Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Ride Sharing - Moloka`i
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  12:39:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What are y'all paying for interisland.....PHNL-PHMK OR PHOG-PHMK

I'm being quoted $181.00 for the round trip on IslandAir.

I'm also thinking a Jeep for Jill. She is coming as a guest, no geetar for her....and will be checking out the Island over the week.

(She is all over this Bread-Run thingy)

P.S. Debbie....does this mean I'll finally get to buy you that LongBoard?

just sayin, that's all

Cmdr

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  1:20:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you fly in through Maui and take the ferry? That's 1/2 price. I think Gordon got r/t i/i for $60 or $80, but that's to Maui from HNL, not to the pretiges destination of Molokai.
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

geckoripp
Aloha

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2005 :  06:55:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit geckoripp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, Debbie,

David and I are also hoping to catch that 2:30 ferry on the 24th (Saturday). We'd love to share a taxi to the harbour.

Kathleen

quote:
Originally posted by islandboo

Tommy -

If you decide to bribe Jean for a ride to Camp on Saturday, would you be interested in sharing a taxi (or Moloka'i equivalent) after Camp on Friday? I am arranging for transportation to the ferry at Kaunakakai for the 2:30 crossing, so depending on how early you want to check in for your flight, they could probably drop you off at the airport on the way to the harbour.

A hui hou!

Debbie

It is not so much our friends' help that helps us as the confident knowledge that they will help us.
-Epicurus, Greek philosopher (341-270 BC)
Go to Top of Page

geckoripp
Aloha

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2005 :  06:57:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit geckoripp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We're arriving on the ferry from Maui at 8:15 a.m. on Saturday. Anyone else on that boat who'd like to share a taxi to the ranch?

Kathleen & David
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2005 :  11:17:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kathleen-

Please clarify your post - the 24th is Friday, the day Camp ends. If you and David are staying until Saturday, you will need to get your own taxi, but if you are leaving on Friday, I would love to travel with you guys. FYI, I just posted a new topic about the ferry - they have changed their schedule, and the ferry leaves at 4:15 rather than 2:15. (Also, they want people checking in 30 minutes before departure rather than 15 minutes)

A hui hou,

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

geckoripp
Aloha

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2005 :  4:02:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit geckoripp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oops, you caught it, Debbie. Yes, I meant FRIDAY the 24th!
And we'd be happy to share a taxi to the new 4:15 ferry. How nice not to have to rush away from camp!

Kathleen

quote:
Originally posted by islandboo

Kathleen-

Please clarify your post - the 24th is Friday, the day Camp ends. If you and David are staying until Saturday, you will need to get your own taxi, but if you are leaving on Friday, I would love to travel with you guys. FYI, I just posted a new topic about the ferry - they have changed their schedule, and the ferry leaves at 4:15 rather than 2:15. (Also, they want people checking in 30 minutes before departure rather than 15 minutes)

A hui hou,

Debbie

It is not so much our friends' help that helps us as the confident knowledge that they will help us.
-Epicurus, Greek philosopher (341-270 BC)

Edited by - geckoripp on 04/28/2005 4:03:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

JeffC
Lokahi

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2005 :  11:09:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit JeffC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey AMC veterans

I will be arriving on the 17th and not until about 7:00 PM. I will be with my family (wife and two small ones and enough gear to get them through 2 weeks) so not much chance of ride sharing to Moloka`i Ranch. Have any of you utilized the shuttle services? What are the prices? I've tried the email route to them, but they failed for some reason. I'll have to try the old fashioned phone method...

We are foregoing the car for the camp week, but I'm gonna rent one for our second week. I'm hoping to bum or bribe a ride from another extended camper to the airport on the 25th.

Mahalo for any input on the shuttles.

Jeff

Jeff

Making Trout Country safe for Slack Key!
Go to Top of Page

kalena
Aloha

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2005 :  10:26:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband, Buck and I are coming to AMC from Eugene, Oregon. We're haoles; been in a halau in Eugene nearly two years.

Paid $100. RT from HNL to Moloka'i. George's Aviation 808-834-2120.

Sounds like a lot of you know each other already. This is our first time.

We're arriving Sat., June 18, probably about 2:00. Leaving HNL at 1. Would gladly share a ride with anyone else arriving about that time.

Looking forward to meeting all of you.
Kalena

May the source (kumu) be with you.
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2005 :  1:38:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kalena,

Aloha! Welcome.

George's aviation? I'll call the number. I was only able to score the full friggin price 169.00 via one of the 'major' inter-islands.

I'm getting into Honolulu evening of the 17th. Everything on the 18th was booked with a capital B !

We are renting a car so my girlfriend Jill can check out the Island during camp. I'm checking on some fares, but we're going to be arriving in Molokai on the 18th. Most likely somewhere around the same time.

I'll be in touch after I go call George!

Mike

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2005 :  4:53:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Kalena!!
Maggie told me about you so I'll be in Camp waiting for you to get there!!
I'm first time Camper, begiiner classes...
And I am bouncing off walls getting so excited about it!!!
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Puna
Lokahi

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2005 :  06:16:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Kalena

We met Buck at the PNWHMI classes. Were you there? Awue, too many new faces and names, I don't remember (although 'Buck from Eugene' stuck in my head).

Welcome to Taropatch and AMC!

Puna

Puna
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2005 :  07:26:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Puna,
Remember that guy playing "Hilo Hanakahi" during open mike with Herb Jr.? That's Buck!
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2005 :  09:22:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Eh Puna:

Unfortunately, Karen (Kalena) didn't make it to the PNWHMI classes, but Buck & I were both in Dennis' intermediate slack key sessions with you. We came up from Eugene with our friend, Elizabeth (a veteran of two AMC's). Yes, it was Buck that played w/Herb Jr. (and David) at the open mic. Good memory, Jesse!

M
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2005 :  7:56:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Maggie,
I get to so few slack key events, I memorize everything!
For Puna:
Here's a picture of you talking to Buck...
http://instituteofhawaiianmusic.fotopic.net/p11721741.html
(in da back!)
Jesse Tinsley

Edited by - hapakid on 05/26/2005 7:58:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

kalena
Aloha

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2005 :  11:01:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Nancy

Aloha Kalena!!
Maggie told me about you so I'll be in Camp waiting for you to get there!!
I'm first time Camper, begiiner classes...
And I am bouncing off walls getting so excited about it!!!
n

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000