Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 February Aloha Music Camp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  12:44:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha kakou -

I am pleased to announce our staff for the Aloha Music Camp, February 4 - 10, 2007 at Kaupoa Beach Village on the magical island of Moloka`i.

Ceremonies & Mo'olelo
Nona Beamer

Ki Ho'alu
Keola Beamer
Sonny Lim
Kevin Brown
Mark Kailana Nelson

Hula (Wahine)
Moanalani Beamer
Robyn Kneubuhl

Hula (Kane)
Kapono'ai Molitau
`Anakala Pilipo

'Ukulele
Beginning - Kaliko Trapp
Intermediate & Songs- Robyn Kneubuhl
Advanced Fingerstyle - Mark Kailana Nelson

‘Ukulele Building
Dennis Lake

Oli
Kapono'ai Molitau

Hawaiian Cooking Techniques
Lawalu Fish - Keola Beamer
Poi - Anakala Pilipo
Squid Lu'au - Robyn Kneubuhl (pending)

Olelo Hawai'i
Kaliko Beamer Trapp

Crafts
Lei Making - Moloka'i 'Ohana
Shell Collecting and Shell Leimaking- Moloka'i 'Ohana
Palm Weaving - `Anakala Pilipo

Keiki Storytelling & Ki'i Puppetry
Nona Beamer

Moloka'i `Ohana Lectures
Na Kupuna o Moloka`i

To learn more and to register, visit the website: www.alohamusiccamp.com

Hope to see you there!

Edited by - Mark on 10/04/2006 12:35:17 PM

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  5:10:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aaack! It is clear that there are nowhere near enough hours in a day. So which do I concentrate my time on - time travel or cloning? Hmmm....

I never would have thought that there could be anything that actually made me look forward to winter!
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2006 :  5:34:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Boo, does that mean you are considering going in February? I will need to take a long look at my finances, but if it is at all possible, we will go.

Aloha nui, Julie
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2006 :  05:40:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Considering going? I am already signed up and am counting the days! (196...) Please look as long and hard as you have to- Camp is always more delightful when you are there.

Much love,

Boo

P.S., I never did receive an email about whether or not you would like some lei - I had been having issues with my account, but I think it's better now, so send me a note and let me know.

Edited by - islandboo on 07/23/2006 05:42:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  9:56:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This may be a bit premature, but, anybody want to share a car in February? Or, better yet, is a car at all necessary during the camp. Are there outfits that will drop you off for a hike and come back later, or is there no time to hike? Or swim, or sleep?
Is the ferry the best way to get there from maui?
I attended my first guitar camp last week and found i had no time for anything but pickin'! Not complaining at all, because that is what I went for. I suppose the same is true at keola's camp?
So, who;s counting? 157 days?

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  02:49:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had the same questions Karl, and it turned out to be easier than we thought.

We took the ferry from Lahaina and it was really fun, especially when the channel current waves were high. Saw a whale or two on the way back. Great views, too.

There are 2 shuttle/taxi/tour services. Give one a call before you go, and they will pick you up and take you to the ranch and/or anywhere else you want to go. Actually, lots of folks didn't have to call them at all, 'cause there was plenty of room in the vans, and if they see more people, they call in more vans.

You can do anything you want at Camp. To paraphrase Mark, "Life is full of choices". Pick all day and night or sing or dance or watch whales or hike or listen to kupuna or sleep or eat or chant or pound poi or weed the mala... About the only thing that is hard to do in Feb. is swim at the Camp - the waves were really high and probably will be again this Winter. But they are impressive to watch.

Have fun.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  07:53:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
About the only thing that is hard to do in Feb. is swim at the Camp - the waves were really high and probably will be again this Winter. But they are impressive to watch.

Actually, that was an unusual swell last February. All the locals were blown away by the size and scope.

Swell direction usually keeps it swimable at Kaupoa -- and always at Dixie Beach. But big waves are always possible... and awe inspiring. Nothing like the power of the ocean to bring some perspective, eh?

A hui hou!

Mark

Go to Top of Page

LopakaDavis
Aloha

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  10:10:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit LopakaDavis's Homepage  Send LopakaDavis a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Aloha Mark,

I work for KTEH here in San Jose.. and we just put your package up for bid on our online auction! So kind and generous of you. I just started promoting your camp today with my halau, through MySpace (about 400 friends) and of course KTEH. I actually planned on posting the link here, but I'd like to get your okay first.. feel free to send me a message to let me know. Mahalo nui!

Malama pono,
Lopaka
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  07:56:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha e Lopaka -

Thanks for the help. By all means post the link.

And, for the benefit of those wondering what we are talking about:

quote:
I work for KTEH here in San Jose.. and we just put your package up for bid on our online auction!

The Aloha Music Camp and the Lodge and Beach Village at Moloka`i Ranch have donated a pair of registrations to the February Camp, to be auctioned as part of the KTEH fund drive this September 15th. We are pleased to be able to support public TV in the San Jose/San Francisco area.

Anybody can participate. Here's a link to the KTEH website: http://www.kteh.org/

Cheers,

Mark
Go to Top of Page

LopakaDavis
Aloha

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  07:14:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit LopakaDavis's Homepage  Send LopakaDavis a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
here's the direct link.. or you can just enter keyword "Lahaina" and it will pop up...

http://onlineauction.kteh.org/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=19005&_UserReference=7F00000146B456B4C3C9967A6AD045098D64

Go to Top of Page

LopakaDavis
Aloha

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  07:15:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit LopakaDavis's Homepage  Send LopakaDavis a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
thanks again Mark!
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  12:49:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, I just saw the link. Thanks for posting it. Looks pretty cool.

Wow, with the opening bid under seven bills I may bid myself!

Hey Keola, I'm taking the week off. We'll ask one of the Big Dogs to run the camp, OK?

Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
521 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  12:58:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Karl, yes time flies at Aloha Music Camp very much like at the Alaska Camp. We rented a car last year and never touched it until camp was over. This year we are doing extended stay again and will take the shuttle/taxi to camp and rent a car only for the two "extended stay" days after camp. It seemed like enough people rented cars that if you really needed to go into town for something, you could probably bum a ride from someone.
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  1:06:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
We rented a car last year and never touched it until camp was over.

I do that too---just like having the car there 'just in case'---will again this time

quote:
you could probably bum a ride from someone.

Like me <G>

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  1:28:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoa! Is that Earl? As in, Earl and Alice? Aloha, and nice to hear from the Far North!

To uninitates:
(E&A explained to us that Alaska was as close (or closer) to Hawai`i as/than LAX was.) Incredible!

Sarah sez she still remembers your nice Sanoe in class (if you are the REAL Earl).

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
521 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  1:45:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually this is Alice cleverly disguised as Earl, but yep, it's us.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000