Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 San Francisco 9/25 Islandboo kanikapila!!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  11:39:08 AM  Show Profile
On September 25th, 2004, Auntie Cathe Howe will graciously be hosting the Indiana Ki Ho`alu Deprivation Benefit Kanikapila in an effort to raise awareness of the plight of slack key starved Midwesterners as well as providing emergency musical relief for Islandboo. Any donation, even the shortest pa`ani, will be deeply appreciated.

Many of these poor Midwesterners have to travel hundreds of miles through snow and ice, or blistering heat, to hear Hawaiian music of any kind. Relief efforts by Dancing Cat have been helpful in keeping hope alive for these needy individuals, but we feel that more can be done. By bringing Islandboo out to the West Coast, an area known for a high-density of ki ho`alu (and `ukulele) practitioners, we hope to provide her with an adequate dosage of sweet Island music to sustain her until her next Aloha Music Camp experience.

In addition, the benefit of exposure to her beloved taropatch.net `ohana will be instrumental in allowing her to maintain some semblance of aloha spirit in the coming winter months.

Won’t you please help Islandboo share in this warm musical experience? Plan on attending this special day of music, food and companionship, and bring a ray of sunshine into the world of a fellow slack key devotee.

Edited by - islandboo on 08/25/2004 09:00:27 AM

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  12:28:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
wahoo!! sounds like an excuse to come up to the bay area!!

aloha no,
keith

Keith
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2004 :  03:09:23 AM  Show Profile
Aloha kakou:

Yep, this is it, e como mai all you taropatch players, bring your friends, your instruments,a chair, music stand and music to share, and in some cases (Keith?) (Doug?)your sleeping bags.
Kanikapila at Cathe's Hale on Saturday, September 25; we'll start in the early afternoon and go until whenevah.
Rumor has it that not only is this a rescue for Debbie from Indiana, but it's the anniversary week for Cynthia and Lawrence. Anyone else have a special celebration that we can add? Please join in....
Details will follow closer to the date, you can email me directly about directions and such. I'd appreciate knowing who's coming so we can plan food and drink...

cathe
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2004 :  11:18:22 AM  Show Profile
oops, I'll try to re-post

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2004 :  11:22:04 AM  Show Profile
Okeydokey, I got it now, the little garbage can symbol....the prompt to re-enter yer password, helps if you read it I guess.

Andy, any way you can re-post my reply to this thread I just deleted?

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2004 :  11:22:23 AM  Show Profile
Cmdrpiffle, you cruel, cruel man! I can't even have the Longboards sent here from out of state because of some archaic liquor trafficking laws that prevent transportation of alcoholic beverages across state lines (yes, I tried...). It has been but once a year, at Aloha Music Camp, that I can sip the sweet, sweet nectar of Kona.

So go ahead, all you Kaleponi folks - revel in the luxury of Hawaiian Music fellowship AND the ready availability of Kona Brewing Co products. I'll just sit here in the land of meat-on-a-stick (it's state fair time) and dream....

Deb

(Okay, this post would make a lot more sense if SOMEONE hadn't just deleted the post to which I was trying to reply...

Edited by - islandboo on 07/24/2004 11:24:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2004 :  8:33:41 PM  Show Profile
Just to be a little cruel myself...

...Are you sure that is meat on that stick ??

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2004 :  03:24:38 AM  Show Profile
Ummmm, Debbie darling?????
Meat-on-a-stick? Not talking shish kabob, are we?
Could we have a few quiet words about the menu?......Step over here and let's just sit quietly for a moment....

cathe
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2004 :  2:57:36 PM  Show Profile
Lawrence

No, actually, I am not at all sure, which is why I tend to pass right by those booths. The latest food-on-a-stick item that is all the rage at the fairs is the Twinkie-on-a-stick: they put a skewer up the middle of the long end of a Twinkie and batter and deep-fry it - you know, because the Twinkie isn't unhealthy enough on its own... Dang, I miss my manapua! (the lemon shake-ups are okay, though...)

Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2004 :  8:05:14 PM  Show Profile
Aloha kakou,

We've just returned from the weeklong California Coast Music Camp in the giant redwoods of Sonoma County, where we attempted a sidetrip into the land of blues, swing, etc. A totally different experience from the humid, tropical paradise of Maui. I finally did learn to play my mandolin that I've had for several years. AND, I've tried to enter the world of stand-up bass, except I can hardly reach the thing.

Debbie, I would have to be deathly ill to miss seeing you in Kaleponi. So count me in. Oh, and Larry will probably tag along with me, he's such a groupie... Cathe, any chance we can park our little RV outside your door?

Music, music, more music, makes the rest of the world bearable,
Julie
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2004 :  12:32:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by cmdrpiffle

Andy, any way you can re-post my reply to this thread I just deleted?
Sorry, once the post has been nuked, it's gone for good.

Wish I could be there for the festivities. Maybe see some of you in late August? Aloha Debbie!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2004 :  03:51:48 AM  Show Profile
Hey Julie, e como mai, bring da suckah on! More room, more instruments. <BEG>

cathe
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2004 :  02:52:56 AM  Show Profile

May I extend the kanikapila invitation not just to the taropatchers here online, but also to all of you that were at the BAHMI classes this weekend, e komo mai and let's continue all we learned. anybody who needs dierections, please email me and please put kani in the subject line, so I don't think you're spam. (that's part of the buffet, eh?)
Mahalo, see you all September 25.

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  03:08:49 AM  Show Profile
Phew, Cathe....

That was a close call. I had volunteered to entertain at a function for our district's Supervisor's campaign, long before I realized it was to take place on the 25th.! But at a meeting tonight, I was able to persuade the rest of the committee to move that function to the 26th. So we can come to your kanikapila, we just can't dawdle too long the next morning. What can we bring to enhance the festivities?

Hugs, Julie
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  12:50:15 PM  Show Profile
Julie -

Thanks for being persuasive! I would really have been sad if you and Larry weren't able to make it. I am working on an album of pictures from the Maui Slack Key festival in the hopes that I will be able to bring it out and show you, but you know how hopeless I am with the whole digital thing. I finally managed to get them into my computer, but the printer and I are having a tiff over getting them back out again...

A hui hou!!

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2004 :  11:36:52 AM  Show Profile
Okay, one last bump for this topic to be sure that anybody who might be able to come out and play with us can make plans to do so. I am really looking forward to seeing people and especially meeting new folks (so much fun to put faces to the names here!)

A hui hou!!!

Debbie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000