Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 The 3rd Annual Kalama Days of Discovery Aug 2007
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

napuasweet
Lokahi

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  10:35:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit napuasweet's Homepage
Bill Nahalea- President Of Hale Halawai O Hawaii Resource Center 501-C-3 Agency Tickets Are Selling!

Based on the Emails and Online Purchasers the Community
is Happy to Have Such a Caliber of Hawaiian Talent! Coming to The Only Town that is named after a Hawaiian Man From Kula Maui Hawaii "JOHN KALAMA" in the Entire Nation!

For information on Tickets Outlets(Seattle and Vancouver)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hawaiianmusicandfun

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you For Supporting this Unique Hawaiian and Native American Indian Event(Limited Supply)Available At The Kalama Hawaiian Trading Company And Online www.alohaislandtreasures.net
DOORS OPEN! AT 5:30PM For Luau Pow Wow Concert.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hawaiianmusicandfun

CONCERT ONLY TICKETS PURCHASERS DOORS OPEN AT 7PM(PLEASE BRING A BLANKET OR BEACH CHAIRS!) TICKETS ARE $10.00(CONCERT ONLY!)

Aloha to Everyone who loves great Hawaiian Music. Bill and Gloria Nahalea of Halau Hula O Napualani Seattle & Kalama are producing for The 3rd Year "The Kalama Days of Discovery August 25th and 26th 2007 Infor www.halehalawaiohawaii.com

The 3rd Annual Kalama Days of Discovery is a Unique Hawaiian & Native Indian Cultural Event held in the City and Port of Kalama Washington.

This will be a Two Day Cultural & Heritage Event that combines Music of Hawaiian and Native American Indian plus Arts, Crafts, Music, Vendors and Food. We are also doing the 1st Ever Luau Pow Wow Concert at The Marina Park Port of Kalama and on The Columbia River Next to the Tallest Totem Poles in the Pacific Northwest.

Entertainment Line-Up
For the Main Evening Luau Pow Wow Concert at 8pm
--------------------------------
*Brother Noland Na Hoku Hanohano 2007 Winner

*Weldon Kekauoha and Friends
*Roddy Lopez(Artist & Singer)Of The Pandaus Club
*Up and Coming Artist/Ukulele/Singer "Kalae(Bobo)Miles

And Other local Artists from Seattle Oregon and Canada
This is the Weekend Entertainment For Saturday & Sunday
-----------------------------------------------------------
*Sweet Aloha Contemporary Hawaiian Group(Eugene Oregon)
*British Ukulele Players Group(7th to 12th Graders)of Canada
*Jerry Chapman Native American Indian Drummer
*Napua & Friends(Napua, Bill, Gregg, Pat)Seattle
*Hokule'le Contemporary Hawaiian(Napua,Bill, Braddah D, John)

*Manu Lono Hula Halau(Federal Way)
*Hula Expression and Kalama Halau
*Longview Halau & Kapuna's
*The Kalama Family & Nisqually Drum Team
--------------------------------------------------------------

For More information on The Kalama Days of Discovery Go To

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hawaiiankalamadaysofdiscovery
(Informational Link For The Kalama Days of Discovery)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hawaiianmusicandfun
(Concert Ticket Outlets)

And Purchase Tickets Online: www.alohaislandtreasures.net
$35.00(Single)$60.00(Couple)$85.00(Family of 4)Prices Include Luau/Pow Wow Dinner & Concert

Mahalo Again, for All Your Support and We are looking forward in Seeing All of You in Kalama August 25th & 26th
Time:10am to 5:15pm(Will close down the Vendors at 5:15pm and will be getting ready for the Luau Pow Wow Fest Saturday

Reopen at 6:15pm For The Luau Pow Wow Fest & Food
6:15pm-8:00pm(Food and Mini Hawaiian Show)
And Luau Music("Kalae(Bobo)Miles" Falsetto Artist
And The British Columbia Island Ukulele Players

The Main Concert at 7:00pm-10:00pm
----------------------------------
*Weldon Kekauoha & Friends"-7:00pm

*Roddy Lopez & Band-8:00pm

"BROTHER NOLAND AND GROUP"-9:00pm

Ticket Outlets
------------
*The Kalama Hawaiian Trading Company
(www.kalamahawaiiantradingcompany.com)

*The City of Kalama City Hall
(www.cityofkalama.com)

*Hula Boy Charbroiled Hawaiian Restaurant(Vancouver)

*Patrick's Hawaiian Cafe(Vancouver)

*Jett Burger/Ohana Q's(Washogal/Camas

*PURCHASE ONLINE WWW.ALOHAISLANDTREASURES.NET

------------------------------------------------------
Also Information Posters At these Other Locations

*The Fish Outlet(Burlington Wa)

*The Cascade Mall(Burlington Wa)

*Fred Meyer(Burlington Wa)

*Theo's Asian Fillipino Market(Burlington Wa)

*The Sushi Hut(Chinatown)

*The Northwest Pacific Canoe Association(South Seattle)

*Samoa Boutique(Tacoma)

And Don't Forget to Shop! Over 40 Vendors(Arts, Crafts, Music, Foods) It will be Fun For The Entire family Two Days August 25th and 26th(All Ages) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kalamadaysvendors

"TO THE EVERYONE ON 'TARO PATCH" YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!"

