Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 John Keawe California Concerts in July
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2004 :  6:45:56 PM  Show Profile
If we had you and Rich we could go on a Bread Run. We'll be thinking of you.

Kawika
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2004 :  11:45:05 PM  Show Profile
Auwe!

I may miss this one due to a largish art show that weekend, mebbe can catch up elsewhere than Berkeeley.,

Keith! Coming up? Where ya gonna be? Any chance to say aloha? You can email me elsewhere.

Big Dog - sooooooo, how does that mango 'uke sound? <BEG> Da kine, eh? Were you in the 'uke building workshop, too? It's all smiles, isn't it?

cathe
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2004 :  11:25:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
aloha kakahiaka,

just a quick report on john and hope's show last night at the freight and salvage. it was (no surprise here) a great show!! john played two long sets, hope danced about five times (including a new dance, "ka manu aloha" i think - as beautifully choreographed as her others), and granddaughter naomi joined in on one. i helped donley man the CD table at the break, and it was fun to meet people who had come in not knowing of john's music looking for CDs of the songs he had done in the first set.

it was also a small aloha music camp reunion, with dave, chris, donley, beverly, lydia, and (i heard rumor of but didn't see) maggie, and others i'm sure i'm forgetting.

if you have a chance, catch one of his other shows, either tonight near sacramento or tuesday near santa cruz.

keith
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2004 :  11:46:06 AM  Show Profile
Aloha,

Tuesday night at Henfling's was no exception to the wonderful performances that John and Hope give. About 1/2 the audience, who were unfamiliar to slack key, are now in the fold. John always finishes the show with Hawai`i Aloha. Those who were unsure about holding hands and singing were fast friends three minutes later.

Mahalo,

Dave
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000