Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Hula Lady
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  09:49:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me who wrote the song Hula Lady? "Oh Hula Lady, Oh Hula girl...."

Karl
Frozen North

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  09:55:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl,

Maybe Vinnie Bryan & Carlos Andrade.

Hula Lady

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2009 :  06:16:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Dusty, that's the one :}
My wife and daughter gave me 5 hours of recording time at a local studio and that is one of the credits I needed before I passed a few of them out. Sort of a rough set of songs. Actually, the songs are great, the playing is the rough part. But at least I have something to give to my kids.

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2009 :  06:59:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great! Keep us posted on the recordings.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2009 :  07:04:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I asked Carlos if there was one particular "Hula Lady" this song was about, and he said "No. I realized by the fourth grade that there is nothing in the world as beautiful as a hula dancer..." He also noted he played the song in such a way as to hammer down the taro patch 1st & 3rd string runs when he was just learning. I love to play this song, too. Have fun Karl, and get your music out!

Bwop
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000