Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 A couple 'patchers playing in NYC
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  11:07:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Darin and I have a couple upcoming dates in New York City. Maybe see you there?

November 15, 2006, Wednesday
Roy's New York - $125
Special 5-course dinner by Chef Roy Yamaguchi with wine pairings by Kevin Zraly
130 Washington Street (between Albany and Carlisle Streets)
For reservations call 212.266.6262
* Seatings are filling quickly *

January 6, 2007, Saturday - $15
Two shows:
6pm
8pm with reception to follow
The Monkey
37 West 26th St. Suite #1201 (between 6th and Broadway) http://www.themonkeynyc.com/upcomingshows.htm
Tickets for both shows go on sale Dec. 1st

For more info visit: www.papalua.com

Andy

Ray Sowders
Akahai

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  05:26:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Sowders's Homepage
Go get 'em Darin and Andy. Congrats on the gig guys...wish I could be there. I'm sure you two will do a great job!

Ray
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  09:45:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
*Bump* This is now a "farewell show"... so come celebrate!

Papalua's last show before Darin Leong moves back to Hawaii!

Join us for our farewell show featuring hula, contemporary island music and traditional Hawaiian slack key at the Monkey, a boutique state-of-the-art surround sound performance space in Manhattan.

January 6th, Saturday

6pm – tickets are still available
8pm – SOLD OUT

Tickets $15, all attendees invited to reception at 9:45pm.

The Monkey
37 West 26th St. Suite #1201
(between 6th and Broadway)

Buy tickets now or call (212) 481-1601

~~~~~

Papalua are Darin Leong & Andy Wang

Guest: Trever Asam on Steel Guitar

Featuring hula by Lisette Marie Flanary & Eleanor Trillana

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  09:48:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
One more thing... a little promo at urbanguitar.com

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  2:22:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
We knew you when ...

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

ArtSap
Lokahi

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  6:17:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit ArtSap's Homepage  Send ArtSap a Yahoo! Message
Andy & Darin, sorry to hear about Papalua's farewell show. I know how difficult it is to lose someone that you click with musically and personally. Good luck to you both in your future musical endeavors...

Art
SF Bay Area, CA / Mililani, HI
"The real music comes from within you - not from the instrument"
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  03:03:21 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I think Andy and Darin will get together and play again in a warmer place. At least occasionally.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Ginny
Aloha

43 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  5:48:07 PM  Show Profile
Yah think Reid, where? Costa Rica, sunny Florida? :)

How can you buy tickets for this thing Andy, Monkey has vm and not sure how to do it in link on website.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  11:35:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi all,

We played two sold out shows on Saturday night. Glad that Ginny got in. It was so much fun to play before family, friends, coworkers, etc.

I was fighting a cold and worried that I was going to lose my voice but got lucky and pushed through two performances. I had a blast and think others did too.

Mahalo nui to all who came... Trever for playing sweet steel, Lisette and Eleanor for the beautiful hula, my wife for doing everything (making a slide show, buying and serving food and drink, photos, video, whoa!)... and last but not least Darin. Mahalo ke Akua for a 70 degree day in January! Felt like Hawai'i!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  07:26:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I wanted to share with all you 'patchers a video from our show last month. Mahalo to Uncle Dennis for his beautiful music and permission to post this.

http://www.papalua.com/sounds.asp

Andy
Go to Top of Page

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  09:26:39 AM  Show Profile
Andy
You two sing realy well together. Now that Darin is leaving, what are your plans for the future? Starting another duo?
Bob

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  7:21:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi Bob,

We had a really fun time so I thought I'd put it out there.

Good question. Now that Darin has moved back, I will see. I still plan to play music with Darin when I visit Oahu or when he visits New York. Reunion show! LOL.

I am open to playing with new people and playing some solo. I think both are excellent experiences. It's all good. Thanks for watching the vid.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000