Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Looking for people to play and learn with
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2003 :  12:45:58 AM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
Aloha BWOPasaurus,
I'm thinkin' I'll be headin' for La Honda too, sounds like fun. You got that living room expansion done yet? hah!
Please send details when they come to you.

Mele Kalikimaka too,
Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2003 :  01:40:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha all,
E kala mai, haven't checked on-line for a bit.... If there's one thing I learned from doiing a luau with George here, it's to go with the flow. Yes, any and all welcome!
I figgah we can start around 3 in the afternoon (Saturday, Jan. 17th-- and, JULIE, that's not the FIJI concert--) and play till da fingahs ache. If we all bring some grinds, music and stories, we could go on fo' days (actually, I have to go to papa 'olelo on Sunday).
Please e-mail, those of you who can't find La Honda on a map (I once had a AAA operator tell me that I couldn't be calling from my HOUSE, I must be camping...), and I'll get specific directions ready to return.
I love big fun.

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

waveriderjon
Aloha

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  8:01:19 PM  Show Profile
Bwop,
Not sure if your e-mail's workin' but I need directions. E-mail 'em to me at waverider51aol.com.
Thanks,
Jon
Go to Top of Page

waveriderjon
Aloha

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  11:51:04 AM  Show Profile
Sorry, wrong e-mail address it's waveriderjon51 @ aol.com
thanks
Jon
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2004 :  03:03:35 AM  Show Profile
Aaallloooohhhaaaa BWOP!
Mahalo nui, really fun kani kapila. Bet it took you hours to clean up!
We had so much fun, and it was just so nice to play music together and eat all that wonderful food all eveing long. Great fun! Thanks again for the special time we had with our old friends and new buddies. Now I just need to figure out how to post pictures, and I can knock all of you over with my sneaky shots!
Hugs, Julie
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2004 :  7:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha e Julie,
No, THANK YOU! And all of you wonderful folk who made such a nice kanikapila. It was so nice to play together and enjoy so much great music, but, oh, man, the ALOHA is what gets imbedded in the mortar of the chimney. You all made one big puka of sunshine in a dark winter for me. THANK YOU!
And, Julie, if you figgah how to post picts, let me know-- Melinda has some good ones, too.

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2004 :  12:40:33 AM  Show Profile
You know yooze guyz....

...that the last two posts have nothing much to do with the topic of this thread.

I suggest re-posting under the kanikapila category with a new thread titled "Kani at Bwop's" or some such.

Few people will dig deep enough in this thread to find these posts, unless they hit the "active posts" button.

Besides, the kani at Bwops was so fine that it deserves it's own thread ! !

I will start it now.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

OHIO-HAOLE
Akahai

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  3:44:48 PM  Show Profile
I know this may be a longshot..but sticking to the topic...anyone on the mainland..around the ohio area playing any slack key?..curious..Ken.
Go to Top of Page

OHIO-HAOLE
Akahai

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  04:30:30 AM  Show Profile
WELL>>>I take this as a NO...it's been a few weeks now and no reply...wish the member area had alphabetical listing by states!...aloha all...Ken.
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  05:26:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Ken, there are four other members in OH somewhere! Try creating a new topic called "Ohio players wanted" or something like that...it's more likely to get the attention you want. (Or maybe Andy can email you the member names of the other Ohio players [pun intended].)

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  12:43:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by OHIO-HAOLE

...wish the member area had alphabetical listing by states!...aloha all...Ken.

I'll be working on adding this feature. Will also post the Ohio members for you here next week (when I'm back home).

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  3:09:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Aloha all,
If anyone knows anybody in Alaska playing slack key other thtan me, pleSe let me know. I think I have a buddy brow-beaten into letting me show him some stuff, and he may be fun to play with in the future, but I sure would like to find someone I can learn more from.
I've had a couple lessons while in Hawai'i but it has all been solo by ear with a video and some tab thrown in over the past 6 years. I read the back and forth banter among so many of you and can only wish for something similar up here. I guess it will be up to me to get something started, eh?
Any ideas how to start a group of folks who don;t even kn ow what it is they would be learning? I know lots of players, tight key types, but I am too chicken to perform anywhere and there is little or no slack key on the radio. We did have Cyril, Dennis and Cindy here a couple months ago, so maybe that could be my rallying point; come learn with me how to do that cool stuff.
I'll keep you powsted, but if you know anyone here, or just passing through the Fairbanks area, please let me know.
Karl

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  4:48:09 PM  Show Profile
I would try to use that concert as a rallying point.
You guys might consider using something like Keoki Kahumoku's DVD as a "study" session, or perhaps Patrick Landeza's.

I friend of mine told me that he and a couple of friends have been doing some long distance learning by using Kinko's for video conferencing. They show up at one, their teacher at the other. Kinko's handles the connections. He said there are 5 students who each poney up $75. for a 75 minute session. Since they tried it at Kinko and it worked, their next plan is to buy a set up, send one camera to the teacher - get more actual instruction time by not having to pay Kinko each month.

So. Cal. guys might have more ideas.
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  9:59:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Raymond,
What a great idea with Kinko's! I will see what the possibility is at our local store. I know a good kumu on Oahu who might be able to get on the other end. Or, perhaps you would be willing to entertain such an enterprise? I gather from reading some of your many posts (I am new to this, just started reading about 3 weeks ago) that you enjoy teaching.
I don't have either of the CDs you mentioned but I do have Keola Beamer's video and the Brozman/Kaapana video that we might try to learn from as a group.
Anyone else have any more ideas???
I am getting excited about this.
Mahalo
Karl

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2004 :  12:42:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

quote:
Originally posted by OHIO-HAOLE

...wish the member area had alphabetical listing by states!...aloha all...Ken.

I'll be working on adding this feature. Will also post the Ohio members for you here next week (when I'm back home).

I'm working on this now. A states field has been added to the members page. I need to perhaps limit the state entries to abbreviations so that they're more uniform. I'll keep you posted.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000