Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 a weekend in hana
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2005 :  2:23:27 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Bwop - eyelash lei is a lei crocheted out of a type of yarn known as eyelash yarn because of the long fibers coming off of the central twist. It makes a very nice permanent lei and a passable approximation of real flowers and foliage. Folks who are skilled with fiber arts can whip one out in no time, but after several botched attempts, I gave up on ever being able to figure out how to do it! Crochet needle: 1 Debbie: 0
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2005 :  5:56:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha e Islandboo,
I'm glad to hear that. I've been blinking an inordiant amount since I started thinking about this.
Howsomevah, I wonder about eyeBROW lei. I have relatives who have eye brows that "command attention" or "go off the food plan". My mother's cousin, The General, had eyebrows you could land an airplane on. I'm getting worried that my genetics are kicking in and my eyebrows might go the same way. So.... I saw a show about a woman who shears her dogs and spins the yarn to knit. The obvious leap is: why knot knit lei from wayward eyebrow hairs like mine?? You know ancient Hawai'ians made hair lei, so eye brow lei could be even more ONO. He aha kou mana'o??
My wife would be glad to start shipping you my wayward eyebrow hair. Are you up for dat??

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2005 :  6:20:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Uh oh, I don't like where this is going...

How about the Looney Rooney EB Lei

Andy
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2005 :  05:43:58 AM  Show Profile
Aloha e Bwop,

Yours is an intriguing thought, but as I said, I appear to lack the requisite talent to create an eyelash lei, and as the eyebrow lei is a closely related craft (requiring perhaps even greater dexterity in the case of all but the most impressive sets of brow hirsuteness), I must, alas, decline your kind offer.

Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2005 :  06:31:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
huh? what's that? something by mckenna halle made out of discarded fiilterless cigarettes? http://starbulletin.com/1999/12/13/features/story2.html
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2005 :  07:59:34 AM  Show Profile
Keith! Go ask Susie!! They look very nice in the winter time!!! You probably have seen a bunch. They come in lots of pretty colors.
Those in that link are really ( was going to say something unkind... yes mother, if you can't say something nice, don't say it at all)...... not my style.
They were on sale at Keola's concert and I'm sure will be again at the HAPA concert tomorrow. They're a little more feminine that the kukui seed leis.
Have fun on Sunday!!! will catch the next one.
aloha!!
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Popoki
Akahai

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2005 :  10:40:22 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Kakou,
It was a magical, fun weekend. Mahalo Duke for all your effort to put it all together and make it happen. Also mahalo hosting the ono dinner Friday nite. Enjoyed your story Keith - thanks. Do wish the rest of you from TP.net could have been there.
Finally got our photos posted...you can check them out at
http://homepage.mac.com/kittndave/PhotoAlbum3.html
Aloha, >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2005 :  12:13:09 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo Popoki,
We wish we could have been there too.
Thank you for posting your pictures.
Eventually we will all catch up with one another, maybe more than in slack key dreams.
aunty

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000