Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 OPEN MIC 01.11.06 O'SIDE L& L SCSKS
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  3:44:59 PM  Show Profile
Reid,
I think Auntie Nancy had her wrist recently operated on -- thus the wrist guard.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1020 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  07:47:08 AM  Show Profile
reid,
down 7 on my way to 15 - flushing my liver (usual interesting story)
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  08:33:53 AM  Show Profile
Way to go, Terry! I could stand to lose 7-10, and I am shorter than you - which beer are you using for flushing? Sierra Nevada APA? Local micro/homebrew? :-)

Reid
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  09:12:16 AM  Show Profile
Ken Schmidt's American Wheat works quite well.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  11:40:59 AM  Show Profile
Dusty, don't you make some good brew? Or was it Bill? If so, what kind?

Sarah and I are really taken with Victory from PA (maybe it is not available way out there). They make Hop Devil IPA and Prima Pils which are absolutely wonderful with all sorts of foods, especially spicey stuff like Thai or Indian (of course, that is how IPA got to be IPA). The Pilsner is simply the best I have ever had.

Maybe, when we get back from HI, I should ship a 6 of each to you guys, if you can't get them.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

bbenzel
Lokahi

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  12:19:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit bbenzel's Homepage
Aloha Reid,

Victory 12oz. bottled beers are readily available in SoCal. Prima Pils is widely distributed and is recognized among beer geeks as one of the best (if not THE best) German Pilseners available. You might want to try it side by side with Rogue Uber Pils -- another fine example of the style.

If you ever want to pack a few bottles up and fly out (or ship to me, Ken, Dusty, etc.) then we'd definitely appreciate Thomas Hooker beers (Liberator, Imperial Porter, Old Marley) if you can get 'em. Olde Burnside Ten Penny Scottish Ale and Highland Fling (strange name for a pale ale) are also rumored to be very good. All of the above are from the Hartford area and we've heard about 'em and would love to try 'em.

In return we'll ship you back some of the great Pales, IPAs and double IPAs that you won't see out in your neck of the woods.

Give me a shout when you're back on the mainland and we'll see if we can work something out.

Bill
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1020 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  1:53:59 PM  Show Profile
Reid,
I wish it was beer - diluted, unsweetened cranberry juice (64 oz/ day; there's some other really great stuff like flax oil and borage oil, too; plus no carbs). I've really gotten to know the men's room at work.
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  2:27:51 PM  Show Profile
First Chunk.

I actually love cranberry juice; must be because the bogs are only just north of here. I also never pollute it with booze as so many around here do. But, the oils, the oils...! I just went through a whole top to bottom endoscopy series and I have *nothing* wrong with a single inch of my plumbing (although the fentanyl throat spray and the 2 Imperial Pints of Barium Sulfate were sooooo tasty). Load up on Immodium and/or diphenoxylate(low dosage Amitriptyline is *evil*). Helps you stay unbloodied and unbowed. But, look on the bright side: you have what our French superiors call "une crise de foix" which is excuse for any number of follies (even folie a deux, if you can persuade Mary).

Now Bill.

I will look long and hard for those. I am really glad (and surprised, and happy) that you can get Victory. I hope the ones you are looking for are bottled and not tap only (but that is good for us). I have styrofoam wine shipping containers that I can use for whatever I find, and will ship UPS (in Spring, the temp. won't be a problem) and I will try to get Growlers, if I can, which are just becoming legal here. They need to be fresh, so I will coordinate. If I can't get it for you, it won't be for lack of trying.

Stay well and happy guys,

Reid

Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  2:49:13 PM  Show Profile
Reid -
Since you've already made arrangements for this trip to Hawai'i, why not stop on your way through next time?
Or just pack up the beer the next time you're itching to travel? Bill and Ken are really in to making great brew.
Take good care of yourself on the trip. Plumbing is not all that can go wrong.
Just remember to have lots of fun!!!
n
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  04:28:18 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, we have really thought about a 2 day trip and I scoured all the airline schedules looking for a combo that wouldn't be torture for me. But, the airlines just won't cooperate. So, I opted for getting the pain over with all at once with minimal air total travel time. You are absolutely right about other things going wrong, and the Big Deal with me is my spinal chord (I was *perfect* until I was 60 and then my bod went to Hell in a handbasket - not many people can say they were perfect, but I was perfect, and beautiful, dahling). So, anyway, this trip is 2 legs, 2.5 hours and 8+ hours, plus 1 hr. stopover (not to mention a 1 hr. trip to BDL and a 2 hour wait). The long leg will be hell on wheels, but I have special meds (like xylocaine transdermal patches), and I will actually walk to Maui.

The brew shipment is not a problem; I have gotten lots of wine shipments from all over. From the vinyard direct to door. But bod shipment will be on hold until Scotty can beam me up.

Also, on the fun side, Sarah and I just bought new Henderson Titanium Superstretch wetsuits, which pack really well, and will be used both on Molokai and Maui. We know all the good places and will visit our fish and octopus friends - although viz is not so great right now due to wave action, but the surfers are very happy.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  07:47:46 AM  Show Profile
Hey Reid!
Don't tell me you're a diver!!?? I have a titanium wetsuit too and it's more convenient in lots of ways. If you made it to 60, you were very lucky. Most of us started falling apart around 30. That happens to v-ball players and skiers. Diving is the one thing that is very easy on the bod - At Camp last summer, the viz was bad for diving, but in that little cove, it was nice for snorkling. If you have time on Maui, and can handle the walk in, Honolua Bay is protected unless the weather is coming straight in. It was very rough for diving on Maui too, but if it's calm, the night diving is fantastic - go with Robinson on Thursday, or Maui Divers on Tuesday. You won't believe what you'll see!!
And just do drugs..... the legal ones, of course.
Oh- and it's beer that Bill and Ken brew - I think Dusty is the vintner.
Have a wonderful time!!!
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  08:11:13 AM  Show Profile
No fries...chips.
No coke...pepsi.
No beer...

Dusty
Go to Top of Page