Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Kevin Brown is da bes!!!!!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2004 :  01:41:00 AM  Show Profile

And to keep the testimonial going, may I add my maahalo nui to Kevin for his loving attention at the Maui Slack Key Festival - it was such fun getting to talk with Kevin after our email friendship, when we did get a chance to talk, with everyone coming up to say aloha <G> Kevin knows everyone everywhere!
One of my most treasured memories of Maui is the chance to sing duets with Kevin at the Blue Marlin the last night I was on island. Such an honor, such a blessing. I'll never forget.
My heart is full.

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Maureen
Aloha

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2004 :  6:40:28 PM  Show Profile
Boy, I don't even know ya, Kevin, but you must be one NICE GUY!!! I was crying when I saw everybody going to Aloha Camp, because I wanted to go so bad! But it's okay. I got a friend in Hawai'i called Isaac, and he makes fun of me when I'm crying and says "Eh, you gonna get all dehydrated, you big baby!" We gonna go to Maui next May for 2005 World Hula Conference, and we get a really good deal on cost as a group for the Halau. I really hope some of the good Slack-Key pickers will come over. It's the last week of May 2005, something like Sunday May 23rd to Sunday May 30th, with opening ceremony on that first Sunday, the 23rd, then "rest of the day off." I don't know how much time we gonna get to go see stuff, as they tell us it's like having classes all week, and you sign up for the ones you want to go to. Isaac gave me a LONG list of stuff to go see on Maui, as that's his home.

Anyway, so Kumu, right at the moment, is over in California, and she is trying to get us some "fund raisers" to help us save some money to go. We got a LOT of haumana, plus families. Maybe 140 active. I would break my piggybank to go to Aloha Beamer Camp, though :) My "inner child" comes out when I think everybody's having such a good time without me! Mahalo to anybody who had to listen to me whine. It didn't last long. I pretty much smack myself back into being a happy human being.

Me ke aloha mau loa,
Maulena i ka hot and sweaty desert (It's 108 at the moment!!!!!!)

Edited by - Maureen on 07/06/2004 6:42:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

garson
Lokahi

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2004 :  9:54:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit garson's Homepage
Aloha Duke and Dusty, I too was impressed with Kevin when he taught last year with George. Connie and I went to Molokai the week after George's camp and one day we stared at what used to be AMC. I'd settle for time travel.

Jim Garson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000