Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Winter campers, hint, hint
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Puna
Lokahi

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  10:45:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here's a newstory in the Seattle pepa:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/travel/2002852754_hawaiicamp12.html

Puna
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  12:30:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, that was what Steven was really thinking about. He is really knowledgeable about music - he plays several instruments as I recall. During one lunch conversation, he quoted Debussy to help make an interesting point. Nice guy, too.

Wonder if he lurks here. If so, delurk Steven.

...Reid

Go to Top of Page

Sil da Trill
Akahai

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  5:48:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reid and Sarah,

Aue, ka nani da pictures!!! Was just a month ago when we shared the good time together. Howzit going back east? As for me, things are going well. Got to play at our open mic in San Jose, see the thread in the "Performance/Events & Reviews: March So Bay Opon Mic News". I did "Ku'u Home 'O Kahalu'u" in F Wahine tuning and told the audience about the Beamer/Cockett influence on this presentation. Then I did "Ku'u Hoa" same style as we did at Camp. The hula dancer was Julie Hendriks. ...so the only part missing was you, Sarah and the rest of the campers. Thanks to your pics, the memories are still strong. Hope our paths cross again real soon!!!

BTW, I'm getting another guitar, picked a Breedlove. Sounds every bit as good as my Taylor K-14C but at half the price. And brother Gerry has aquired two new ukes.
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  6:39:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
So, that was what Steven was really thinking about

I'm hip. I had no idea Steve was planning on doing the story until the last day or two of camp, when he told me what he was up to and started asking probing questions. Stealth reporters -- wotta concept! Usually I get hit on for comps from some bloke with a blog.

I think he got the essence of the February Aloha Camp, don't you? And I love the picture of the monk seal.

Mahalo, Steve.

Now go practice yer guitar!

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  05:07:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
E Sil da Trill e, aloha mai!

Hard to believe it was a month ago! We're still trying to survive winter here, though spring has made a few tantalizing appearances on a few days here and there. Lucky you live Kaleponi where there's lots of slack key peoples and warm weather. But we'll be seeing Andy and Mrs Andy soon, coming from NJ -- closest folks around who understand our affliction ;-)

Give our aloha to Gerry too -- and our sympathies on catching the 'uke bug. Reid's come down with it too.

me ke aloha pumehana,
Sarah

Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  05:19:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think he got the essence of the February Aloha Camp, don't you?

I agree, Steve's article was great. Great photos, too. As I read his style of writing, I could just see his face and hear his voice -- it was almost like being there again. Steve has a phenomenal knowledge of classical music, and always had great insights into the music during our classes. Who knew he was gonna go write us up! (Except you, Mark )

Mahalo, Steve! Great article!

aloha,
Sarah
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000