Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Taro Patch Hawaii Ohana
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

donkaulia
Lokahi

249 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2003 :  12:37:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit donkaulia's Homepage
Howzit Ohana,

I'm here in Kona on my computer checking out our T/P website. I just moved here from Maui due to a relocation by my 'day job'. Just wanted to give some headsup regarding my website not pau constructing...www.kaulia.com

And that, my last day at the Blue Marlins in Maalaea will be Friday, Aug. 8 ...Boy Kanae and Pani Malaiakini will be taking over the helm thereafter. My CD is being mastered and will be at the store shelves by August 7, 2003.

I wanna just say to the Maui T/P Ohana...it's been a pleasure knowing you all and seeing all of you 'in love' with KI HO ALU. Bradah Kevin Brown...aloha Bradah.

I asked Milton to remove me from the Oahu Slack Key Fest due to my job here in Kona, BUT I will be on the schedule for the Kona Style Slack Key Fest. So if you all ever come to Kona...just email me at don @ kaulia.com...keep on 'pressin'.......don

donkaulia

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2003 :  01:02:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Don,

Kona?!?! No more Blue Marlin, aw shucks! We all sure had a great time there with you, Boy Kanae and Pani Malaiakini.

Glad you're still dropping in at TaroPatch.net, though. BTW, I just added a review of Freehand in the review section.

Best wishes to you in Kona.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2003 :  08:43:02 AM  Show Profile
Aloha e Don!

Kona!! Wow! That's a surprise! You had a grrreat thing going at the Blue Marlin...Mahalo for all you did there.... It was so much fun for everyone! You will be missed there, I'm sure.

Best of luck in Kona, and keep us all posted as to where you will play, Kona or elsewhere.

We're eagerly awaiting your new CD!

me ke aloha pumehana,
Sarah
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2003 :  10:05:46 AM  Show Profile
Aloha e Don,

Sarah is right - *BIG* surprise! I don't know whether to be upset or happy. I guess I will be happy for you if the move is good for you. But, your move to Kona sure diminishes the Maui music scene. And it makes it more difficult for us Mainland Mauians to meet up with you. I sure hope you still post here regularly and I hope you continue with ki ho`alu in your new home.

Keep us posted, if you can.

E malama pono,

Reid
Go to Top of Page

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2003 :  12:17:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
Howsit Don, I would like to wish you good luck in your future endeavors, although I know that when you apply the same philosophy that made you such a outstanding guitarist/entertainer to whatever you choose to do, you will find success. Until we meet again, take care brother.

Go to Top of Page

donkaulia
Lokahi

249 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2003 :  10:42:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit donkaulia's Homepage
Hey...WOW...Andy, Reid, Sarah, MainKauKau, Craig....cheeses...thanks...thanks a lot...what a bunch of very nice people....dats what i call 'Ohana....It's Aloha Friday and I 'pau hana'.

Like I said earlier, I'm in Kona permanently. I just hooked up with KonaBob on the phone and we're gonna create a 'Big Island Taro Patch Ohana in 'Real life' and 'On line'....so T/P Ohana...get ready.

When I'm not playing music, I'm actually a 'civil engineer' by trade. I spent alot of years of actual on the job training as a cost engineer then project engineer for Hawaiian Dredging & Construction and now I'm a Superintendent here in Kona working for Grace Pacific Corporation. I gotta go with the 'flow' and Kona has turned into a 'mega construction boom!!!!' big time.

I got the call in April, then hired in July. Moving the entire family by September. My Hawaiian name for Don is Kona...so I look at it as a 'calling'. But too, my Kauli'a Ohana is from Ka'u, Big Island...so it's all 'G'....G for Good and G for TaroPatch.

If you all liked my FREEHAND CD, then you'll like my new CD, Kano'eau Wailau. If you were there at the Maui Slack Key Fest...we did 15 minutes of the CD album; 75% done in Kaulia Kihoalu style.

THANKS AGAIN T/P OHANA. I won't be at this year's Oahu Slack Key Fest...but I'm on the Kona and Kauai Fest. Checkout www.hawaiianslackkeyguitarfestivals.com

I will always be here....Aloha, Donald Kauli'a

donkaulia
Go to Top of Page

jmk
Lokahi

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2003 :  7:13:53 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Don,

Glad to have you in Kona. Be sure to let us know where you'll be performing & jamming.

Mahalo!

Nahenahe
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2003 :  7:52:24 PM  Show Profile
Aloha, "Bruddah" Don

I was talking to Wendy in Wall Mart.
She told me you left for Kona.

