Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Travel guitar
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2009 :  7:36:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
All of you - thank you for serving our country! Welcome home, Fingerpickin.

I played a CA OX recently, and it played/sounded great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OEZNzOAQFM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR9I-hMGLFA (Composite Acoustic guitar in Iraq - this video appears to be unavailable right now)

As people have already said, these are not cheap, but CA seems fit for the desert. The Epiphone Masterbilt sounds to be an excellent choice as well.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  09:18:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This one needs to go to Mythbusters. I want to see 'em cut it and play it while it's taped together. I'll donate an old Harmony or such for comparison purposes.
Unko Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  2:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that first vid, Andy. That's so funny... I'll be someone puts together a stage act around it soon. Bolo???

Here's a vid of Acoustic Guitar Mag's Teja Gerkin reviewing the little travel guitar, in case anyone wants to hear what it sounds like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbQQn5sWB8c

Again, I don't have a financial stake (or steak) in this, just own one.
Go to Top of Page

mpi_50
Lokahi

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2009 :  10:58:49 PM  Show Profile  Send mpi_50 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Amen to that. It is an honor to serve an appreciative country. I grieve for our Viet Nam vets (my brothers). It is bittersweet to think that I'm a better person to my country now than more than 30 years ago. What is the Planet Waves soundhole system? I might need one.
Go to Top of Page

mpi_50
Lokahi

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  2:56:14 PM  Show Profile  Send mpi_50 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Mahalo bradda, I'm going to be in the International Zone in Baghdad (Riverview condos). Well I've already settled for the Little Martin in Koa. Since I've received it I can seem to put it down. I used to become very impatient waiting for my computer to boot up. Now I have my Punahele next to the computer and I forget about the computer. This baby rings! We need the civilians for support. It's a team effort, the sooner we grasp that concept the better off we will be as a nation.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000