Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Kanikapila O'ahu
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 32

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  8:06:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
originally posted by sm80808
Me too... (zack and I must be the only guys under 40 who don't have facebook pages)

Me mo' worse,I get one Facebook account but ahdunno how fo' work 'um

Hoof Hearted?...Was it you Stu Pedaso?
Go to Top of Page

sm80808
Lokahi

347 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  9:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sirduke58

quote:
originally posted by sm80808
Me too... (zack and I must be the only guys under 40 who don't have facebook pages)

Me mo' worse,I get one Facebook account but ahdunno how fo' work 'um

lol... did you or Hookani make any vids ?
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2009 :  03:09:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did register on the facebook thing a while back when Lanet posted some vids, but I did not know what to do with all that stuff afterwards. If I wanted to ask da dawdah, I know she would be able to help me with it since she gets one page herself, but then how could I be Mama to her without she thinks I know every thing there is to know. At least that is what I tell my girls all the time. Somehow I stumble around and click on this or that and somehow I find the video.

You Tube is much more user friendly (maybe elemakule-friendly).

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2009 :  08:21:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning Taropatch Ohana!

NO WORRIES, I'll upload the video to You Tube this morning for everyone, then post the link here... AND, I've got a little surprise. I was sitting here this morning and thinking "I could have sworn I took a couple more videos for Auntie Wanda them, and what happened to all the pictures I took???". Then I remembered I had changed the SD card! I've got two more videos, and some nice pictures to share . Lemme get to work loading them and then I'll post a link for it all as fast as I can. I have to work soon, but I'll try to get it done before I go.

Much Aloha,
Lanet and the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2009 :  09:28:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's the videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifr1Vq3rkcc
(that's my baby!!! Sorry, couldn't help myself! )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjiyoZ6cxK8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVpkvgJUYvc

Photos:

http://smilebox.com/playEmail/4f5455784d7a63314f4877354e4451784e6a55310d0a&sb=1

Much Aloha,
Lanet
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2009 :  10:08:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the additional videos. Oh, how swell to see all you guys. Doug & Timi - you did good things before you got there, so I am sure you had a true blessing as you were playing your music for fun. Auntie Wanda knows who you wen play for and it is a good, good thing.

In my next phase of cardiac rehab, maybe I don't need all the rowing machines and recumbent cycles and such. Maybe I just need to hula to Derek's "Ka Uluwehi o ke Kai", that'll get the pu`uwai going konikoni double time. I'm all tired just from watching. He does that song SO GREAT!!!!!

I truly enjoyed the pictures as well.

Lanet - thanks for documenting the kanikapila in video and still pictures., It makes it almost like we were there experiencing it with you.

PS: How is Big Tim?

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2009 :  8:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Wanda,

I'm so glad you enjoyed the videos. Yes, Derek is FABULOUS with Ka Uluwehi O Ke Kai. He also does an awesome Papalina Lahilahi, we love him very much! I wish I had gotten more videos. The cute little lady sitting next to Derek was precious, but somehow I just didn't manage to get any video of her. Oh well, maybe next time.

Uncle Braddah is such a wonderful steel guitarist. He's very, very good you know! The sound he adds to these kanikapilas is so nice. He is also very loved!

I only regret that my video quality is poor, but at least it's something. Can't wait for you and Uncle Paul to come in August so you can really be here in person. It's going to be WONDERFUL!

Big Tim's back got infected (the incision), but the antibiotics seem to be working, and he's starting to walk a little every day. He only needed his walker to get around at the kanikapila this time, and that is a HUGE improvement! Thank you for asking about him.

