Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Aloha Music Camp URLs
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2003 :  12:50:11 AM  Show Profile
Yikes!!! That confirms my suspicion. What to do, what to do? Let's hear from Mark before we decide to write Milton. I'll call George and Nancy. Aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page

duke
Lokahi

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2003 :  1:32:57 PM  Show Profile
It seems that if the camps do indeed overlap by a day, wouldn't missing one day from one or the other camp be offset by the savings you'd realize on the airfare? I don't have to travel far and I'm planning only for AMC '04, still, it seems like having these events that close together would be a boon for those of you who do live far away and want both camps. It's like you get cake AND ice cream. Lucky pups.
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2003 :  6:27:40 PM  Show Profile
Duke,

Cake and ice cream would be getting to go to all of both camps with one plane ticket, which I think was the original intent of the organizers. If the two camps overlap, folks will have to pick and choose which days they will spend at which camp, which I believe is Julie's dilemma. At least the AMC campers will have a chance to go to the Maui slack key festival following the Camp, which will be a new treat (although I admit that I still haven't managed to make it to O`ahu for the festival that followed the August Beamer camps). On the other hand, if all of the dates are set in stone and I can only make the Beamer camp, the Maui festival would be a great opportunity to see all those folks who decided to opt for George's workshop rather than going to Moloka`i. So there is a kind of cake and ice cream opportunity - the potential convergence of the `ohana following the separate workshops. As much as I enjoy all of the classes, the bottom line is that my favorite part of Music Camp is the people.

I am pleased to see that you are going to try to make the 2004 Aloha Music Camp. I had hoped when I saw the new dates that June would work better for you than August. We have really missed you!

Me ke aloha,

Debbie B
Go to Top of Page

duke
Lokahi

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2003 :  6:58:27 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Debbie! I will definitely be there in June '04. I've missed everyone too! :)

Duke
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2003 :  12:35:55 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Debbie, it's George's camp which goes to the Slack Key Festival, it's at the end of, and it's part of the camp. As in: WE ALL GET UP ON STAGE AND PLAY WITH GEORGE AND THE OTHER INSTRUCTORS! It may sound dumb but it's kind of cool to be able to say that you played in the Festival, eventhough you only knew five chords!
Anyway, I called Nancy tonight and left a message with her answering service. (Nancy Sweeney is George's Camp Administrator.) Hopefully, we'll find out more soon.

Aloha Duke, great to hear from you! If I remember correctly, this last June, George's "extended" camp started on Monday with beginning classes, and the rest of the folks showed up Thursday, and the Slack Key Festival was on Sunday, the 22nd. Without a calendar of next year in front of me, I can only assume that if the Festival will be held on the 27th, George's extended camp will start on Monday, June 21. AMC starts June 20. See the problem? Oops, we're getting very far away from the original topic of this thread.
Julie

Edited by - Julie H on 08/30/2003 12:48:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2003 :  03:49:40 AM  Show Profile
Aloha all, I talked to Nancy on Saturday, and neither she nor George was aware that the Slack Key Festival is to be on the 27th. They always schedule George's workshop for the third week of June. Nancy told me that they like to go to the Festival, and everybody kind of disperses after that. There is no crying and sad farewelling. Frankly, I also like that we all leave camp on a high note. So she has a call into Milton Lau, but does not expect to hear from him instantly. So we have more questions than answers. Julie
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2003 :  09:09:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Julie,

You're the best for stepping up and facilitating all this communication among camp and festival planners! You go!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

slackkeylady
Aloha

35 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2003 :  4:31:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit slackkeylady's Homepage
Aloha Gangee,
Glad to find some familiar folk here and an AMC touchstone.
Some scheduling conflict apparently.
I've checked out these links and AMC Molokai 2004 is going to be awesome. The locale looks sensational, and between classes, practicing and eating...there will be plenty to do.
I am a little partial, never having been to George's camp, only AMC, and I am also smitten......I would go to AMC if it was in Los Angeles under a freeway! (bring a gas mask)
I want to thank the Beamers and Mark and Annie for creating and sustaining this camp and I hope to have the priviledge to return.
Aloha Pumehana, Cindy

Aloha Nui Loa, Slack Key Lady
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  7:00:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
I would go to AMC if it was in Los Angeles under a freeway! (bring a gas mask)

Wow, Cindy, I think you've solved the overlap situation!

Mahalo for the nice words. Didja know that you've been elected to the Hemojangs "Pingtails and Antheriums" Hall Of Fame??

Speaking of camp urls, check out this swell photo of my favorite workshop: "Swimtime with Keola". I believe this was a master class. http://www.alohamusiccamp.com/contact.html

Oh, and we are now taking rez for '04 from the site. Lot's of details and pix.

http://www.alohamusiccamp.com.html

Cheers,

Yr Friendly Camp Admin Guy

[Typo in url fixed by Admin]
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  8:20:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Speaking of camp urls, check out this swell photo of my favorite workshop: "Swimtime with Keola". I believe this was a master class.
Hey, no proof of swimwear on Keola, Moana, John and others!!!

Insert your own joke here:

____________________________.

On second thought, don't. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2003 :  2:21:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Here's a link to a wonderful story about the Aloha Music Camp written by Ron Staton of the Associated Press and picked up by CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TRAVEL/DESTINATIONS/10/09/aloha.music.camp.ap/

Cheers,

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2003 :  01:39:27 AM  Show Profile
Say Admin Man....
Yes, we did have on swimwear. As a matter of fact, there were signs posted by the pool: "swimsuits required at all times." Those signs came down the very minute camp was over and those of us who lingered another day got an eyeful. Or two... Seems that Kalani became respectable for that week that we were there. Me ke aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000