Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Kanikapila @ Nani's Donut Shoppe
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bigwave
Aloha

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  5:20:06 PM  Show Profile
Sil--

Great fun at the kanikapila last night. As for next month Thursday works better for me, but could do Wednesday too. Just gotta move things around.

--Dave

--Dave
Go to Top of Page

ArtSap
Lokahi

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  6:34:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit ArtSap's Homepage  Send ArtSap a Yahoo! Message
I had a blast last night just being able to sit and play for almost 3 hours (almost felt guilty being the only bassist though). I was worried that the turnout would be lacking and then wondered whether or not the enthusiasm would be there. But as I sat and played, smiled, tapped my feet, bobbed my head and sang, I looked around the room and saw that virtually everyone was doing exactly the same things. About the only time someone would stop is when they'd appear to lose their place and would try frantically to jump back into the mele. Sil, you did a terrific job hosting and getting everyone involved. Everyone I spoke with afterwards said they had a good time as well. Look forward to doing it again - real soon. And of course, mahalo plenty to Art and Nani Antonio for allowing us the use of their establishment...

Art
SF Bay Area, CA / Mililani, HI
"The real music comes from within you - not from the instrument"
Go to Top of Page

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  8:46:23 PM  Show Profile
Last night's kanikapila was very special--I couldn't sleep last night cause my adrenaline was flowing (or maybe it was the two donuts I ate at midnight). I knew something was up when I arrived at Nani's and looked through the glass window and saw the place was already packed with folks jamming from all over the place: chairs, floor, standing, booths, tables.

This was the kind of backyard-style kanikapila that brought you back to the old days in Hawaii. You could just feel the aloha flowing. You never knew what was coming next, but you knew it was going to be good. There were so many talented performers, and the best part was everybody was participating and singing with gusto. In fact, I don’t think we even took a break.

I enjoyed meeting a lot of new folks too, including a number of Taropatchers. We had a very diverse group: From beginners to seasoned pros, standard tuning to slack key, bass guitar to electric guitar, lots of ukuleles, Hawaiians and non-Hawaiians, a kupuna (Aunty Ella), and even a stranger off the street who saw us playing through the window and later came back with an empty water jug to play percussion. Everybody welcome!

A big thank you to Nani and Art Antonio for opening up their shop for us. The donuts were ono—my kids ate up the whole box already. Bruddah Sil, good news and bad news. Good news: You couldn't have asked for a better kani, and you were a terrific host and got everyone involved. Bad news: How you going top dis one? Mahalo bruddah!

Doug
Go to Top of Page

rodv18
Aloha

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  09:49:00 AM  Show Profile
i know i missed out but you can count me in on the next one...looks like its big and gotta make reservation..ha...nah
anyway...i'm coming from Carmel Valley...anyone like carpool up and back...lemme know
you don't wanna miss the next "Kani at Nani's"
mahalo..rod
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000