Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 2005 Beamer/Keawe/Yeaton tour
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  07:02:16 AM  Show Profile
Just posted details of the 2005 Hawaiian Slack Key Masters tour (look for the "NEW" buttons):
http://www.mele.com/ConcertCalendar.cgi

Heads up NY, NJ, VA, MN, WA, and CA!

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  6:50:26 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Maria

Just posted details of the 2005 Hawaiian Slack Key Masters tour (look for the "NEW" buttons):
http://www.mele.com/ConcertCalendar.cgi

Heads up NY, NJ, VA, MN, WA, and CA!

Are you sure 'bout those dates (& locations) for Keola in Washinton, Auntie? Kirkland Performance Center has him listed as performing there on Feb 4---& I know some folks who already have tickets for same (wah! I can't go---I'm registrar for our folksinging weekend that starts that night, & I suspect my absence might be noticed)

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2004 :  05:16:28 AM  Show Profile
Mahalo nui loa to Aaron from the wonderful Hawai`i General Store in Seattle -- he sent me the corrected info for the two WA gigs:

Fri 2/4 - Kirkland WA
Kirkland Performance Center

Sat 2/5 - Kent WA
Kent-Meridian High School

Auntie Maria
===================
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2004 :  11:40:57 AM  Show Profile
FYI: on this tour, expect to see John Keawe selling his new docu/instructional slack key DVD, and snag yourself a copy of Chris Yeaton's "Kikaha Malie" CD, too -- truly exquisite all-instrumental, traditional and original compositions, done in Chris' uniqe finger-picking slack key style.

Auntie Maria
===================

Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2004 :  11:47:26 AM  Show Profile
I got the DVD from John Keawe last night and it works ok in my DVD player. Wonderful performance
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2004 :  06:20:59 AM  Show Profile
UPDATE re: Felton CA 1/29/05:

Performance begins at 7:00 p.m. Advance reservations are recommended as tickets are limited. Ticket price is $31 per person. For tickets, contact Blue & Gold Fleet’s TeleSails at 1-888-25EVENT

Roaring Camp is in Felton, six miles north of Santa Cruz. Exit State Route 17 at Mt. Hermon Road, left at Graham Hill Road, then ½ mile to the entrance. For Information, visit www.roaringcamp.com.

Auntie Maria
===================

Go to Top of Page

Molly
Aloha

14 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  3:47:28 PM  Show Profile
Aloha from Philadelphia!
Just wanted to remind anyone in New Jersey, Pennsylvania or Delaware area to please come hear Keola, John and Chris on January 22 in Southern New Jersey
Here is the website to order tickets:
http://intraweb.stockton.edu/pac/winter.html#slack

This concert is so important for exposure of slack key in our area, perhaps even a first!
Yeah, it will definately take me back to Aloha Music Camp

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  3:53:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi Molly,

Hope to see you there!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  4:20:20 PM  Show Profile
Molly,

It's about time you came on board. Hope that Gomes is still sounding sweet.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Molly
Aloha

14 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  2:08:33 PM  Show Profile
OMG! Is that Dave Nye?? (did I spell it right?) Aloha!!Still playing your great Irish Setter song?
My Gomes is right by my bed, happy as a clam:) Yeah, a love affair;))
Sorry I haven't been here on this site but...well...you know how shy I am.But with this warm welcome, I may stay awhile.
Andy, it would be so cool to meet you at the concert:))
I will be in row 5, center, around seat 14 I think. I would love to sometime get together and play some slack with you, where do you live, I forget what town? We'll talk:)
Debbie, if you read this- A very merry belated Christmas to you girlfriend! I still have my cards and stamps sitting on my desk and yeah, will probably have to wait 'til next year. Miss you so much- ALL OF YOU!
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  5:52:35 PM  Show Profile
Molly!

Yeah, I hang around this board enough to be busted for loitering. It's great to see you here. I know you will have so much fun at the show - tell all the guys I say "hi". So tell me, are you in the market for a roommate at AMC?

Me ke aloha,

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Molly
Aloha

14 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2005 :  08:25:36 AM  Show Profile
I would most definately love to have you for a roomie, if I come:))We would have a blast!!
I am still undecided now that there will be a camp in Feb.'06. I have a fondness for whales and like the idea of getting out of Philly in mid winter, plus air fare will be cheaper.Will let u know!

Andy, just checked my ticket for show, will be in Row E seat 32- please come and introduce yourself!
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2005 :  8:39:30 PM  Show Profile

Aloha Molly!

Glad you're on Taropatch, howzit? I'm thinking of February on Molokai, also, let's chat. Cathe

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Molly
Aloha

14 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2005 :  07:04:47 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Cathe! Uh... are you from camp two years ago? Guess this isn't the right thread to be talking about this but thanks so much for the warm welcome
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2005 :  06:06:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Andy, it would be so cool to meet you at the concert:))
I will be in row 5, center, around seat 14 I think. I would love to sometime get together and play some slack with you, where do you live, I forget what town? We'll talk:)
Hi Molly,

My wife and I will definitely be at the show. I bought our tix last week (I think we're in row C). We're probably an hour and a half from Phili. I'll send you an email soon.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2005 :  06:50:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message
Last night we had one of those magical events that seem to happen here on the Big Island.

John Keawe and Chris Yeaton are getting ready to go on tour (as you all know) and as a kind
of 'send off' they did a mini concert here at the Aloha Theater. Chris played a couple songs
with John. John played some favorites, and then played a new song he had written for his
lovely hula dancer/wife. I always find water runs down the side of my face when the two of
them perform together. It's embarrassing for a guy. Fortunately it was kind of dark.

John then introduced his new DVD, and they showed it in it's entirety... What a guy!
He told us that he had not really planned to do a DVD, but it just kind of fell together.
It is not a "how to" video, or a history of slack key type thing.
It is more about John, his life, and things that inspire him. There are a lot of really
great shots of his fingers in action, as well as a few fishing tips. Ya gotta love this man.

Keep an eye out for the DVD. Me thinks it will be available very soon.
Aloha,
-Konabob

Konabob's Walkingbass - http://www.konawalkingbass.com
Taropatch Steel - http://www.konaweb.com/konabob/
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Konabob2+Walkingbass
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000