Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Kanikapila O'ahu
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 32

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  11:25:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lanet - the best of wishes go to you and your `ohana. Big Tim will be in our thoughts and prayers. Yikes, now you will have to wait on him and and foot. Don't forget -- lots of kisses will help him to get better quickly.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  2:02:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Wanda,

Already been waiting on him on Tim hand and foot, poor guy hasn't walked in two months. I'm just praying that the surgery will bring him relief from the pain. It's been SO HARD seeing him suffer like this. Very much looking forward to helping him recover, so we're looking at tomorrow with hope and excitement.

Mahalo,
Lanet
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  5:49:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
E Lanet! God luck and best wishes.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  06:55:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Y'all playing hillbilly music now! I think you are going to make Unko Paul & me very welcome when we come in August. Great film that Michi took. Very good quality film and the sound is really good, too. Kalei looked like he was having fun keeping up with Timi.

Tell me again how old is Timi?

I have a past (and present, for that matter) with banjo as well. I just don't have room to bring one of my banjos with me to Oahu. I'll be an old time banjo judge at the Topanga Canyon contest in LA in May (I won it back in the 70's). So, Wanda & Paul, we share a love of trad Applachian music as well as Hawaiian!

keaka
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  07:21:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Forgot I was able to get my camera to do a short video on Saturday. It's of Timi and Doug jamming after the kanikapila.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmCvEOEbqZU

OK, gotta go, my husbands in surgery now, should be about another 45 nail biting minutes. Will let you all know how it went later. Mahalo to you all for your love, support, prayers, and warm thoughts!

A Hui Hou, Lanet
Go to Top of Page

Kawika96797
Akahai

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2009 :  04:52:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kawika96797's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maika`i!
===========================
quote:
Originally posted by abrigoohana

Forgot I was able to get my camera to do a short video on Saturday. It's of Timi and Doug jamming after the kanikapila.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmCvEOEbqZU

OK, gotta go, my husbands in surgery now, should be about another 45 nail biting minutes. Will let you all know how it went later. Mahalo to you all for your love, support, prayers, and warm thoughts!

A Hui Hou, Lanet

"I have no recollection of that"
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2009 :  3:45:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Big Tim is on the road to recovery! He is slowly recuperating from the surgery and we're looking forward to him walking again soon.

I just now realized I had missed that Auntie Wanda asked how old little Timi is. He just turned 14 in March, and Emily would like EVERYONE to know, that she turned 11 this month. My, how quickly they grow up.

Aloha,
Lanet and the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2009 :  01:12:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are glad to hear that Big Tim is recuperating.

Happy Birthday to Emily. And Timi, he is going to be a bruiser. The kids may grow up pretty fast physically, but I hate to let the secret out of the bag, but, they are still gonna be hitting up you for money or coming over to eat your food, use your washing machine, "borrow" a tool or a gadget or something. Then you never can get rid of them. I can hear it now, "Mama, I need some money for this Martin 12-string. Mama, I need some $$$ for this Koaloha baritone." "Mama, I need some kala for this Konabob Walking Bass.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 04/27/2009 12:04:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2009 :  11:10:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, dearest, can I have kala for one Taylor guitar?
The keiki's never asked for one, so the cash should still be waiting, right?
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2009 :  12:02:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh dearest, work a little overtime to earn extra kala and you can then have any instrument you have money for. I can't buy it for you -- I am living on a fixed income retirement pension.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2009 :  1:35:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, dear. Someone needs to draw the blinds, methinks...
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  4:23:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, y'all. Met uncle braddah today at HSGA convention - wan niceguy! Lookin' fo'wahd to da kane on May 2.

keaka
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  8:09:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You guys are so funny! Thanks for making me smile today. I needed that more than you know.

Aloha,
Lanet
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  2:56:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Taropatch Ohana!

Our next Pizza Bob's kanikapila is on the schedule:

May 23, 2009
2 to 5 p.m.

Join us for a kanikapila at Pizza Bob's in Haleiwa! This event is for all ages and skill levels, so bring your 'ohana and friends! It's FREE, just purchase your own food and beverages from the kind waitstaff. Mahalo to Pizza Bob's for supporting this event!

A kanikapila is a traditional Hawaiian music jam session. The purpose of this event is to share the aloha of our beautiful island music, and the tradition in which it was taught. This is a community event, not for profit. Bring your ukulele, guitar, bass, or shoots, just grab a couple of spoons off the table and play along!

Please spread the word, the more the merrier!

See You There!
Lanet and the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

slackkey808
Akahai

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  8:44:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
shucks, can't come to this one, got an anniversary date set up with my girlfriend :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 32 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000