Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Seattle gig
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  08:00:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
I am seriously thinking of coming to Settle for the March 31 concert and April 1,2 workshops with Patrick, Cyril and Dennis. I like the idea of the workshop, but they are only a couple hours long at most. The rest of the time i would really like to sit around and jam, learn from others of us who might be attending. I know the presenters will not have much extra time because they are on a busy tour schedule.
Does anyone else have plans to attend the workshops, and, do you have the inclination to play more than just attending the workshops. I really wnat to immerse myself in slack key if i go that far.

Karl
Frozen North

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  09:23:44 AM  Show Profile
... hope you can make a quick hop down this way Gramps.
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  06:24:00 AM  Show Profile
Eh, Karl! Last years' one was LONG. As in ALL DAY, BOTH DAYS, small concert on Saturday night, although the concert is on Friday at Town Hall (a great venue- good sound and view). Retro was there, as well as Hapakid, All Thumbs and Neeej. Ask them guys, as I just went to the concert. Good fun to talk story with the guys.
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  6:42:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Aloha Karl!

Maybe some of the Eugene mafia will head up that way. Would love to meet you, talk story, and of course, play our guts out! One suggestion from last year's workshop was to have a room(s) where students could get together and jam after their lessons. The venue last year wasn't so conducive to doing that, plus there was a concert on Saturday at the same venue. Since this year's concert preceeds the workshop, maybe there will be more of an opportunity to jam. Let's hope so. Eh, Patrick...if you happen to be reading this thread, when will the workshop schedule and information about the venue be on your website (or here)? - Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  09:43:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Last I heard, a buncha folks (okay - including me) are trying to make sure we have a party/jam/kanikapila somewhere on that Saturday night; Patrick's in on the planning, so we hope it will involve the guest musicians. Even if they are unavailable, I am sure something will be put together for people - if not at the workshop venue (which is still being finalized), then there are a couple other possible locations that have expressed interest.
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  10:11:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Thanks for the update, Gregg! I know you'll keep us posted, you party animal! See you soon! --Mags
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  4:47:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Well, if no actual venue opens up, could we not just congre4gate in someone's hotel room?

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  11:49:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Make sure you get a suite, and that everyone around you LOVES music --- cause you might have 50 people or more show up!

On this same thread - I had a brief call with Susie (Patrick's assistant) over the weekend (brief, because I was in Canada, just pulling up to the hotel), but we will talk more this week. They are very close to finishing up more details, so ... soon, very soon, we should know more.
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  3:04:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Any TPers live in Seattle who would be willing to hold an evening get together? Small coffee house? Deserted bomb shelter? I know of a bridge there with a troll under it....he probbaly would be cheered up by slack key

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2006 :  09:30:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Something will certainly happen somewhere, Karl, and if you're coming all this way, we'll make sure you know about it. Drop me an e-mail, and we can exchange contact info to keep in touch. =Gregg=
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2006 :  5:37:17 PM  Show Profile
I'd be up for a jam, not Friday, 'cause of the concert, and Hans told me that we have a gig on Saturday night (to be an artist, one must suffer). 50th State Club's Ho'olauleia is on April 1st at Chief Leschi HS at the Puyallup Rez. I heard that something might be happening there. Sunday day is wide open. Keep me up to date. Too much happens at once to balance the eternities when nothing at all happens. I go to PSGW this weekend. Yippeee!
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2006 :  5:38:54 PM  Show Profile
Note to self: I don't suffer from gigs. I suffer when too many cool stuffs happen when I have gigs.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000