Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 LedHeads
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2007 :  04:27:10 AM  Show Profile
I am going to see these guys in Chicago on Friday, can anyone tell me approximately how may diffeernt CD's were out for sale and were ther other item as well?
Thanks
Bob

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2007 :  08:21:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Mike has one CD with him, the new Live From Honey's one. Led (or rather Sharon) is carrying "Ki Ho`alu" and "Grandmaster" but they sold out of Grandmaster in Redwood City and were getting very low on "Ki Ho`alu" as well. Sharon was frantic on the phone to get some more shipped for the rest of the tour, I hope she succeeded.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

dr. cookie
Lokahi

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2007 :  09:32:15 AM  Show Profile
Ah-h-h . . . Seattle fans got to enjoy the dynamic Led & Mike show last night.

Neither of these guys NEEDS the other (either could easily command the stage on their own, of course), but a wonderful synergy sure develops when they play together . . . 'twas absolutely delightful!

Don/Doc/Cookie

PS to Tim: I mentioned to Mike that we missed him at Honey's that day we had to "settle" for the Kamakahi's. He'd give us a raincheck if we could only get one from the airlines . . .

Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2007 :  6:21:29 PM  Show Profile
Eh, Cookie! I like second da motion! Was awesome!
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2007 :  9:53:02 PM  Show Profile
Auntie Maria!

Mike's CD is in the mail.
At least, it will be in the morning if I can only remember to bring it with me to the PO. Sigh, this getting old stuff is hard to deal with...

Julie
Go to Top of Page

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2007 :  1:02:25 PM  Show Profile
Well, I tried to go to the Led concert. Took a wrong turn, got into stop-and-go traffic and missed the concert. In Chicago if you make a wrong turn it can take 30-45 minites to recover. And now there are three toll payments to choose. Each has it's own lane(s) and if you pay cash you get rerouted off the mail road. If you don't pay close attention you can get locked into an I-pass lane and miss your payment. Sometimes this can happen near an interchange. Geez! Don't go to Chicago without a navigator.
Bob

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2007 :  1:50:36 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Geez! Don't go to Chicago without a navigator.
Maybe better yet: Don't go to Chicago... period. (or Redwood City - if you read my post)

Reminds me of that Yogi Berra saying: "Nobody goes there anymore... it's too crowded"

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2007 :  3:22:32 PM  Show Profile
Bob! I am so sorry to hear that you missed out on the show. I had been looking for you, but figured I just missed you in the crowd. I can understand how it happened, though - Chicago is a suburb of the underworld. I had allowed myself 6 hours for the 3 hour trip (I was planning on meeting a friend before the show) and it took just over 5 hours - there was construction everywhere and my car nearly overheated from idling on the interstate for over an hour.
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2007 :  07:33:14 AM  Show Profile
After being on an 8-day roadtrip without a navigator I've decided to seriously consider getting a talking GPS. I was only lost 3 times, and didn't get too far before getting off the freeway to ask directions. But does the GPS handle toll booths? Does it tell you how much money you need? I was surprised when I first crossed a bridge up there. I didin't know they cost money, and they cost more than I keep close for parking so I kinda held up the line the first time. I hope you get to see Led again. He is just fantastic!!
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2007 :  12:29:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
The navigation system was one reason we bought our Acura when we retired, gonna do lots of road trips, I thought. As it turned out, we go to Hawai`i instead <big happy grin> so we don't road trip much, but it's fantastically liberating to know you can't get lost, and if you do the system will get you unlost!!!

Ours does not give any info about toll roads or bridges as far as I know. It's certainly not a default to do so.

And, finally, I'll have to sell the Acura if we ever move to Hawai`i because the dumb thing doesn't cover the most important state! I'll probably look for a standalone unit if we make the move, because I can get lost really good even on an island <grin>.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page