Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Getting to AMC - good time to buy tickets!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Larry Goldstein
Lokahi

267 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  10:52:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Getting to Moloka'i from the mainland is cheaper today than it was a few months ago when I bought my tickets. For example, check out www.alohaairlines.com. A roundtrip ticket from Oakland to Honolulu around camp time is $376.

I've also heard that inter-island fares are also relatively inexpensive right now.

It's hard for me to overstate my experience last year at camp. Suffice to say I have been blessed with many wonderful people in my life, but the aloha I felt at camp from the instructors, staff, and fellow campers was overwhelming. Add in the music, the location,... well, you get the picture.

Larry

ArtSap
Lokahi

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  11:16:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit ArtSap's Homepage  Send ArtSap a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It's actually $351 or $376 from Oakland to Honolulu and from $311 to $376 for the return trip. In essence, it's each way - not round trip...

Art
SF Bay Area, CA / Mililani, HI
"The real music comes from within you - not from the instrument"
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  11:53:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hawaiian Airlines is cheaper but you're still looking at $584 RT from SFO. Whatever happened to cheap flights?!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  2:16:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Whatever happened to cheap flights?!

Whatever happened to cheap gas?! Oh yeah, record oil company profits. I forgot.

Seriously, airfares have come down from a few months ago, and deals do exist - but you have to jump on them.

There is a price war going on for interisland flights: both Hawaiian and Aloha have $39 one way flights if you book immediately.

Go to Top of Page

Larry Goldstein
Lokahi

267 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  3:46:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mahalo Art for getting right on this topic. My apologies for submitting bad data.

All I can say is I recently heard about possible much better airfares, and I'd never visited a website before where the fare was broken down into coming and going.

I checked out Aloha again, and this time, scrolling all the way down, found the return flight for the date I chose was $219. That's close to what cpatch reported.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

GUke
Lokahi

188 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2006 :  5:41:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Airlines sent me an e-mail with special one way fares and from Oakland the range is $149 to $199 depending on what day you leave. But to get these fares you must book by April 18th and travel by June 30th.

Genaro

Genaro

Should I? Itʻs only $, and where Iʻm going itʻll burn or melt.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000