Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 CA: Hawaiian Music's Next Generation
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2003 :  05:14:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
When Patrick Landeza told me about "Hawaiian Music's Next Generation" tour, I was really excited about it. Here are some dates with more to come. Hoping things will go well so that the tour will make it further east next time around.

There are Dennis Kamakahi dates in their too. -Admin

Dennis & David Kamakahi
August 20 - BORDER'S BOOKSTORE in Sacramento, CA

Dennis & David Kamakahi
August 21 - BORDER'S BOOKSTORE in SF next to Union Square.

"Hawaiian Music's Next Generation"
Keoki Kahumoku
Herb Ohta, Jr
Patrick Landeza
David Kamakahi
Featuring a special guest appearance by Reverend Dennis Kamakahi.
Friday August 22 @ 8PM at the Centre Concord, 5298 Clayton Road, Concord, CA
Tickets $35 or $300 for a table of ten. Concert is a benefit for the
Senior Center and includes the purchase price includes a great Polynesian meal.
Ticket/Info (925) 671-3320

Keoki Kahumoku
Herb Ohta, Jr
Patrick Landeza
David Kamakahi
SATURDAY, AUGUST 23, 2003 AT 8:00 P.M.
RUTH B. SHANNON CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS, WHITTIER
COLLEGE, 6760 PAINTER AVE., WHITTIER, CA 90601
Ticket/info line: (562) 907-4203
Ticket outlets: BOX OFFICE OR ON-LINE VIA WEBSITE
Website: WWW.SHANNONCENTER.ORG <http://WWW.SHANNONCENTER.ORG>
Ticket Price: $75, Fundrasier, workshops, Luau dinner, live auction
included. A small number of tickets will be available one week prior to the event, please call at that time.

Keoki Kahumoku
Herb Ohta, Jr
Patrick Landeza
Sunday August 24th @ 1:30PM to 3:30PM
Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf, Free Event
Info: (831) 420-5273 or visit www.santacruzwharf.com

Dennis and David Kamakahi
The Dance Palace, Pt Reyes, CA, 94956
Sunday August 24th @ 7:30PM
Ticket Price: $15 gen, $13 seniors, $5 teens/kids
Ticket info at www.dancepalace.com <http://www.dancepalace.com> or call
(415) 663-1075

Keoki Kahumoku
Herb Ohta, Jr
Patrick Landeza
David Kamakahi
Monday August 25th @ 8:30PM
19Broadway @ 19 Broadway, Fairfax, CA
Tickets $15
Tickets @ 19broadway niteclub directly or by phone
at 415-485-0375--or over the internet at ticketweb.com---
Info/ www.19Broadway.com

David Kamakahi
Keoki Kahumoku
Herb Ohta, Jr
Patrick Landeza
Featuring Special Guest Dennis Kamakahi
Tuesday August 26th, @ 8:00PM
Moes Alley, Santa Cruz, CA, 95062
Tickets $15
Ticket available at Moes Alley or by phone (831) 479-1854
Come Early for a great Hawaiian Meal
http://www.moesalley.com/

Keoki Kahumoku
Herb Ohta, Jr
Patrick Landeza
David Kamakahi
Wednesday, August 27th at 8:00PM
Freight & Salvage, 1111 Addison St. Berkeley, CA 94702
TICKET PRICE: $15, $16 at the door.
www.freightandsalvage.org
Ticket/Info: 510-548-1761
Tickets are avialable at the Frieght Box Office, Mon - Sat from 1PM to 4PM or at www.ticketweb.com

Keoki Kahumoku
Herb Ohta, Jr
Patrick Landeza
David Kamakahi
Thursday August 28th, @ 8:00PM
The Little Fox Theatre, 2209 Broadway, Redwood City, CA 94063
Tickets $15 Adv $16 NOS
Tickets Info: (650) 369-4119 or at www.foxdream.com

Keoki Kahumoku
Herb Ohta, Jr
Patrick Landeza
David Kamakahi
Friday August 29 two shows @ 7:00PM and 9:00PM
THE FIREHOUSE, 7877 HERSCHEL AVE., LA JOLLA, CA 92037
Ticket price: $15 adv, $16 DOS
Ticket/info line: (858)459-1640
Ticket outlets: THE FIREHOUSE and by phoning (858) 459-1640

August 30- North Pointe Bar and Grill Luau
Fresno, CA (559) 213-689

Dennis Kamakahi, David Kamakahi, Patrick Landeza
Date and Time of event: Sunday August 31, Concert is 12:00 noon to 5:00PM
Name of venue: Benbow Lake State Recreation Area, Garberville, CA
Ticket/info line: (707) - 923-2513
Ticket outlets: KMUD office; The Works, Eureka and Arcata; Wild Horse CD's and Tapes, Garberville; The Good food Store, Laytonville;
Ticket price: $35 to $45 (Benefit for Kmud includes a full Luau, 12PM to 6PM) luau

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  3:05:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Aug. 25 date added.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  12:50:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Aug. 31st performance details added.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2003 :  10:22:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Just added the Kamakahi's dates at Borders (See first two entries) and the August 30th. date.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Pulelehua
Akahai

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2003 :  4:49:08 PM  Show Profile
The NEXT Generation is on the mainland now and their tour opens in Concord, California tonight! They were interviewed on San Francisco bay area radio station KKUP-FM this morning and opened with Morning Dew before playing several songs and talking story. So what are they up to lately? Well, Keoki has returned to farming on the Big Island. Herb Ohta, Jr. continues to teach music and recently released ‘Ukulele Romance.’ David Kamakahi is still in college, is touring with his father and hopes to release his first solo CD before January 2004. Dennis Kamakahi tours and enjoys teaching at George Kahumoku’s Slack Key Guitar workshop and other Big Island Workshops. And of course, Patrick stays busy promoting great Hawaiian music!!! Looking forward to seeing them soon!

