Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Kanikapila O'ahu
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 32

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2009 :  6:13:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Too bad you can't make it Zack, we sure miss seeing you. Hope some of the other Taropatch ohana comes out!

Mahalo, Lanet
Go to Top of Page

Doug Fitch
Akahai

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2009 :  11:34:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doug Fitch's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh please please, I'd like a Taylor 12 string.
Go to Top of Page

Hookani
Lokahi

232 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  12:29:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Oh please please, I'd like a Taylor 12 string.

Me too...oh wait, I have one already.

Ho'okani

Ke Kani Nahe
YouTube

Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  04:28:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eh, all you guyz gonna get for your whining and begging is notting. You get choke toys fo play wit. Already wen cost plenny kala. Plenny.

One 12-string Taylor indeed. I think I sent my daughter to college for what that wen cost. (At least MY part of the student loan is paid off). And Paul got his Simon & Patrick 12 string from an insurance settlement that I got from Chi-chi's when I got salmonella from them. Isn't that pitiful? Six days of pukin' and you know what and we only get one 12-string guitar out of it? Well, at least in those years I have been beautifully serenaded.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  07:33:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least Simon & Patrick way cheaper than Taylor, Martin, etc. But I get overtime for working next monday, maybe get some down payment for solder to fix the steel?
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  07:59:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OMG you guys make me laugh SO HARD!

Auntie Wanda, I think I'd puke for 6 days if I could get that 12 string!

Uncle Derek, your guitar is FABULOUS, not just beautiful to look at, but the SOUND, HOOOOOOOO, Timi keeps telling me how nice it is... He's not complaining, he wouldn't trade his 12 string Takamine for anything (especially because Uncle George gave it to him), but yours is "NICE!!!!"

Uncle Doug, you already got the "The Purple Bomb" Taylor, that thing ROCKS... sounded awesome on Pakele Live!

Today, those of you who make it to the kanikapila will get to meet Timi's new toy. It doesn't look like much, but wait until you hear him play it, HOLY COW! We think it's been sitting in someone's garage for the last 21 years waiting for Timi. We'd been shopping for a decent 6 string for over a year, but never had enough $$$ to make it happen, especially since daddy is still not back to work. Then we were cruising garage sales with our good friend and there it was, sitting on a table with a bunch of tools and fishing supplies. That's when you know there is a greater power at work... when you've got NO money, and somehow it comes into your hands. AMAZING. Can't wait to see everyone today!

Aloha, Lanet
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  12:51:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And please, please, please. No forget da vids.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

sm80808
Lokahi

347 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  5:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

...(At least MY part of the student loan is paid off)...

I wish mine's was... (anybody like donate to the sm80808 scholarship fund? ...awww... I didn't tink so... :( ... )
Go to Top of Page

sm80808
Lokahi

347 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  9:34:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So yeah, even though I am bummed I missed another kanikapila (I think I need a new job lol) I am excited to see the videos of it. So wea dey stay?

Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  06:13:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It took 6 years to pay off our part of the student loan. That's way more than $1500-$1800 for a guitar.I'm thinking you don't remember how much kala that college loan really was, sweetest.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  10:23:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Taropatch Ohana!

We had a beautiful kanikapila at Pizza Bob's yesterday! Thanks to Uncle Derek, we not only had his beautiful voice and guitar, but Uncle Duke's as well. SO NICE to see Uncle Duke again. There was also a lovely new young lady, Michelle, who came to share her beautiful voice and guitar. Uncle Braddah added his awesome Hawaiian steel for the day. Uncle Doug and Timi spent the morning playing at the nursing home, so they came a few minutes late. Uncle Doug shared his song about the beautiful multicultural women here in Hawaii (I'm convinced this is going to be his biggest hit!). Timi, Emily, and Quinn's young friend Wyatt also came to strum along. Auntie Lynn came too, she's so wonderful, and also Uncle Robert, who comes all the way from the Waianae side just to enjoy the music. Of course the Abrigo Ohana was there in full force. What a great day!

Only sad thing is that I was very disorganized yesterday and only shot ONE video. I'm so sorry you guys, I just couldn't get my act together. I wonder if Auntie Lynn got any video? I'll ask... in the mean time, I'm loading the video to Facebook and I'll post the link here after.

A Hui Hou,
Lanet and the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  10:50:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, here's my one and only video.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1178596013&v=feed&story_fbid=108781542323#/video/video.php?v=1088808058606
Hope I did that right!

I want to take a moment to thank everyone for supporting these kanikapilas. Those of you who come in person, and those who are here for them in spirit. It's because of all your love and support that these kanikapilas continue. Please spread the word, the more the merrier...

Much Mahalo,
Lanet and the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  11:32:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya know, I don't even know what to do with all that facebook stuff, but at least I can watch the video. Auntie was crying. Fo realz. I got to see my Dukie, whom I miss so very much. And then to top it all off, Uncle Braddah was playing some of the sweetest steel guitar I have ever heard, and then to top it off even more, youse were singing "Hawai`i Aloha", which always gets me misty-eyed anyhow. Lanet, if you got only one video, this was the one to get. Chicken skin. Plenty chicken skin.

It don't get no better than that, only if my Jay was there. Thanks guys for going there and making music and for getting the kanikapila to grow, to get new people involved each time. That's what its all about.

Auntie is using too much kleenex making them cut down too many trees.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

slackkey808
Akahai

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  12:14:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aunty Lanet, any chance of you uploading that video to youtube since I don't have a facebook? Just wondering, don't want to miss out on everything thats why :)
Go to Top of Page

sm80808
Lokahi

347 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  4:27:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slackkey808

Aunty Lanet, any chance of you uploading that video to youtube since I don't have a facebook? Just wondering, don't want to miss out on everything thats why :)

Me too... (zack and I must be the only guys under 40 who don't have facebook pages)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 32 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000