Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Aunty Nona Beamer Passes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  09:35:30 AM  Show Profile
I just received this tragic info.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080410/BREAKING01/80410028

God bless Aunty and the whole Beamer `ohana

Dave

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  09:53:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
This post hit me particularly hard. I have not seen Auntie Nona in 6+ years but traded letters with her recently. She is one of the most amazing people that I have met in my life. So generous and full of aloha. My prayers go out to the Beamer ʻohana.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  09:54:18 AM  Show Profile
But what a legacy she leaves! We all knew she was failing, but we hoped...

I don't know, maybe this year will be remembered as a valedictory year because of the passing of Giants - Aunty Genoa, Uncle Ray, and Aunty Nona. All of us should have been blessed with such lifetimes of accomplishment and goodness.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  09:58:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Aloha `oe, Aunty. Give hugs to Aunty Genoa and to Uncle Raymond for all of us.
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  09:59:43 AM  Show Profile
That is so sad.

We received a very nice thank-you for sending her our recordings of her workshops at the first two Aloha Music Camps, and another nice letter more recently.

My thoughts go out to the Beamer Ohana.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Ben
Lokahi

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  10:05:48 AM  Show Profile
How incredibly sad. I felt honored to have the chance to meet her and listen to her talk story at this winter's AMC. There are few people whom I admire without reservation. She's one. I can't think of another person who better epitomizes the kind of person we should each strive to be.

Much condolences to the Beamer 'ohana.

Aloha 'oe, Aunty. Rest well.

Mālama pono
Ben

Edited by - Ben on 04/10/2008 2:57:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  10:16:05 AM  Show Profile
Just this morning I was doing some cleanup and came across two handwritten letters from Auntie Nona for the same reason that Lawrence mentioned above. She was thanking me for sending her AMC recordings and for my aloha. Both were written on recycled envelopes. I will cherish them always. Keola was the first to call me Big Dog, but she was the first to call me `Ilio.

`Ilio nui
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  10:19:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
Oh I am at a Loss I have been working on Photos All morning from Camp and her Face and Love has been with me.
I really feel at such a loss it is as if my own Grandmother had passed and I only got to know her for one week. She had that kind of presence.
I will share two of my favorites

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy

Edited by - NANI on 04/10/2008 10:21:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  10:31:19 AM  Show Profile
My sincere condolences to the Beamer family. There is no love like a mother's love. Ever.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Auntie Nona in person, however, I have had a taste of her graciousness and aloha. I sent a donation to the Hula Preservation Society and received back a lovely handwritten note of thanks from her. I was quite taken aback. It just never ceases to amaze me at the true aloha exhibited by the people who love and cherish Hawaiian music and hula. There is just an innate aloha in them and they cannot help but spread it.

Soar with the angels, Auntie. You will be missed, but you have left a great legacy. Aloha `oe.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

naukilo
Lokahi

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  10:44:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit naukilo's Homepage  Send naukilo an AOL message
Aunty Nona was my teacher at Kamehameha Schools and whose guidance led to what I am today in Hawaiian Music. She was dedicated to the uplifting of our Hawaiian culture especially in the field of Hula. She was a beacon of light in the darkness that guided those of us who were in the study of the Hawaiian Culture in the early days when the powers that be dictated what we were suppose to be as Hawaiians. She defined what we should be as beneficiaries of Princess Bernice Pauahi and that is to be proud of our Hawaiian heritage. Her words of wisdom, her wealth of knowledge, and especially her smile and laughter will be terribly missed.

Hele wawae 'oia me na 'anela i ka 'aina o Ke Akua. Amama. Ua noa.

Aloha,
Rev. Dennis Kamakahi
Kamehameha Schools Class of '71

Edited by - naukilo on 04/26/2008 10:31:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  10:56:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
'Aue! Aloha no!

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  10:58:45 AM  Show Profile
Aloha nō. Aunty Nona was an inspiration and a teacher to more people than she knew, gentle and always striving for the highest. I will treasure the times I spoke with her and watched her teaching.

ʻO ke Akua pū me ka ʻohana Beamer i kēia wā hoʻokaumaha.

aloha,
Sarah
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  11:39:24 AM  Show Profile
Aue, aue, aue!! She was at least as dear to me as any other member of my `ohana. Gonna really miss that classy lady. But just think of the big lu`au & hula party in heaven today.

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

Teri
Aloha

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  11:55:47 AM  Show Profile
This is such a loss for the Beamer family and those of us who have been enriched by Aunty Nona's Aloha spirit. The ability to enjoy the essence of Hawaiian art, music and culture has so much to do with Aunty Nona. She was so giving in her time and joy of her culture.

Susan and I feel so blessed to have been able to spend time with Aunty Nona at the Aloha Camps, talking story. She was always curious and always wanting to learn as well as share. She will be greatly missed.

Hugs and prayers to Keola, Moana, Kaliko, Kathy and the rest of the Beamer 'ohana.

Peace to all.

Edited by - Teri on 04/10/2008 12:08:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  12:02:07 PM  Show Profile
I can only echo the sentiments already expressed: aloha nō. She was one of the greatest women I have ever had the honor of meeting, and she truly inspired my love for nā mea Hawaiʻi a pau. My heart aches at the loss but rejoices in having shared time with her, having learned from her, and in the knowledge that she is at peace.
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  12:11:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Auntie Nona will always be with me in my heart. She changed my outlook on the world and I thank her for that.
Sincere condolences to the Beamer ohana, warm hugs from the far north

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000