"KANIKAPILA ON SUNDAY OPEN TO ALL MUSICANS WHO LOVE HAWAIIAN MUSIC"

"Kalama Washington is Nestled in Cowlitz County Washington"
(2 1/2 Hours South of Seattle and 1 Hour North of Portland Oregon)
(Exit 27 or 30 North Or Exit 32,30 South)

*Gregg Porter of (SUPA) is the Main Emcee and Will be joined by Cuzzin Wally of Solid Poi Radio KLAV LAS VEGAS On Both Days(Also Wally will be doing a LIVE REMOTE FROM KALAMA Back to Las Vegas On Friday 8/24/ from The Kelso Red Lion Hotel and Also On Saturday 8/25/2007 At The Marina Park Kalama Washington.

"KEEP CHECKING FOR OTHER CONCERTS IN DECEMBER"

Edited by - napuasweet on 08/24/2007 11:09:02 PM

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  10:45:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Much mahalo for the info. Sounds great! Wish I could be there for the Kalama Days of Discovery. But I am stuck on the island of O'ahu. Sounds like you have a great line-up of performers. I really like Weldon Kekauoha and Byran Tolentino. Both are awesome guys!

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  12:33:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by napuasweet

*Napua & Friends(Napua, Bill, Gregg, Pat)Seattle

Hey - that's ME! Better mark this on my calendar...

Seriously - I'll be there to perform, emcee, troubleshoot, enjoy the experience, etc. I hope some TP'ers will be able to make it there this year (only 2.5 hours south of Seattle), and if I don't already know who you are, please come and say "hi." (And if I already DO know you, well, come and jam with us!)
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  2:40:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
We'll definitely be there, Gregg!

- The Eugene Hawaiian Music Mafia
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2007 :  7:00:32 PM  Show Profile
Slipr1, Gary and I goin' try fo be dea on Sunday fo' jam.
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  07:11:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Here are some of the highlights from the schedule I've been given ---

Friday night - preparation of the imu for pig roasting; possible kanikapila at Red Lion Hotel in Kelso.

Saturday at the main Marine Park stage, unless noted -
9 am) Parade in downtown Kalama
10 am) Opening ceremony
10:30 am - 5 pm) Various entertainment, including Charlie Recaido, Jerry Chapman, Island `Ukulele, Sweet Aloha, Halau Hula O Napualani, Tapestry Dance, dog show (!), Cree Star drum & dance, and more.
5 - 7 pm) Lu`au/Pow Wow buffet, includes performances from Kalama family and Nisqually drummers and dancers, hula from Kalama, and singer Kalae 'Bobo' Miles.
7 - 9 pm) Concert featuring Weldon Kekauoha w/Bryan Tolentino & Friends (7:00); Roddy Lopez (8:00); and Brother Noland (9:00.)

Sunday -
8:30 am) Service at the river
10 am - 5 pm) Various entertainment, including Kalama family and Nisqually drummers and dancers, Island `Ukulele, Dr. Jim Ho, performances from several regional hula halau, Solid Rock Car Cruisers, drum session, and kanikapila.
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  10:16:21 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by MahinaM

We'll definitely be there, Gregg!

- The Eugene Hawaiian Music Mafia

Hey - I'll be coming down on sunday for the kanikapila. It'll be good to see you. Is Chico coming?

keaka
Go to Top of Page

sob
Akahai

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  2:06:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit sob's Homepage
Aloha mai Kakou! Looking forward to meeting and seeing all you Pacific Northwesters! Weldon, Alika Boy and I are excited to be sharing our music with all of you.
A hui hou, E malama pono!
~Bryan
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  4:37:57 PM  Show Profile
Eh Bryan - why you call yourself da SOB? I thought you one very nice guy?

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

sob
Akahai

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  5:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit sob's Homepage
LOL, And a pretty good SOB...Haha...The SOB...The Side Order Band ;-)
Aloha Nui,
Bryan
Go to Top of Page

dr. cookie
Lokahi

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  6:13:27 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Bryan . . . good to see you in Hawai`i and to hear you guys make such good/music. See you again that Saturday in Kalama!

Don/Doc/Cookie
Go to Top of Page

sob
Akahai

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  7:24:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit sob's Homepage
Ahhh..Dr. Cookie! Aloha Don! It was great meeting and seeing you while you where in Hawai'i, at the 'Ukulele Festival and at Tiki's. I'm glad you enjoyed the music! For sure...Kalama! E Malama Pono,
A hui hou,
~Bryan
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  12:14:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by sob

Aloha mai Kakou! Looking forward to meeting and seeing all you Pacific Northwesters! Weldon, Alika Boy and I are excited to be sharing our music with all of you.
A hui hou, E malama pono!
~Bryan

Aloha e Bryan, Sorry I can't be there to support you, Weldon, and Alika Boy because I will be here.. I like your name SOB! Its cool, will hope to catch you and "hear" you again. E malama pono, ke akua pu. Hope to hear from you soon... I sent you an email from here. Did you get it? Let me know.

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  07:29:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
I got a little clarification from Bill & Gloria last night, regarding advance ticket sales.

The lu`au/concert tickets are selling very well, and they need to know in advance how many people they are feeding - that's why there will not be any lu`au tickets available on-site - only in advance.

However, the previously-announced $10 concert-only tickets WILL be available at the door...but those folks won't be let in and seated until after the lu`au folks have been seated. They also recommend that concert-only attendees bring their own chairs or blankets to sit on.
Go to Top of Page

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  5:47:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
SOB Doesn't that stand for Sweet Old Byron
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  2:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Advice for Bill (Napuasweet) --- rather than just editing the initial post (which triggers a "new posting" flag - but then, no one knows what was changed in such a huge initial message), please ALSO post a fresh note to the thread, with whatever info was just changed. Wouldya? It would make it much easier for everyone to know whatever you want them to know, in the way of updates for the event.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000