Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 MidWest UkeFest in Indianapolis, IN
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bruce E
Aloha

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2003 :  08:36:35 AM  Show Profile
The first MidWest UkeFest will take place in Indianapolis, IN on the weekend of Oct 31 to Nov 2.

Go to
http://www.keystrummers.org/ukefest.html
for more info.

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  9:25:04 PM  Show Profile
I realize I have waited until the last minute to ask, but is anyone going to this? I have my taropatch.net button proudly pinned to my `uke case, and I wonder if I will see any others while I am there...

Debbie B
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  9:36:34 PM  Show Profile
I know one person who is NOT going, darn, darn, darn.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

jlsulle
Lokahi

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2003 :  3:53:10 PM  Show Profile  Send jlsulle a Yahoo! Message
Too far to commute Debbie and getting too cold for bike travel but try to enjoy without us. Aloha, Jerry and Diana
Go to Top of Page

Pulelehua
Akahai

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  1:46:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Debbie,

I thought of you immediately when I saw the topic heading! Hope you have a wonderful time. So, when did you start playing 'uke?

Aloha,

Pulelehua (from Hale o ka La 2001)

Pulelehua
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2003 :  6:17:50 PM  Show Profile
E Cynthia!

Julie convinced me to try `ukulele at Camp this year. I was really uncertain about it, but she was SO supportive and arranged for me to borrow a tenor `uke from Dennis and I ended up having so much fun! (Thanks, Julie!!!!) Geoff Davis is the organizer of the UkeFest, and he is going to try to find someone locally to help me learn so that I can move beyond my one-song repertoire

Pauline, you should mark your calendar for next October and do whatever you can to make it out for UkeFest 2. We had a blast! The concert last night was just amazing - the room was full of the most incredible positive energy. We were officially branded as "the best audience ever" and everyone performing just fed off of that. Besides, you have to come out to help make for a stronger Hawaiian music presence. I had always assumed that the natural instrument to accompany `uke was the guitar, but I discover that folks hereabouts consider it to be the kazoo

Anyway, much fun was had by all, and I really hope to see more taropatch.netters here next year.

Me ke aloha,

Debbie B
Go to Top of Page

Pulelehua
Akahai

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2003 :  1:32:20 PM  Show Profile
Debbie,

Hey, that's great news! Isn't Julie terrific? So what's your first song? I'm hoping we can play together one day. The first song I learned on 'ukulele was Hi'ilawe.

Pulelehua
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2003 :  9:00:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hi debbie,

what a lineup! it must have been a great time! uke jackson is an occasional poster here - did you meet him?

aloha,
keith

Keith
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  8:48:40 PM  Show Profile
Hey, guys!

Sorry for the delay in my reply - I was off gallivanting back in Hawai`i as my anniversary present from my husband (woo-hoo!). Anyway- Cynthia, Pat Cockett taught us Aunty Irmgard's "E Maliu Mai" (well, he taught us some other songs, too, but I was so focused on getting this one down for the student concert that I didn't pay much attention to the others...) And Keith, Uke Jackson was there and performed at the concerts, but I didn't actually get to meet him. Again, I was so focused on my beginner classes that I really didn't spend much time with anybody outside of them - we were too busy comparing notes and trying to teach each other the stuff we hadn't quite gotten. I guess from considering this post that I need to lighten up a little on my bulldog approach to learning `uke, but I tend to get frustrated if I don't have a firm grasp on the material that I have learned because it evaporates from my mind so quickly if I don't fiercely commit it to brain memory, muscle memory and paper!

Me ke aloha,

Deb
Go to Top of Page

Pulelehua
Akahai

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  2:14:09 PM  Show Profile
Deb,

I understand the intensity! However, speaking from personal experience , remember to rest periodically if you play for a long time in one sitting so you don't get tendonitis. Don't know your song so I'll have to look into it for our TBA jam session. Can't wait to hear you play!

Pulelehua
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000