Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Slack Key shows in the islands
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1019 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  1:17:44 PM  Show Profile
Don Narup has asked me to compile a set of Slack Key Show schedules for people traveling to the islands and looking for music. He'll be (maybe I will be) adding this to the Slack Tracks hour on 50thstateradio.com. I've got Auntie Maria's concert stuff for the well-advertised gigs, but I'm mostly looking for local music. I can handle Kaua`i and I've asked KonaBob (and John K and Don Kaulia) for Big Island stuff. I need help on Maui (and by inference Moloka`i and Lana`i) and Oahu, since I rarely go to those islands. Can you guys email me what you know? Maybe this is a good thread by itself that can be updated regularly? Like Craig's tab list. Not interested in mainland right now. Thanks

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  09:07:52 AM  Show Profile
George Kahumoku hosts the Masters of Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Concert Series in the theatre at The Ritz-Carlton in Kapalua, Maui.

There are two perfomances each Wednesday night at 6PM and 8:30PM. Advance reservation are required - (888) 669-3858.

There is a schedule on George's website, http://www.kahumoku.com/calendar.htm

Dusty

Edited by - wdf on 02/07/2007 09:09:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2007 :  05:13:24 AM  Show Profile
FYI - the Ritz-Carlton is closing in June for a 6-month renovation; as of last week, George had not selected a new venue for his weekly shows.

See www.dancingcat.com for a fairly-accurate list of island venues which offer slack key.

Unfortunately, these gigs are not guaranteed -- some go on forever (like Aunty Genoa and the Pahinui/Kuo/Mahi gig at the Waikiki Marriott. But many are on a month-to-month contract, subject to change without notice.

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

Slackhead
Aloha

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2007 :  5:25:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Slackhead's Homepage
Aloha Everyone,

Our Masters of Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Concert Series has taken place every week at the Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua on Maui for three and a half years. Over 20,000 people have seen the show during that time, and we have produced two Grammy-nominated albums with music recorded at the show.

The Ritz-Carlton is closing for renovations in July of 2007 for a six month period. We believe that we have located an alternate venue for our show, and we expect to make an announcement within a couple of weeks. We have never missed a single week and we hope that we'll be able to keep that record intact forever!

Full information on the show can be found at www.slackkey.com.

Slackhead
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2007 :  5:48:19 PM  Show Profile
Great news, Paul!

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  03:32:00 AM  Show Profile
Paul, what ever happened to the Monday night show at Maui Myth and Magic Theater in Lahaina? It was started last Feb and we saw the second one. I am having a senior moment and I can't remember the show's name.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000