Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Aunty Nona
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  08:49:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha

Many of you are aware that Aunty Nona Beamer has been ill. In fact, I have been innundated with e-mails and phone calls from many of you asking for updates for the past two months. Sadly, I really didn't have any information to give you, save for the wish that her health would improve soon and that we'd see her at the Aloha Camp in February. Like you, I wished I had more up to date info on her progress. But I respect the Beamer family's decision to keep the wagons circled so they could focus on her care and recovery.

So I'm afraid I have good news..... and bad news. Aunty Nona is recovering, albeit more slowly than we hoped. She is scheduled to be released from the hospital early next week and will be living with a caregiver on Maui.

However, she will not be able to attend the Aloha Camp next week. I know that for many of us, time spent with Aunty is the highlight of the camp. I also know that she will miss seeing her many friends. But we can rejoice in the knowlege that she is getting better, and we look forward to seeing her again soon.

Keola has posted an update on his website: http://www.kbeamer.com/

As you can imagine, Keola and I are working on some schedule changes for camp. You can be sure that we will do everything we can to make it a magical experience for you. We regret this last minute notice, but we'd truly believed Aunty would be up and dancing for you next week.

For myself, I'm going to hold that image in my heart, and send out a prayer to boot.

Me ke aloha,

Kailana

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  09:02:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update, Mark. I'm happy to hear Auntie Nona is heading home. Wishing all the Beamers positive thoughts and prayers.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  10:18:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sarah and I, too, have been worried about her and hoping for the best. As two Campers who will obviously miss her, it is much, much more important to us that she be well and happy than we get the benefit of her presence. So, we will miss her but only because, were she at Camp, it would mean that she was in great condition. Her welfare is our concern.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2006 :  04:51:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Susy & I are bringin' lotsa pretty notepaper & a big manila envelope, for thems as wants to send Aunty a note

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000