Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 MAHALO from Dennis and David Kamakahi
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

naukilo
Lokahi

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2003 :  9:18:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit naukilo's Homepage  Send naukilo an AOL message
Aloha Kakou,

Both David and I would like to thank all those who came to see us recently on the Hawaiian Music Next Generation Tour and especially to Patrick Landeza, Keoki Kahumoku Jr., and Herb Ohta Jr. It was a
wonderful experience of sharing the love of music together in comraderie.

It was a great experience for me, as an older generation performer, to see how well Patrick, Keoki, and Herb bonded like only musicians can when they enjoy the company of just being together, in fact, not so different as when I travel on the road with George Kahumoku and Cyril Pahinui. It's a brotherhood of music that last forever and I'm glad to see that the Next Generation shares the same love as we do.

Probably the most saddest moment was the last performance when we
knew it was the end of a wonderful concert tour. As we sat together for the last time and relived the highlights of each moment of the tour, I couldn't help but feel that we all wanted this tour to last the rest of lives, never to end.

On the road again:
Just can't wait to get on the road again.
The life I love is makin' music with my friends,
And I can't wait to get on the road again.

Well, like the lyrics of Willie Nelson's song, I hope that Patrick, David, Herb, Keoki, Brooke, and myself will live that dream again and bring the love of Hawaiian Music and Hula back on the Road Again next year. E KANIKAPILA HOU !!!

Aloha pumehana,
Rev. Dennis Kamakahi

Stacey
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2003 :  11:58:54 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Dennis & David! & Patrick & Keoki & Herb too!
Mahalo nui loa for sharing your Aloha with us here on da mainland!!! I had the most wonderful time at your Little Fox, Redwood City, CA gig! That you guys are all such good friends really shines through in your music and truly inspires me! Mahalo!
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  10:47:39 AM  Show Profile
Dennis,

It was an honor metting you and seeing two shows with you guys (Whittier and La Jolla). Thank you so much.

Dusty & Sheila Foster
Go to Top of Page

naukilo
Lokahi

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  1:52:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit naukilo's Homepage  Send naukilo an AOL message
Aloha Dusty, Sheila, and Stacey,

Mahalo for coming out to see us and I hope next year will be a great concert tour like this year's.

David and I had a great time playing music in CA not to mention the recording session at Walt Disney Studio after the tour was over.

For those interested, David and I will be featured artists on the soundtrack of the main theme song of the animated sequel to LILO and STICH to be released in 2006 - LILO and STICH II.

We are both working for the Disney Studios and hope it will lead to other jobs in film scoring. We also became card carrying members of SAG (Screen Actors Guild) too.

Aloha,
Rev. Dennis Kamakahi
Go to Top of Page

Puna
Lokahi

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  2:02:29 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e, Dennis!

I could not make it to any of your tour dates for the next generation tour...so I was very pelased to see that you will be coming back to Seattle in January. It's been a long time since you've visited this northwestern corner! I look forward to seeing you in concert again.

Congratulations on your soundtrack.

Aloha,

Eric

Puna
Go to Top of Page

naukilo
Lokahi

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  3:08:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit naukilo's Homepage  Send naukilo an AOL message
Aloha Eric,

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to be going back to the Pacific Northwest again. I was actually going to live in Alaska before returning to Hawaii to join the Sons of Hawaii in the early 70's. Always thought that's where I'd love to live since it being the last frontier. Seattle was also another choice. Looking forward to playing there again. It's been over 5 yrs.

Aloha,
Dennis
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  3:34:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Aloha e Dennis!

It was a great experience getting to see and hear you and David in La Jolla (my daughter and I attended the first show) and I hope the next tour brings you back down to the San Diego area. Mahalo for sharing the aloha!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  6:29:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha mai e Dennis ma,
Your Generations tour-- what can I say? "Hemolele, uka good, da best, break da ears, ono, maika'i no, 'olu'olu, no ka oi" would be a good start. I only got to see you all three times (I could see quitting work and just following the 'tour bus'), and each show was so refreshing, energetic and spontaneous (and I know yours and Davids' music for "Lilo" will also be 'animated'). You've filled me (and, I know, so many others) with such radiant aloha to keep us shinning through the winter-- through till the next time. Mahalo nunui! Bless you! Ho'omaika'i wau!

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

Puna
Lokahi

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  7:03:26 PM  Show Profile
And of course, with these posts Dennis (and slackkeylady, too!) are now in the running to win the Leonard Kwan slack key instruction book! ;-)

Puna
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  8:12:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by erksome

And of course, with these posts Dennis (and slackkeylady, too!) are now in the running to win the Leonard Kwan slack key instruction book! ;-)

Good one! I love it!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

naukilo
Lokahi

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  10:44:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit naukilo's Homepage  Send naukilo an AOL message

Haha....thanks I never thought of that.... But because I knew Leonard, I hereby withdraw from the contest to let others enjoy his instruction book. That would be the right thing. Besides, he inspired me to play slack key and having the privelege to play for his uncle when I was with the Sons of Hawaii, who was known as "Warbler" Pete Hau'oli and who played slack key with that tremolo sound which became Leonard's trademark in his early recordings, I'm just happy returning the aloha he had for me....So whoever wins, study hard....LOL
Go to Top of Page

naukilo
Lokahi

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  11:02:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit naukilo's Homepage  Send naukilo an AOL message
Aloha BWOP and CPATCH,

Nice to be back home in Hawaii except my biological clock is still stuck on Pacific Standard Time....Auwe....

Woke up this morning at 4am HST.......thought it was 7am....and it was in CA...haha

Will be busy here in Hawaii until Jan/Feb of 2004. And if anyone is in Kapalua Maui on October 28th, December 2nd, and December 30th, come say aloha at the Ritz Carleton. I will be in concert with George Kahumoku on the first two concerts mentioned above and will guest with his son Keoki and my son David on the 30th of Dec.

Should be lots of fun for sure.

Aloha,
Dennis

Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  11:54:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
To the Slack Key Legend and Composer of many Hawaiian Songs...(LOL)

You made the tour complete and we were so honored to be on the same stage as you...It was funny when we were backstage at Santa Cruz (and you were outside)..we were sharing our Dennis Kamakahi song stories, we all grew up listening to you and now you are doing Lilo and Stitch..another audience and generation!!

You da Man Uncle!!! see you next month!!

ps.
pictures of the tour will be up on my website tomorrow!!

Patrick
www.patricklandeza.com

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page

naukilo
Lokahi

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  8:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit naukilo's Homepage  Send naukilo an AOL message
Hey Patrick,

Wow....what a great time I had for sure. You da guy Patrick!!!!..............thanx for giving me the chance to write yet another new song. Finished it last nite and sang it for Auntie Robin....she cried.....It's in english and tells her how much I missed her while spending a sleepless night at the Ben Bow Inn in Garberville. I had the inspiration while working on the LILO and STICH translation. The song is titled IN MY ROOM.

Aloha,
Uncle Dennis

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000