Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Discussion on Current Hawaiian Affairs - New York
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2002 :  11:06:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Received this email from the Hawai`i Cultural Foundation this morning. -Admin

Aloha Kakou,

Our apologies for the last minute notice, but this opportunity presented itself within the last few days and we felt it important enough to organize and share with our members.

The Hawai'i Cultural Foundation cordially invites you to attend a free discussion on current issues facing Native Hawaiians with representatives of Ka Lahui Hawai'i, a sovereignty initiative formed in 1987, which proposes a nation-within-a-nation model of self-governance. Issues to be addressed will include the sovereignty movement, the Akaka bill and the first meeting of the United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues.

Discussion on Current Hawaiian Affairs - With members of Ka Lahui Hawai'i
Tuesday, May 21, 2002 at 7 p.m.

Caribbean Cultural Center
408 West 58 Street (between 9th and 10th Avenues)
New York, New York

Map

Special Guests Include:

* Keali'i'olu'olu Gora, Lieutenant Governor of Ka Lahui Hawai'i, and part-time Department of Education Hawaiian studies teacher.

* Lilikala Kame'eleihiwa, Director of the Center for Hawaiian Studies at the University of Hawai'i at Manoa. Trained as a historian, she is an expert in Hawaiian cultural traditions, and in the Hawaiian sovereignty movement.

* Mililani Trask, Attorney and Hawaiian Activist recently appointed as one of sixteen expert members of United Nation's Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues. She is former Governor of Ka Lahui Hawai'i.

Please RSVP as seating is limited
212-966-3378
hawaiiculturalfoundation @ hotmail.com

Lite pupu and refreshments will be provided.

Aloha, Allen Hanaike :)
On behalf of the Hawai'i Cultural Foundation
Board of Directors
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000