Much Aloha, Lanet
Go to Top of Page

Doug Fitch
Akahai

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  12:04:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Doug Fitch's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey WAnda! So glad you've written in. Yes, Timi and I had a good/fun morning playing then wentto the Kanikapila. I had a wedding that evening too so it was barn burner day. I'm eager for you to come in August! So glad your ticker is ticking (I've had a slight bout of A-fib this week, but no biggy). Take care and see you soon. Aloha to Paul!
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  11:35:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha all you Kanikapila O`ahu musicians....Unko & I will be bopping all over O`ahu August 8 = 21, so I sure hope that a kanikapila may be able to be scheduled during that time frame. The 16th is not a good day, because we will be at the slack key festival in PERSON, this year. This is way mo bettah than watching it via streaming video glitches and all. Don't get me wrong, it was swell to be able to sww it any way we can, but in person is going to be so much more swell. That way the lips match what the hands and voice are doing. Anyhow, we will be renting a car some of the time, so you let us know when and where. And who knows, maybe some bolohead boys might mkae another Kaka`ako Taro Patch `ohana Beachfest Laffathon.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

PoiDog
Lokahi

245 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  08:19:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried searching the site. Any June date at Pizza Bob's? I'll be on O`ahu again later in the month spending time with my brother in Kaneohe. If the timing is right, maybe I can make it out to Haleiwa...Mahalo!

OK, you can post the date. I not going...

Aloha,
da Poi Dog

Edited by - PoiDog on 06/11/2009 08:01:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  09:35:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Taropatch Ohana!

This month we are so excited to support Zack, Duke, and Derek's kanikapila (please message sirduke for information). Much as we'd like to have two kanikapilas this month, we were unable to find a workable date and time for a Pizza Bob's Kanikapila due to scheduling conflicts.

I'm pleased to announce that next month we will be having a kanikapila at Ward Warehouse! This is great news as we've been trying to find a second location that is more accessible to people all over the island. Not sure if this will be an ongoing location for a kanikapila, but we'll see how it goes. In the mean time, please mark your calendars for July 5th and I'll get back to you with more details soon.

Much Aloha,
Go to Top of Page

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  6:14:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds great Lanet,you can count me in. I'm familiar with where you're talking about and it's an ideal location. Good hustling Tita!!1

Hoof Hearted?...Was it you Stu Pedaso?
Go to Top of Page

blackorchid
Aloha

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  10:50:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit blackorchid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OH my...I'm here!
Just wanted to stick my head in here and say how proud I am of all of you perpetuating the Hawaiian Culture.

And to Lanet...especially...how honored and thrilled I am of you being the person you are.

I for one, am a better woman for knowing you.

For me...I quote Paul Klink from "Live Aloha"...I'm a simple person living a simple life"

No need to make things harder, difficult, stressful, manini, nit-picking and depressing. Heck, I can make my own self depressed without the help of others...(smile).

Just love, embrace and understand one another as an individual.

From my young Kalihi girl days I say, "kshootsden"

For Lanet...I love you and I believe...everyone should have a Lanet in their lives...

Michi

quote:
Originally posted by abrigoohana

Aloha Taropatch Ohana!

This month we are so excited to support Zack, Duke, and Derek's kanikapila (please message sirduke for information). Much as we'd like to have two kanikapilas this month, we were unable to find a workable date and time for a Pizza Bob's Kanikapila due to scheduling conflicts.

I'm pleased to announce that next month we will be having a kanikapila at Ward Warehouse! This is great news as we've been trying to find a second location that is more accessible to people all over the island. Not sure if this will be an ongoing location for a kanikapila, but we'll see how it goes. In the mean time, please mark your calendars for July 5th and I'll get back to you with more details soon.

Much Aloha,

Go to Top of Page

Hookani
Lokahi

232 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  08:22:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
'Bout time you poked your head in here Michi. Good to see ya here. You coming on Sat?

Aloha,
Ho'okani (Derek)

Ke Kani Nahe
YouTube

Go to Top of Page

808robertr
Akahai

72 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  1:58:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit 808robertr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, assuming the stars are aligned I hope to be at the kanikapila this Saturday, i'm bring my stand up bass. Just need details...mahaloz
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 32 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000