Pulelehua
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2003 :  06:54:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
It was so much fun tonight!! We are off to Whittier in a couple hours!! Hope to catch you guys at one of the shows!! EAST COAST is NEXT ANDY!!!

aloha,
Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2003 :  12:30:30 PM  Show Profile
Southern CA Slackers:

Patrick asked me to remind everyone about the Friday 8/29 San Diego gig on the Next Generation tour. He also added that Brook Lee, 1997 Miss Universe, will be dancing hula at the show. I think Dave Ish has also added a dancer from Hui O Hawaii. The performance is at the FireHouse in La Jolla (see the original post). Two shows (7 & 9). Cheap date, good show and Fri night in La Jolla - can't miss. Mahalo
Go to Top of Page

enr1co
Aloha

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2003 :  3:57:04 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Patrick,

Looking forward to seeing all of you tonight at Freight and Salvage!

enrico
Go to Top of Page

Curtis Takahashi
Akahai

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2003 :  5:20:10 PM  Show Profile
Aloha all,

I was at the concert on the 26th in Santa Cruz. Great venue, good sound also! The performances were absolutely stellar! If you can get there, drive, run, walk or crawl on your hands and knees....it's worth it! Keoki and Herb make a great team. Dennis and David...well no need to say more. Patrick as usual does his heartfelt best and it shows. The super mario bros. tune is good too (if you're confused, you should go and see the show). Instrucional dvd's are available too from Patrick and Keoki!

Mahalo,

Curtis Takahashi
Go to Top of Page

Stacey
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2003 :  2:40:05 PM  Show Profile
Aloha!
I caught the Redwood City Little Fox gig on 8-28 and it was Fantastic! Also it was great to run into sooo many taropatch.netters there! Patrick even dedicated a song to all of us who post here on taropatch.net! Mahalo Patrick!
When Dennis & David Kamakahi told the story about Ka Ipo Lei Manu, it brought tears to my eyes. & before I knew it I was laughing again! Ha Ha ~ Super Mario Bros!!! Ha Ha Ha! Definately a night to remember...
Don't miss this show, Folks!
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2003 :  3:24:52 PM  Show Profile
Last night in Ja Jolla, Patrick did one of the nicest renditions of I Kona I've ever heard (with a damaged finger yet).

Mahalo Patrick.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2003 :  3:30:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I saw the La Jolla gig last night (first show of two) and it was definitely a night to remember! I didn't hear the Ka Ipo Lei Manu story but Keoki shared a story about an electrifying performance on top of a waterfall that you have to ask him about next time you see him! Also, Brook Lee (1997's Miss Universe) danced the hula to two songs so between the beautiful music, the dazzling wahines, and the laughter it was pure magic. If my daughter hadn't been so tired I would have stayed for the second show, which was the last of the tour.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

sirqitous
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2003 :  2:09:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit sirqitous's Homepage  Send sirqitous an AOL message
Hi Stacey et al,
I was also at the 8/28 Little Fox concert, it was indeed something to remember. I too was moved by Dennis' rendition and storytelling of Ipo Lei Manu....as wonderful as the other artists on the show are, that man is truly a giant of music. I was blown away by how fine and assured a singer/performer Patrick Landeza has become, and it's because of his plug of taropatch.net, that I found out about it, and registered the next morning!
I wonder can anyone tell me, why doesn't Ohta Jr sing? All the others on the program sing beautifully. I was always taught 'how can you call yourself a Hawaiian musician and not sing?' and I sort of took it to heart...
Aloha,
Eric

http://myspace.com/sirqitous
http://youtube.com/sirqitous
Go to Top of Page

Stacey
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2003 :  2:39:12 PM  Show Profile
Aloha!
Here's the lyrics & story of Ka Ipo Lei Manu:
http://www.huapala.org/Ka_Ipo_Lei_Manu.html
Maybe just reading it is not so moving, but to hear Rev. Dennis Kamakahi tell it from the viewpoint of the Hawaiian People as a chant, Wow! I was wipin' tears...

Eric sez:
quote:
I wonder can anyone tell me, why doesn't Ohta Jr sing? All the others on the program sing beautifully. I was always taught 'how can you call yourself a Hawaiian musician and not sing?'

Ozzie no sing and he still AWESOME!!!!! Heh heh! Eric, I hope to run into ya sometime at a local gig. I was the one in the back with the cast on her arm.
Admin, we sure could use those taropatch.net buttons to help identify one another.
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2003 :  3:47:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Herb sings (and nicely, too)...check out Look Into My Heart (last track) on his Ukulele Romance CD.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

sirqitous
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2003 :  6:21:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit sirqitous's Homepage  Send sirqitous an AOL message
Mahalo Stacey and Craig for your replies!
Stacey, hope we can meet up sometime soon at kanikapila too...sorry to hear about the nasty injury, get well soon eh?
Craig, thanks for the tip, I'll look for Herb's CD... Didn't mean to suggest he ain't a great musician. It was neat to hear his tasty smooth style contrast with the brighter busier style of Kawika's, whom I'm more familiar with.
Aloha,
Eric

http://myspace.com/sirqitous
http://youtube.com/sirqitous
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000