Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Ride Sharing - Moloka`i
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

kalena
Aloha

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2005 :  11:05:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aunty Nancy--
Maggie said "oh, you get to meet Aunty Nancy!" but she didn't tell me anything else about you. Where are you from? What skills do you have already and what will you be looking to focus on?

I'm not sure how this bulletin board ssystem works. I already sent a message with nothing in it. Now I'm trying this. Look forward to meeting you.

Kalena

quote:
Originally posted by kalena

My husband, Buck and I are coming to AMC from Eugene, Oregon. We're haoles; been in a halau in Eugene nearly two years.

Paid $100. RT from HNL to Moloka'i. George's Aviation 808-834-2120.

Sounds like a lot of you know each other already. This is our first time.

We're arriving Sat., June 18, probably about 2:00. Leaving HNL at 1. Would gladly share a ride with anyone else arriving about that time.

Looking forward to meeting all of you.
Kalena

Go to Top of Page

kalena
Aloha

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2005 :  11:13:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Puna--
No, I didn't go to Seattle. I had too much else going on already. But I'm really looking forward to AMC. My skill level is way lower than Buck's. I'm more of a musical dabbler. Maybe I'm intermediate ukulele. Making music is but one of my many interests. I like hiking and birding more than music. Buck is deeply and passionately involved, often to the exclusion of other activities. Luckily I have lots of friends to do those other things with.

I look forward to meeting you in Molokai. Are you a man or a woman?

quote:
Originally posted by Puna

Aloha Kalena

We met Buck at the PNWHMI classes. Were you there? Awue, too many new faces and names, I don't remember (although 'Buck from Eugene' stuck in my head).

Welcome to Taropatch and AMC!

Puna

Go to Top of Page

kalena
Aloha

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2005 :  11:22:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maggie--
maybe you can explain a few things about how this system works.
What is the quote part of "reply with quote"?
What is a profile signature, and why would I want to reply with one?
What's with the smilies sitting off th the side of this reply area I'm writing in?
Can you reply just generally to the whole string, or must it be to a specific message?
Or perhaps are you always replying to the whole string, or strand, or what do you call it anyway?
You probably won'ty have a chance to check this till after your plant sale, but good luck on that.

Anybody else is welcome to answer any of these questions you can.

Hugs,
Kalena

quote:
Originally posted by MahinaM

Eh Puna:

Unfortunately, Karen (Kalena) didn't make it to the PNWHMI classes, but Buck & I were both in Dennis' intermediate slack key sessions with you. We came up from Eugene with our friend, Elizabeth (a veteran of two AMC's). Yes, it was Buck that played w/Herb Jr. (and David) at the open mic. Good memory, Jesse!

M

Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2005 :  1:37:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Karen!

I feel kind of stupid, but I've only replied in the "quick reply" box without quotes, emoticons, or any other icons, plus emailed folks directly to their email address by clicking on to their name (which pops up an email message box). Maybe somebody else on TP can answer that question for you. Also, I sent Buck a pic of Puna and him chatting away during a break in the class. Good 'ol Jesse took that one (thanks Jesse!).

Mags
Go to Top of Page

kalena
Aloha

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2005 :  2:17:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mags--
Thanks for the info. I also found out a few things by checking out the FAQ.

Now can you, or anyone tell me where those words that show up under our ID came from, what purpose they serve. Mine says Aloha . Yours says Lakohi, or some rearrangement of the same letters.

Kalena
quote:
Originally posted by MahinaM

Hey Karen!

I feel kind of stupid, but I've only replied in the "quick reply" box without quotes, emoticons, or any other icons, plus emailed folks directly to their email address by clicking on to their name (which pops up an email message box). Maybe somebody else on TP can answer that question for you. Also, I sent Buck a pic of Puna and him chatting away during a break in the class. Good 'ol Jesse took that one (thanks Jesse!).

Mags

May the source (kumu) be with you.
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2005 :  2:50:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha!!
You can write just about anything you want. But it's good to stick to the topic sort of, if it's in the first 3 or 4 catagories. Pretty much anything goes in the Talk Story and introduce yourself, and this thread is all us Scouts going to Camp getting to know each other, finding out stuff we need to know while packing, and hooking up when we're there.
I haven't figured out those little smilies, but I think there was a thread about 6 months ago when Andy told us what to do.
I'll be getting to Camp on Friday afternoon along w/ Jean, Dave Nye etc. My new cyberfriend Larry who will be arriving later that night on the ferry is also a birder. And we are both divers, looking forward to making bubbles off reef on Molokai. I'm a rank beginner slacker and Larry's doing a bit better. By clicking on my name, you will get to my profile and find that I live in Manhattan Beach. By clicking on "send e-mail" you can get to me directly and then I could get back to you. Some people have pretty good info on their bios, others don't even have their names. Place is good because it helps getting folks together for kanikapila. This life in the Taropatch is for spreading Aloha as much as anything else. and how better to do that than by sharing beautiful music?
See you in 3 !!! weeks!!!!
auntie n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2005 :  5:04:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, just to be side tracked for antoher minute. The FAQ has been incomplete for a while. But I think everything is there now.

