Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Kanikapila O'ahu
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 32

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  09:09:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We'll be back in Feb as well.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2009 :  07:56:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, January we'll have the pleasure of having Kory and Jack from Washington, and in February we'll have Al, and Fran. That's terrific! Can't wait to see you all again.

Much Aloha,
Lanet and the Abrigo 'Ohana
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2009 :  08:25:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha!

Just wanted everyone to know that these Waimea Valley Kanikapila are just the beginning for what my family is doing to perpetuate traditional Hawaiian music here in Hawaii. I'm working on a new website:

http://abrigoohana.ning.com/

I'm dedicating this site to seeing the passing of the torch of traditional Hawaiian music through the generations. Please feel free to join (it's free and very fun), you can create your own page, add photos and videos (fast and easy using the You Tube upload).

As we work on more projects (kanikapila, workshops, concerts, etc.), I will post and them there. Uploading now are photos and videos of our journey so far.

Mahalo,
Lanet and the Abrigo 'Ohana

P.S. When I say my family, please understand that my family is getting BIG, and I hope it grows and grows and grows some more! Uncle Ronald, Uncle Led, Uncle George, Uncle Duke, Uncle Derek, Uncle Hanale, Auntie Michi, Auntie Cybil, Auntie Ah Lan, Auntie Gail, Auntie Lynn... thank you all so much for your love and support, we couldn't do it without you!

Edited by - abrigoohana on 12/26/2009 08:26:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2009 :  11:56:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The whole month of Feb I tink from Feb 1 to March 2. We be staying in Waikīkī in a condo. So I see you folks when we get there.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2009 :  10:36:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Al!

Wow, the whole month of February? That's terrific! See you then.

~Lanet
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  11:05:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eh, Lanet. kory & me here, stay Kailua. See you on Sunday!

keaka
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  11:06:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eh, Lanet. kory & me here, stay Kailua. See you on Sunday!

keaka
Go to Top of Page

Hookani
Lokahi

232 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  12:16:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Jack, See ya on Sat. too.

Ke Kani Nahe
YouTube

Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  12:39:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mahalo nui loa to all you folks for putting up wid' me and thumbs yesterday. We had a ball! I'll see y'all when I come back in April.

keaka
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  09:08:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To teh Abrigo Ohana, Duke, Jay, Shawn, Derek, Jonathan, Uncle Ron, Uncle Braddah, and EVERYONE ELSE, mahalo plenty! You guys keep the music going. Your generosity and aloha make the islands a special place. Us guys get ony good fun!
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  10:21:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha!

Sorry we haven't posted anything here in a while. I do have lots of videos from December, January, and February's Waimea Valley Kanikapila on our Youtube page. Feel free to go check it out: http://www.youtube.com/user/abrigoohana?feature=mhw4

Don't forget, the next Waimea Valley Kanikapila is on March 21st, from 1 to 4 p.m. Lots of room for musicians and guests, so come on down and join in the fun!

A Hui Hou,
the Abrigo 'Ohana
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  5:55:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha!

The Waimea Valley Kanikapila is on May 23rd from 1 to 4 p.m. Sound check starts at noon.

See You There!
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  09:17:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha,

It's our great pleasure to announce another O'ahu kanikapila! Please come out and join in the fun! Mr Ron Johnson is the coordinator for this event, his contact info is listed below. Mahalo Uncle Ron!

Aloha! E komo mai! Musicians & singers of Traditional Hawaiian music. In the spirit of sharing and perpetuation of our culture, please join us on the grounds of the historic Kualoa Ranch on the windward side for an afternoon of Kanikapila on Sunday, June 13, 2010 from 1:00PM to 5:00PM.

Please bring your guitar, ukulele, steel, bass, song book or any other implement or instrument needed to share your Traditional Hawaiian Mele or just play along with everyone else. Amplification and microphones will be available for the person(s) presenting a song and you may be asked to play back up if requested. The whole family is invited, bring your friends, parking is free and the Ranch Restaurant will be open. Better yet! Come early and enjoy the many activities offered by Kualoa Ranch!

Please park in designated parking area not on grass! That’s for the livestock!

Kualoa Ranch @ 49-560 Kamehameha Highway
For information about Kualoa Ranch, go to their web site or call (808) 237-8515
For information about the music, call: Alika (808) 375-6810 or Ron (808) 497-8129

Things to know

• Facilities generously provided by : Kualoa Ranch
• The event will be held at the Ranch House which is the building that is
the farthest to the left of the ranch restaurant.

• Parking will be on the paved parking area only

• Help us keep it clean

• Return all chairs and tables to the covered area when you leave

• The restaurant is open

GROUND RULES:

• HAVE FUN!

• Please play Hawaiian music/mele

• One song per person or group on each go-around

• Loud and persistent “Hana Hou’s” will be grounds for considering a second song

• The presenting singer(s) or instrumentalist(s) will be amplified and microphones provided so everyone can follow (but bring an instrument cable for your instrument for when it’s your turn!)

• All others should be unplugged, low volume and/or “aku palu” unless providing back up instruments or vocals
• Electric steel guitarist should bring a small amp or personal monitor (bring an extension cord)

• Bassist; a small bass amp is recommended (bring an extension cord)

Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  09:21:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha,

Join us this Sunday, May 23rd, 2010 for the Waimea Valley Kanikapila! All ages and skill levels are welcome to participate. There will also be seating for guests who would like come and enjoy listening to the music.

A Kanikapila is a traditional Hawaiian music jam session. The purpose of the event is to perpetuate the mele (music), and the tradition in which it was passed on from generation to generation. We will have amplification, so bring your instrument cable if you would like to plug in. Sound check will begin around noon, with the kanikapila starting at 1 p.m. and going until 4 p.m. This event is FREE, and open to the public.

See You There!

Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  3:13:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lanet -it was good seeing you & your ohana on Lei Day. Alas, I'm back in Seattle. Next time, maybe.

keaka
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 32 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000