Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 George Kahumoku, Jr. - Touring the East Coast
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2002 :  10:58:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Just a quick reminder that George Kahumoku, Jr. and his `ohana are currently touring the east coast (NY, CT, MA, PA, DE, DC.) Check his website for dates/times at www.kahumoku.com.

NYC this week:
There is a free show at Lincoln Center on Thurs, 8/22.

Sat, Aug 24
Workshops
George Kahumoku Talk Story (10am)
Slack Key Guitar Workshop With Keoki Kahumoku (10am-12pm)
Ukulele Workshop With Herb Ohta , Jr. (10am-12pm)

Date: Saturday, August 24, 2002
211 West 61st St, 3rd Floor
(between Amsterdam and West End Ave.)

Joe's Pub (7:30 PM - 8:40 PM)
425 Lafayette St - New York City, NY
Call 212-239-6200 Bill Bragin 212-539-8100

I'm planning to go to NYC for Saturday's events so if any of you will be there, let me know.

Aloha,
Andy

rd2ruin
Akahai

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2002 :  11:16:43 AM  Show Profile
Nice,

I was supposed to see him in Tampa earlier this year, but got sidetracked. And as luck has it, I'll be in Philly for the next three weeks. Mebbe I'll finally catch up to him. I wound up emailing him about seeing him, since I guess Atlanta's too far away from the beach . Emailed me back a couple times. Seems like a heck of a nice guy.

Maybe I'll see you all in Reading or Arden, DE.

- Greg
Go to Top of Page

souchong
Aloha

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2002 :  8:16:17 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Dear Ones,

It's been a while since I posted or even (shame) visited TaroPatch, since in the last few weeks I've been getting ready for the pro debut of my little Celtic band, Twisted Knickers. I play Celtic harp in the band, and last weekend we had our first professional gig at the local Renaissance Festival. It went fairly well, as long as it lasted - since we were playing outdoors and uncovered, in a late Pennsylvania summer, I suppose perhaps rain was inevitable - but there we were, sitting on this unprotected stage with our expensive wooden instruments (mostly), right in the middle of a great Irish slip jig called "The Butterfly" and the wind whips up and then it starts to pour. No serious damage was done to instruments, thankfully, but we got pretty wet - and our last performance was cancelled. Oh well, better luck next year!

ObSlackKey:

So yeah, I'll be at George Kahumoku Jr. & Company's workshop & performance tomorrow in Reading, PA - can't wait to have George et al. sign my new Dancing Cat t-shirt! For whoever's gonna be there, if you wanna meet me, look for a short, rather plump chick with long straight brown hair, wearing the abovementioned t-shirt. Oh, and I'll probably have some kind of name tag on too - I'm a fan of them, they make things so much easier. Just walk right up and introduce yourselves, fellow TaroPatchers! I'll post a recap/review in Live Lessons/Performance Reviews when I get back!

Linda

"So it was murder! I have no problems with that. The man was a pig!" -- "The Hunt for Red October"
Go to Top of Page

rd2ruin
Akahai

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2002 :  11:32:42 AM  Show Profile
quote:

Just a quick reminder that George Kahumoku, Jr. and his `ohana are currently touring the east coast
Aloha,
Andy

I missed a chance to see his workshop in Reading, PA, but will be at the Arden Fair in DE Saturday. Anyone else planning to catch him there?

Cheers!
- Greg
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000