Please see What are the Hawaiian words underneath members usernames?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

kalena
Aloha

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2005 :  1:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A friend who used to live on Molokai just called and said she heard the festival scheduled for the weekend right after AMC has been cancelled. She also said sometimes false rumors spread like wildfire on Molokai, so she was going to try to find out more.

Anybody on this board heard anything, either way.

Kalena
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Nancy

Aloha!!
You can write just about anything you want. But it's good to stick to the topic sort of, if it's in the first 3 or 4 catagories. Pretty much anything goes in the Talk Story and introduce yourself, and this thread is all us Scouts going to Camp getting to know each other, finding out stuff we need to know while packing, and hooking up when we're there.
I haven't figured out those little smilies, but I think there was a thread about 6 months ago when Andy told us what to do.
I'll be getting to Camp on Friday afternoon along w/ Jean, Dave Nye etc. My new cyberfriend Larry who will be arriving later that night on the ferry is also a birder. And we are both divers, looking forward to making bubbles off reef on Molokai. I'm a rank beginner slacker and Larry's doing a bit better. By clicking on my name, you will get to my profile and find that I live in Manhattan Beach. By clicking on "send e-mail" you can get to me directly and then I could get back to you. Some people have pretty good info on their bios, others don't even have their names. Place is good because it helps getting folks together for kanikapila. This life in the Taropatch is for spreading Aloha as much as anything else. and how better to do that than by sharing beautiful music?
See you in 3 !!! weeks!!!!
auntie n

Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2005 :  1:41:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Kalena!
I think Puna is a guy - his name is Eric... I found that out by clicking on Puna in his post and that took me to his bio that says his real name is Eric Strout. Of course it might not really be his name. The picture Lawrence uses he says isn't really him (thank goodness) but that leaves the rest of his (her) info suspect as well. At one time some of us hoped more people would put more info in their bios, like where they live, so we could get together more. But some people like to hide and lurk.... I guess as long as they don't jump out of the bushes, we're OK.
See you soon!!!!!
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Puna
Lokahi

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2005 :  07:34:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha e, Kalena

E kala mai for not responding sooner - my halau always has a retreat over memorial day weekend, so when you were typing it I was driving past you (the retreat is in Breitenbush).

Ae, I'm kane (male) - last I checked! My wife is Keonaona, a wahine nani loa.

Auntie Nancy's sleuthing was quite successful - although "'Eric'...might not really be his name" has some merit to it. My halua no longer recognizes 'Eric' - "Kamakanihali'ala'opuna" is the inoa (name) that my kumu honored me with, so to the Halau I am Puna. And, since 'Eric' did not exist for the last four days at the retreat, I am slightly disoriented this morning, back at work, trying to remember to answer when someone says 'Hey Eric!'

I look forward to meeting you (and Auntie Nancy!), and seeing Buck again. Counting the days until I board ka mokulele (the plane)...ekahi, elua, ekolu...

Puna

Puna

Edited by - Puna on 05/31/2005 07:36:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

Puna
Lokahi

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2005 :  07:41:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha e, Jesse!

Reading backwards...just saw your post. Mahalo for the link to the photo...and there you are, also! Ah, good memories of that weekend, and anticipation for the next.

Puna

Puna
Go to Top of Page

kalena
Aloha

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  3:02:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike--
What happened when you called George's? Are you coming about the same time we are on June 18, dep HNl about 1? I need to call about setting up our transport from the airport to the ranch. Maybe tonight, when I get home from work.
Kalena

Go to Top of Page

Bill Neubauer
Aloha

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2005 :  3:02:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Neubauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha from Buffalo! Erica and I will be arriving in Molokai on Friday, June 17 @ 6:55 PM and will be looking for someone to share a ride with. We have not made any rental plans, but will chip in if someone already has and has room for us. We ain't packin' much (although I'm bringing a dreadnaught guitar this time so I don't have to keep defending my cute little Baby Taylor - Hey! It really is a real guitar!) Bill

Kika Pila
Go to Top of Page

david r
Aloha

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2005 :  6:54:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife (Kathleen) and I will be arriving at Kahului at 11:23 am on Friday the 17th, spending the night in Lahaina and takeing the ferry to Molokai on Saturday the 18th. Does anybody know of any public transportation between Kahulue and Lahaina? We like poking around on local busses when possible. My travel agent says taxi is the only option. Also, is anybody else who made a uke last year bringing it back this year? I'm ashamed to say I am just now putting the final coats of finish on mine. What can I say, it has been a really busy year, but I will have it with me and expect to learn to play it a little. Looking foreward to seeing old and new friends, and just being on Molokai.
Aloha
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2005 :  03:02:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha David,
I did some sleuthing earlier and found that you can catch a taxi out of the airport, but then have it drop you at the first bus-stop which is by WalMart. From there, the bus is easy since you're in the middle of the day. I'd call about the schedule, but it looks like you could catch the 1:30 bus and it takes you all the way to Lahaina. The bus doesn't run on Sundays. Another option is to rent an Enterprise car since they have an office in Lahaina too. You pay maybe $10 drop-off fee and of course they pick you up and take you back to where you need to go.

See you at Camp!
n

nancy cook

Edited by - Auntie Nancy on 06/07/2005 03:43:41 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000