Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Hearing Each Other Play
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2003 :  9:55:06 PM  Show Profile
UPDATE:
As of today, 1/15/02 -- I have received 1 submission, a nice Aloha'Oe/Isa Lei medley from "Breeze Please." Coupled with my recording of "Ku'u Lei Awapuhi" that brings the total to 2 recordings.
Come on, you "slackers." The idea is to share what we sound like with each other. (We don't need professional recordings, Auntie Marie can supply us with lots of those.)
Raymond
San Jose
Go to Top of Page

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  1:33:47 PM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Raymond,

Mine'll be in the mail in a day or two, blemishes and all. I'm finished, but I just need to burn the CD.
It's a short version of Nanea Ko Maka I Ka Le`ale`a with some bits of Salomila, and, well, some other loose bits. It's rough, but you asked for it!

Ross

Edited by - rossasaurus on 01/16/2003 1:35:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  7:38:53 PM  Show Profile
Still working on other projects too much, with only a couple of hours left for practice each week. As of now, no time is available till mid-Febuary, but then can send something hopefully with Guitar, Uke and maybe two voices, cough,cough.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 01/16/2003 7:42:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  9:37:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I'll be sending something, Raymond. Not sure what, kind of whatever comes out best (with fewest mistakes) while the recorder's going. Should be ready soon, though.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  10:03:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
i'm sending something with a blooper just to show i'm human

all i have to do is download some software so i can covert it to a .WAV.

keith

Keith
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  11:54:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Hey Raymond, I've had family in town but as soon as they leave I plan on sitting down with the recorder and playing until I get one decent take. You'll have it by the end of the month.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  05:01:30 AM  Show Profile
Hey Raymond, sorry but I havn't had any family in town. No, my sound engineer is simply a lazy slob. She has been putting the finishing touches on my Opus for the last 2 months. That and my agent simply will not let me alone. They agree, that I will have the finished product delivered to you personally by the Chairman of Capitol Records to coincide with the national release.

Damn ...gotta lay off the pineapple juice and Nyquil......

Gonna have some time in about a week to put something on disc.

May submit two. With all the recent interest in Hapa, I simply see no reason whatsoever not to bore you all with my arrangement of Kaopuiki Aloha...and of course something original.

I am,
Supreme Commander

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2003 :  01:49:52 AM  Show Profile
Sorry about being a bugger about limit setting, but .. please choose one song to represent you. I am willing to "produce" one number from each person who submits. Also, as mentioned before, please keep it to under 4 minutes. If anyone does not like these limits and is willing to take the project over, I will gladly forward the material I already have. If you submit more than one number, I reserve the right to choose which one I will use.
Raymond
San Jose
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000