Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Slack Key Uke Survey
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2005 :  11:00:49 AM  Show Profile
Kath! Again!

I think the book is self-published. ISBN-0-917822-17-X. I've seen his books on www.Elderly.com; they may be available on the Ukulele Hall of Fame Museum, http://ukulele.org/ Luck.

Aloha,

Pauline

Edited by - Pauline Leland on 01/22/2005 11:06:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

sandman
Lokahi

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2005 :  6:10:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit sandman's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by koolkatkiwi

quote:
Originally posted by sandman

Heeday has 22+ page booklet called "Heeday Kimura's How to Play Slack Key Ukulele."

Hi - my name is Kath, I live in NZ, and this is my first post. My husband and I have both been recently bitten by the uke bug. I'd love to try slack-key uke, but don't know where to start. Sandy, can you tell me where I could get this booklet?

Cheers, Kath

Kath, sorry for being slow (sounds like Cocaine Blues) but I've been out of town for an incredibly interesting (on the one hand) and incredibly boring (on the other hand) academic conference. Not having the opportunity to play my uke made the difference. Heeday's works are available at www.ukulelebooksbyheeday.com and (where I got my copy) www.mele.com.
Sandy

Leap into the boundless and make it your home.
Zhuang-zi
Go to Top of Page

Larry Miller
Akahai

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  07:24:12 AM  Show Profile
On my baritone uke, I've got the soprano Aquila string set. I'm playing in regular tuning, but finding lots of slack-key sounding licks in both the keys of C and G. I thought about switching the 4th to a low G, but it's challenging and fun to work that high G into whatever I'm trying to play. I've also tuned the A down to G Taropatch and messed with that a bit too.

As I said on another thread, I'm getting very good results with the soprano tuning on a baritone- lotsa neck, wider finger board, deeper, more resonant sound, etc.

Whee ha!

Larry M
Go to Top of Page

msrvfx
Aloha

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  1:59:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Larry,

Got any insight to your Tuning with the Aquila Strings. I use to have a bari that i put Aquila bari strings on and "tried" tuning it to "High G" tunings, when the string popped. too much tension.

Are you (1) playing in regular "bari TUNING", but using a regular "High G" soprano STRINGS?
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  08:26:18 AM  Show Profile
Check this out!

A shrunken koa nylon string slack key guitar disguised as an ukulele.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

rhnelson
Aloha

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  1:31:30 PM  Show Profile
quote:
[i]
But -- ta dah!!! -- I'm hoping to deliver my new book to my publisher withing the week. It's got tons of slack style arrangements. Look for it in about six months, from mighty Mel Bay publications.

I see you're going to be at Lark Camp. Think it will be out by then?

Rick
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000