Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Kaula ili, Paniolo classics
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mpi_50
Lokahi

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  08:41:04 AM  Show Profile  Send mpi_50 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any tabs of any established artists or any intermediate level on up (Taro Patch G tuning) with their or personal interpretations of any Paniolo or Hawaiian classics that may dwell in the realm of Folk songs; that they may be willing to sell. I'm in the final stages of prepping for my Iraq deployment and would like to accomplish a few goals that I've set for myself: (1)Learn some classic slack key songs (Radio Hula is my alltime favorite, brings me back to Kam School). (2)Get back to my fighting weight (one-time natural welterweight), and (3) sing good enough so the coyotes stop howling and actually listen. THANK YOU MY TARO PATCH OHANA!

"IN THIS IMPERFECT WORLD I HAVE LEARNED TO GO WITH THE FLOW, THUS I'VE LEARNED TO ACCEPT THE FACT THAT MY IMPERFECTIONS ARE OKAY"

So don't sweat da pokaninis, its all pokanini!

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  09:37:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi -

Send me an e-mail off the forum and I'll pass along enough TAB to keep you busy for a while. Yes, free for nothing.

Don't have the lyrics... you can find those here:

http://www.huapala.org/

And don't worry about annoying the coyotes. They have a terrific sense of humor.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  9:04:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Gary,

Go Mark! And exactly what John said.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

mpi_50
Lokahi

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  6:36:24 PM  Show Profile  Send mpi_50 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Mahalo Ohana! These few treasures are all that I will need to introduce Iraq to the Aloha Spirit. I hope that I will be able to establish a better basic foundation before getting "IN Country" (Some things never change, just the location). Once again thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  07:30:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Malama Na Koa

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

mpi_50
Lokahi

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  4:17:22 PM  Show Profile  Send mpi_50 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Braddda mika ele; I was raised in da Kepanee side of Palolo (Carlos Long)had litto kine Hawaiians. I have Hawaiian blood, went to Kamehameha, but was too hard head to see the beauty that was in front of me, so can translate please?
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  07:39:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Malama = Take Care (of)
Na = Our
Koa = Warriors

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

hikabe
Lokahi

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  1:51:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit hikabe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gary...
Wish you didn't have to go. Stay safe. In Palolo, I lived on the other side of Dinosaur Mountain from you. Now I live on the other side of the Culdecutt Tunnel from you.
BTW... All paniolo and Hawaiian classics are folk songs. Hope you find what you're looking for. Aloha...

Stay Tuned...
Go to Top of Page

mpi_50
Lokahi

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  7:08:42 PM  Show Profile  Send mpi_50 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Mika ele, Wilco Roger. "malama na koa", sounds like a theme for a song. Thanks brother, me ka ipo aloha nui (lots of aloha from the heart?). Das why hard. Bradda Hikabe where you was Lai road? Da Kawelo family (and some blallas from Palolo housing and me was tight). Thanks for the aloha, but since I'm all hammajang might as well go so some keiki can stay! Remember when Dinosaur mountain caught fire? Beeg story! Did you go swimming at Da Crusha den steal tomatoes from the Chinese Old Man's Home? Buy crack seed and dry squid at Valley Meat Market (with juice money)? I went to Anuenue School (1962).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000