Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Kanikapila O'ahu
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 32

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  3:58:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oooh, Unko Rob - I hope the stars align in August, too. Nothing beats the sound of a stand up bass. Funny ting, though, Joe Marshall sometimes no was standing up and sometimes that CUTE Ocean Kaowili play lidat.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 06/15/2009 3:59:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  8:35:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha!

Thanks so much Michi, you are one of my life's heroes, and your words moved me to tears. Can't wait for Saturday, sure hope you can make it.

Duke, I'm so happy you will attend in July! I've been working on that venue for some time, still not sure if we can make it permanent, but I've got another one I'm working on that would be awesome as well. Just letting all the pieces come together so I can share it all with everyone.

808robertr, please message sirduke58 on this forum for all the Kanikapila details. He, Derek, and Zack have done a great job of setting it all up. We're excited to come, kick back, and enjoy the music!

Much Aloha,
Lanet and the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

Hookani
Lokahi

232 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  9:15:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Robert, I sent you an email a few days ago thru the forum but not sure if you got it. Send me an email thru the forum and I'll send you the details.

Aloha,
Ho'okani

Ke Kani Nahe
YouTube

Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  10:09:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Taropatch Ohana!

GREAT NEWS!!!! We are confirmed for a kanikapila at Ward Warehouse on July 5th, 2009! The Abrigo Ohana will be doing a one hour performance beginning at 1 p.m., then the kanikpila will start at 2. PLEASE come down to this kanikapila, as I think the more that come, not only the merrier, but the better chance we have of getting this venue on a more regular basis. As always, please invite your friends and family, and don't forget the keikis!

See everyone on Saturday!

Mahalo,
the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2009 :  12:29:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know you guys probably haven't gone to bed yet. Heck you may be out playing still. I know Duke was expecting a crowd, but you know what Auntie is expecting. That's right! Video and pictures. (And a box of kleenex).

Geev um. Please.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Kawika96797
Akahai

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2009 :  06:51:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kawika96797's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

I know you guys probably haven't gone to bed yet. Heck you may be out playing still. I know Duke was expecting a crowd, but you know what Auntie is expecting. That's right! Video and pictures. (And a box of kleenex).

Geev um. Please.

=================
Hi Wanda,
Sorry I don't have any pictures or video. I decided to jam along instead of photograph this time cuz I only had about 45 minutes before I had to go work, but I can tell you that there was quite a remarkable crowd yesterday. Weather was beautiful. Duke or Lanet will probably fill in all the blanks later. Big mahalo to Derek and Duke for spearheading the kanikapila. You fellas sure work your okoles off.

"I have no recollection of that"

Edited by - Kawika96797 on 06/21/2009 06:52:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2009 :  08:00:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Taro Patch 'ohana,

I got some great video and photos from yesterday's kanikapila at Barber's Pointe. As Kawika mentioned, the turn out was great! BIG, BIG MAHALO to Duke, Derek, Zack and all of their 'ohana that put in so much work to make this kanikapila happen. What a wonderful day!

I'll try to start video uploads in a few minutes here, but I have to go to work today :( so I'm going to ask Auntie Wanda to please copy and paste the links as the videos finish uploading. If everyone would please go in and make notes in the comments on You Tube so that I get everyone's names correct, I'll update all that info after work.

With Much Aloha,
Lanet and the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2009 :  4:12:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, here are the links that I have found from Lanet's uploads to You Tube. Please any of you who were there -- let us know who is who, because there are plenty faces that I do not know. I did spock my Braddah Duke and that guy he plays music with sometimes, that Mr. Ozzie guy. And Derek and Timi and all kinds of folk. This looked to be a big bash. And did I see some mixing board kinda audio equipment thing?

Good job all you guys. I am really getting chicken skin, how large this is growing into. This is wonderful.

And you know Duke and all the helpers did indeed work their okoles off. This is really something. This is major important stuff, all because people love this music so much.

When you gets recuperate and rest up a bit, I hope you come and tell us some of the experiences.
Mahalo to you all for coming together and to Lanet for filming so I can enjoy my music vicariously through you folks.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Kawika96797
Akahai

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2009 :  5:54:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kawika96797's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guitarded

quote:

OK, here are the links that I have found from Lanet's uploads to You Tube.
Sorry Auntie, my makule eyes must be really bad today. I no could see your links so I had to go look for myself.

Awesome!

=======================
jus' go here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/abrigoohana

Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2009 :  6:49:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have to apologize, my family got to the kanikapila an hour late. See what happens when someone tells me "No need bring nottin Lanet, just come kick back an enjoy!" I was thinking I had plenty of time, so I was watering the garden, pulling weeds, leisurely packing beach towels, all of a sudden I looked at the clock and it was 11:30, and we were LATE.

Because of our tardiness, I missed some of the fellows that had to leave early for work. Sorry Kawika and Shawn! I was even more disappointed because we rarely get to see Shawn, and I don't think I'd had the pleasure of meeting and hearing Kawika play yet. What a bummer. Sorry everybody!

Aloha, Lanet
Go to Top of Page

Kawika96797
Akahai

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2009 :  6:56:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kawika96797's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guitarded

quote:
Originally posted by Kawika96797

=======================
jus' go here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/abrigoohana
So brah...which one is you?

=====================
I had just enough time to jam a few then go to work. Lanet showed up with the kids and her camera just as I was packing up. I was kind of bummed out cuz it was so much fun. Plus I neva even get time fo eat yet. az why hard eh?

Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  01:07:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooops, I sorry I forgot to paste the links into the message. I had just finished up with our father's day cookout for the `ohana and I was so tired, I almost fell asleep at the keyboard. E kala mai. Good thing I get Ed looking out for me, watching my back, yeah?

But the vids are great. This must have been an amazing kani. I was looking and looking for see Kawika and thought maybe he bring his daughter, but.

Well just wait til August. Maybe by then Unko Paul have one brand new 6 string Taylor geetah. Hmmmmm. Who knows, could be. Maybe Unko Paul get da wonderful wife who PERMITS him to indulge in GAS. So the search begins for the addition to Famiglia Certo.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Kawika96797
Akahai

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  04:57:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kawika96797's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

This must have been an amazing kani. I was looking and looking for see Kawika and thought maybe he bring his daughter, but.

==============
Christina and Josh were there too. We got there early and went swimming. It was a great way to spend a Father's Day weekend. We'll get together when you get here, ok?

Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  08:11:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know I removed two videos from the kanikapila at one of the players request. It's important to respect everyone's boundaries, so I hope you understand.

Much Aloha, Lanet
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  08:42:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Again TP 'ohana,

At future kanikapilas, I will be asking each person individually if they would give permission to post. I don't have the time to send a preview to everyone, but I will not to post anything "bad". To me, the videos are a way of archiving the tradition of the kanikapila, which we hope will never be lost. In my brief time shooting video and photographing events, I have (by happen stance) taken some undesirable photos and video, I have never, and would never, post them as my goal is to preserve and share, not to create shame and dishonor.

That said, anyone wishing to have a video removed from You Tube, please send me a message and I will do so immediately. Further, I would like to create a photo album of the event to share here on TP. I don't know everyone that was there, so I feel a little uncomfortable with creating it. Yeah, it's a bummer, but I really do not wish to make anyone feel uncomfortable. I'll try to squeeze in the time to send out individual emails to the people that I photographed and then I'll work on the album when I have time.

With Much Aloha,
Lanet
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 32 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000