That's a big move, But sometimes we gotta
do what we gotta do!

The music will always be there, we'll miss you
physically, But your music will always be in our
hearts and mind.

Clay Mortenson just move to Kona too.
Wow! how come a lot of maui musicians
are moving there.

"Bruddah" Don, God Bless you and the family.
Mahalo for all the good times we had on Maui.
Kona is fortunate to have you.

We will meet again! a hui hou for now.

Ke Akua Pu
"Bruddah" Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

donkaulia
Lokahi

249 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2003 :  12:38:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit donkaulia's Homepage
Thanks Kevin.

I will always be here online and will be on Maui this Friday at the Blue Marlins and Saturday at the War Memorial Stadium Concert.

Maybe I come by Waihee Slack Key for an hour to play some sweet tunes.

Donald

donkaulia
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2003 :  2:58:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message
Donald,
I have had the pleasure of playing with Clyde Lono, Bruddah Matt, and Art Akina here in Kona. I understand Clyde is family for you. He is probably the best "Hawaiian Style" Uke player I have ever heard.
-Aloha,
Konabob
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2003 :  2:51:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message
Don, In case you have not heard, Keola Beamer will be at Borders in Kailua-Kona doing a free performance at 5 PM.
today (8/6). I will be there. Hope to meet you face to face!
Go to Top of Page

John
`Olu`olu

656 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2003 :  11:43:56 PM  Show Profile
Bruddah Don

We will miss you here on Maui, big time ! Now we have another good reason to visit Kona. Kitty, Uncle Sol and I will try and make it to the Blue Marlin friday night for your final performance.

Mahalo for the "aloha" you've given us ever since I met you at the Bailey House kanikapila days.

A hui hou, Kawika
Go to Top of Page

edkalama
Akahai

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  01:13:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit edkalama's Homepage
Aloha Bruddah Don,

I will try to make it this Friday at the Blue Marlin or hopefully see you this coming Saturday in Waihee. In case I will miss both (my schedule has been crazy lately), I wish you all the best and don't forget to let us know where we can reach you at your new place or what gigs you will doing out there.

ed

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  12:21:19 PM  Show Profile
Man, somebody should start an inexpensive, high speed hydrofoil shuttle between islands. The Pequot (of Foxwoods fame) have 3 (Andy and Lynette and Sarah and I saw them at the dock in New London) that shuttle between Long Island and New London. Another highspeed ferry just opened up between Rhode Island (near the CT border) and Martha's Vinyard. There has always been regular kind shuttle ferries between Port Jeff and Bridgeport and Point Judith and Block Island. The last 2 are drive on - drive off.

With the constant travel between islands and the airlines getting expensive and crazy and long terminal wait times (Hawai`i *was* kinda spoiled by having cheap, covenient air flights - but no more) you would think that there would be more than just the Maui-Molokai run.

OK, a Taro Patch Business Opportunity so we can cruise around and see Don and then bop over to Honolulu to catch a hotel lounge show and then back to Maui to hear Kevin and Ikaika and...! Any Vulture Capitalists here?

...Reid of Fantasy Island (Look Boss! Da Plane!)
Go to Top of Page

donkaulia
Lokahi

249 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  11:12:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit donkaulia's Homepage
Howzit Gang,

I picked Logo #1...awesome.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts...I'll always be here.

KonaBob and I will be hooking up with the rest of the Big Island Slackers beginning next Wednesday at Jus' Ukes up at Captain Cook area of the Big Island. Sorry KonaBob, I could not make it back in time to Borders to catch up with Keola Beamer...stuck in Kohala Mountain Road Repairs until 8pm. Very Busy Man.

After this week's performance on Maui & the slack key festivals I will be slowing down the performance gigs and concentrate on 3 albums for next year, one with Milton Lau, another with Audi Kimura and here in Kona with Grass Shack Records.

My cd Kanoeau got mastered and should be on the shelves anytime shortly...check with chance at www.puresoundCD.com

Until then, a hui hou....

donkaulia
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  11:56:23 AM  Show Profile
Aloha E "Very Busy Man" E!

Don, can't wait for your new CD!

Meanwhile, folks, check out these pages 'bout Don and his music:

http://www.maui.net/~puresnd/press.html (pictures include Uncle Sol, Chance, and Don too)
http://www.puresoundcd.com/donbio.html - (there's some sound clips that come on, and you can order "Freehand" via that site too.)

aloha,
Sarah
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000