Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Ohana Browns ( Love for the People.)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  1:56:49 PM  Show Profile
The word "Aloha" comes in "Many" meanings, the word "Love" is a universal word no matter what language it is, even a child could feel and understand. We (Brown Ohana) wanted to express our warmest love and gratitude to all that made our tour, "So Special"!!!!

It was our first west coast tour as a family, before leaving for the tour, kaena mentioned ( being it was her first with us too.) "what if theres only 5 or 6 people there, they don't know who we are" , well after the first performance in Felton( Don Quixote.) until the last performance at Grants Pass Oregon, that feeling was history. We've met the most warmest and loving people that came, not jus for the brown ohana, but for the love of ki ho'alu and culture that it brings.

Mahalo a nui loa to the people in, Felton..Redwood City..San Diego..San Leandro..Santa Rosa..Englander..Sonoma State University..Grass Valley..and Grants Pass Oregon, thank you for such a wonderful experience that will remain in our hearts forever.

Mahalo Plenty!!! to the promoters that took a cahnce on us and believing in what we had to offer ( Patrick Landeza, Susie ( cookie.) Don Narup, Ross, Bill, Michael, and Mark Nelson.) thank you for putting up with us and making the performances comfortable for us before we went on stage.

For those that opened there home to us while performing in there area we thank you for your warm hospitality and showing us around your town. Tom and Francesca for letting us stay at there apartment in Los Altos, Patrick, Jen and family, there place was the home base for us while in california. thank you for the wonderful meals and sharing tyler and patrick jr. with us, it was like we were home. Dave and Bev. for letting me stay at your place on our day off. Keith and Susie, and Antia for a great time in San Diego, ( to short.) Jim and Linda for your pupu's and letting us rest before saturday nights performance in santa rosa. To Mark and Annie for there country home.( and country life.)

All of your towns have there own identities beautiful in it's own way.....and they all have something in common. They Were ... COLD!!!! brrrr!....

Mahalo to all the halaus that also shared there hulas from, don quixote, san diego, santa rosa, sonoma st. university, and grants pass, your hulas were beautiful, it was the highlight of the shows.

Mahalo to Eric and Linda for coming so far to help us in our last leg of our tour it meant a lot to us.

Thank you to Reid and Sarah for travling the farthest, it was special being with you again. To all the "Taropatch Ohanas" you all made it special, I won't name them because i may forget a name and to be safe, I'll say....you know who you are, and just knowing you were there, it brought a warm and humble feeling, ( you guys the bomb!.)

We're home and it's in the high 80's...We wish we were back there.
Mahalo Patrick, for making this tour possible, dave for driving us around, setting up and breaking down, Sibyl for the california lei's ( scarf and gloves.) Frank Byrd for settling us down in Portland. For all that came and made it special for Kaena Ikaika and I. We will never forget your warmth and love you showed us.....my wife wanted to thank all of you for taking good care of us. This was a tour we will never forget!!!!!! Mahalo a nui loa.... to everyone!

Me Ke Aloha Pumehana!
Brown Ohana..... miss you all. ( i have your sweater patrick.)

Kevin K. Brown

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  3:38:40 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo -
Y'all come back real soon!!
(from all of us)

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2005 :  12:42:49 PM  Show Profile
Aloha, Kevin!

Terry and I followed the tour via TP and were really bummed we couldn't make it to the West Coast. It sounds like a great time was had by all. We had our first slack key show in Ohio last night with Cyril and Patrick giving us a wonderful evening of aloha. We had a great crowd, too, so what's it gonna take to bring you to Ohio?!!!

All the best,

Mark
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2005 :  7:40:34 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Kevin:
Ya know, what goes around, comes around. . . . . we were just returning the aloha we felt coming from you and Ikaika and Kaena every minute. Mahalo for making the stars shine a bit brighter...

cathe
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2005 :  02:58:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Aloha Kevin, Ikaika, and Kaena:

Sure glad the tour was a success and everything you expected (and more!). I have also been following the tour through TP and am so bummed to have missed you in Grants Pass. Hopefully, you will do this again and play more cities next time (just keep heading up north on I-5 and we will supply the additional layers of clothes!).

Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2005 :  07:50:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
Congratulations to you and your family on a successful tour. I know traveling and performing can be very hard work yet very rewarding in experiencing new places and meeting new people. Right on Kevin! Alohas...
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2005 :  10:34:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
I think the burning concern on everyone's mind - at least everyone who attended the marvelous San Leandro show ... Ka`ena, now that you're back on Maui, where are you going to wear those boots???

I guess Ikaika could finish up his arrangement of that old Nancy Sinatra hit ...

Mahalos to all the Ohana Brown, those who travelled for putting up with the stress and strain, those who stayed behind for doing without your loved ones.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Kiwini
Lokahi

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  09:36:17 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Kevin, Ikaika, and Kaena,

You have not only filled us with your beautiful music and entertained us with your humor, but you blessed us with the Spirit of Aloha, too. May you continue successfully in your quest to spread Aloha across the lands. You are without a doubt a slendid ambassador for the Hawaiian Culture.
Ua mau ke e o ka aina i ka pono! I'mua!

Mahalo Nui,
Kiwini
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000