Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 SoundClick updates
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2004 :  02:54:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I have started updating the SoundClick page, although most of the updates will probably happen next week. (The number of songs on our SoundClick page will eventually jump to 46!) Currently my track off the 2004 CD has been added, Dusty Foster's performance of "Hula Medley" has been updated with a new recording, and Bill Benzel's "I Nehinei" has been updated with a better mix of the original recording.

Stay tuned for more...

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 09/23/2004 6:31:57 PM

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2004 :  02:56:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Since there is already a topic devoted to comments on the 2004 CD, please post any comments about the new SoundClick stuff there:

http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1984

Craig
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2004 :  12:53:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Two more tracks added (both vocals):

Andy Wang: Papalina Lahilahi
Jesse Tinsley: Ahe Lau Makani

Craig

Edited by - cpatch on 09/16/2004 03:25:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  12:01:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
One more track added:

Brennan Plassmeyer: Kani Ki Ho`alu

This is a 12-year-old (my stepson) who has only been playing guitar for a year-and-a-half!

Craig
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  03:25:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Another track:

Mark Eisenstadt: Tiare Tahiti

Craig

Edited by - cpatch on 10/12/2004 1:33:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2004 :  5:04:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Four more:

Eric Strout: Pilipuka (Live)
Gary Anwyl: Hamabe No Uta
Lee Thovson: Birdie's Slack Shake Key
Fran Guidry: Kui Lima (Hand in Hand)

Craig

Edited by - cpatch on 09/21/2004 10:33:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  12:03:04 PM  Show Profile
To see who the mystery hand on my shoulder, in my Soundclick picture, belongs to, click here

Dusty

Edited by - wdf on 09/22/2004 12:29:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  12:41:14 PM  Show Profile
Dusty,

John's hands are on many of our shoulders. I'm grateful we can call him a friend.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  12:44:32 PM  Show Profile
Jaydub,

I seem to remember it was on his thumb. He had white bandage tape with a modified guitar pick attached. And, as I remember, it was one of the best concerts I ever heard.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  1:22:06 PM  Show Profile
Jaydub,
I done sound for John a couple times and always kid him that his great sound comes from his a**. I don't know if you've ever looked at his Gomes; Willie Nelson holes in the soundboard, cracks in the sides and an after market pickup system that Dave Gomes himself installed and cut holes in the side for the EQ/Vol controls, but it plays like a dream (thank you John for letting me play it). The Preamp is not grounded properly, so occasionally he has ground loop problems. The way he lifts the ground fault is by grounding himself to the PA. Hope he never plays a Slack Key Festival in a Mid-West thunderstorm. Both Mark Lennon and I have offered to fix it, but we're on Hawaiian time.

You are correct. The thing I remember most about the concert was love between Hope and John as they performed together, followed by the overwhelming tears of joy that she shed when we applauded her performance. They're such beautiful people.

Okay, back to the thread.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  4:19:52 PM  Show Profile

RAT HOLE ALERT

quote:
Hey Dusty... (I already knew who the hand was... cuz I was sitting off to the side when you two hammed it up for the pic)... but isn't that the index finger John tore up just before coming to AMC '02? Remember that cool little white plastic finger-tip (sort of) pick he used? I wanted to get a closer look at that (pick) but I forgot about it and forgot to ask him.

Yeah, I think he taped an Alaska pick on his index finger

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  5:16:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
One more:

Kahalenahele Novelty Quartette: Hilo March

Craig
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2004 :  4:50:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Four more:

Tim Holtwick: Makiki Rag
Konabob Stoffer: Poi Dog Waltz
Keith Marzullo: Hawai`i Aloha
Stacey Moore: La Paloma

That makes 16 new additions from the 2004 CD so far, 28 songs on SoundClick total. And there are still 17 more to come! Enjoy.

Craig

Edited by - cpatch on 09/23/2004 6:32:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2004 :  01:09:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Four more (and another mystery hand):

Raymond Stovich: Kohala Breeze
James Garson: Namaka's Medley
Jaydub: Mau Manulele (Jumping Birds)
David Nye: Lau Puka

Craig
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  3:46:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
My computer is in the shop for a hard drive replacement so I probably won't be able to do any more updates until the weekend.

Craig

Edited by - cpatch on 09/29/2004 3:46:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  7:27:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
quote:
and another mystery hand
hum, from the aloha coming out of the hand, i'm guessing it belongs to braddah kevin...

aloha, keith
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000