Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 shipping cases with no wait?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  07:12:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are there good Calvin like cases available for tenor uke, fiddle, and of course guitar--without long waits!

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  08:13:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Are there good Calvin like cases available for tenor uke, fiddle, and of course guitar--

I'm guessing you mean Calton Cases. http://www.caltoncases.ab.ca/count1/home.htm

The short answer... yes, sorta. Check with 'em to see what they have in ready-mades in stock. Numerous other companies may have something, too. I did a google on "Instrument flight cases" and came up with a million hits. Should be something there for ya!

You can certainly get a fiddle or tenor `ukulele on board with you. These are the instruments alluded to in the infamous "TSA Letter" that's been circling the web for a couple years. (In short, the letter says some musicial instruments qualify as carry-ons.)

Another option for small instruments: Pack 'em in up a secure hard case (like a pro-logic fiddle case.) Loosen the strings, support the peghead, pad it down real well. Then stick the case in the middle of one of your suitcases (your checked luggage), packed lovely with all your Aloha shirts, undies and all the rest.

Or do the shipping box drill.

cheers,

Mark
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000