Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Kanikapila O'ahu
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 32

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  1:08:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So how did the kanikapila go? How was the turn out? How was the venue? Any videos? Highlights
Go to Top of Page

sm80808
Lokahi

347 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  1:18:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm bummed... couldn't get off from work. :(
Go to Top of Page

Hookani
Lokahi

232 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  1:25:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure Lanet will give a good run down of the event but it was good fun as usual. Obviously the Abrigo's were there, Doug Fitch, Myself, Kalei Gamiao (excellent ukulele player), Chino Montero. Too bad you guys neva make em. Next one is 4/18 I think.

Ho'okani

Ke Kani Nahe
YouTube

Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  2:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chino Montero????? Holy mackanoli.

If you are having them north shore again, let me know, I'll see if Bla & Kathleen want to come out and play wit you guys.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  3:36:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Taropatch Ohana!

Sorry I didn't get to this post sooner, you would NOT BELIEVE the day I've had today, very wonderful, but busy! Here's a link to the Smilebox I made from my handful of photos from yesterday, please click on each picture to zoom in, SO MUCH FUN!
http://smilebox.com/play/4f444d794d7a67304f413d3d0d0a&sb=1

Yup, Uncle Chino came, Kalei Gamiao (such a nice young man, and FABULOUS ukulele player, can't wait he and Zack to meet), Uncle Derek (Hookani), Uncle Doug Fitch, the Abrigo Ohana, and a lovely mother and daughter team of bongo players. Lots of others came down to enjoy the music including Jon Hawes (fabulous bass player, says he'll jam with us next time). Also Lynn from Pakele Live! She's a LOVE. Hopefully she'll post something in here too as she's an active taropatch member.

I'll work on getting some video posted ASAP, but better still, the fabulous Michi Moore was there, so watch her You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/thetikitorch as she'll probably beat me to getting things loaded. And her quality is SO MUCH BETTER than mine. I'm still trying to make myself stop rocking to the music while I'm filming!

I'll be dropping a copy of the Smilebox to Pizza Bob's today with a BIG MAHALO! Once I confirm the date for the next North Shore Kanikapila (shooting for 4/18) I'll let you all know.

Auntie Wanda, I was trying to figure out how to contact Bla to invite him to the kanikapila. If you would do that once the date is set, we would all be very grateful! Would be SUCH AN HONOR to have him and Kathleen.

Already have someone REALLY AWESOME planning on joining us for next month.

A Hui Hou,
Lanet and the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  06:00:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice pics, Lanet. Looks like a great time was had by all, judging by the smiles on foks' faces.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  09:02:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Taropatch Ohana!

Here's my handful of videos from last Saturday's Kanikapila at Pizza Bob's. You know I'm not the best videographer, but at least you can get a taste. Looking forward to next months gathering. Will let you know as soon as I confirm the date.

Kalei Gamiao ~ I Will Remember You:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9RyOfdrSss

Doug Fitch ~ Aloha Kane'ohe:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX8wEf4PX4A

Derek Higa ~ Papalina Lahilahi:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBFI8P7ozCU

Emily and Chino ~ Kalama Ula, this one's funny because Chino wanted Emily to sing it alone, but Emily had been waiting to sing this song with Chino since last year. In the end, it was beautiful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EX383EAcRM

A Hui Hou,
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  10:32:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pretty sarn swell, you guys. Derek, I like come pinch your cheeks! And did I see Doug Fitch playing the conga? And Emily and Chino - wow....I love that song, anyhow, but was ono fo shua. Emly does not get nervous a bit, yeah?

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  2:36:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the clips. Looks like great fun!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  9:59:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Andy!

We hope you and the family will join us for the kanikapila when you are on O'ahu again. Sure was nice meeting you a few months back at Pakele Live! Looking forward to seeing you again.

A Hui Hou,
Go to Top of Page

Doug Fitch
Akahai

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  10:55:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doug Fitch's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes Wanda you saw me on congas. I was a percussionist before I took up guitar. Its like riding a bike! smirk smirk ; )
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  11:14:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha,

Emily took some photos of the kanikapila too. She loves photography, so she was all excited to share her photos too:

http://smilebox.com/playEmail/4f4451774d446b304f5877354e4451784e6a55310d0a&sb=1

A Hui Hou,
Lanet
P.S. You should have seen Doug on those congas! HE ROCKS!!
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  11:21:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Next Months Kanikapila is confirmed!

Please join us for a kanikapila at Pizza Bob's in Haleiwa, Saturday, April 18th, 2009 from 2 to 4 p.m. This event is, as it always was, open to all ages and skill levels, so bring your 'ohana and friends! It's FREE, just purchase your own food and beverages from the kind waitstaff. Mahalo to Pizza Bob's for supporting this event!

We will hold our kanikapila in the covered lanai with plenty of shade and cool breezes for everyone's comfort. The restaurant has also offered to hold a really beautiful spot inside if the weather isn't nice. Please do come and enjoy.

Mahalo and Aloha,
The Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  12:36:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sent the invitation to that left handed son of Gabby. If he comes, hoh, Timi gonna learn lots of stuff from Uncle.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  1:09:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eh, gang! I'll be back in April (4/23 - 5/4) for the HSGA convention! I'm having an Anvil case built so I can bring my "main ting", my beloved Fender Stringmaster double 8 (C13 & B11). I'm looking forward to jammin' & hangin' out wid da guyze. I'll also be playing at the convention. I can hardly wait!

keaka
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 32 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000