Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Maui in Feb.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark E
Lokahi

USA
186 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  7:58:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark E's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Folks!

I'm getting to go to Maui in Feb. (if my health holds out). I need suggestions for what musical and especially slack key-wise there is to do there.

Mahalo nui for any suggestions.

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  07:51:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not slack key, but definitely worth seeing -- Keali`i Reichel's annual "Kukahi" music & hula event at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center in Kahului (Sat Feb 13). The 2010 guest musicians are Bill Ka`iwa and Leokane Pryor. This is _always_ a sell-out:
http://www.mauiarts.org/Feb.html

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  08:30:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Be sure to catch the Hula Honeys at the Hana Hou in Haiku.

I think George's Slack Key Masters concert series will be running at the Napili Kai.

And check in with Kevin Brown to see if Ola Hou is playing anywhere.

Have fun!
Go to Top of Page

Slackhead
Aloha

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  1:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Slackhead's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Mark,

Just wanted to let you know that the Masters of Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Concert Series will be running in February. Check our web site at www.slackkey.com for all the information.

Paul

Slackhead
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  04:22:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hang in there, Mark! My very best to you. Enjoy Maui. I would think both George and Kevin would help you if you give them a call. In what town are you staying? Bwop, Peter Wing is living just north of Makawao now, so be sure to contact him and Melinda too.
aloha nui loa,
nancy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000