Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 15th Annual Slack Key Guitar Festival "Kona Style"
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ho`omaka E-Team
Aloha

34 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  11:15:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ho`omaka E-Team's Homepage
Hawaii expatriate Steven Espaniola returns home and will be among the list of performers at the 15th Annual Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Festival "Kona Style".

September, 2 2007
Sheraton Keahou Bay Resort & Spa
2pm-7pm
Kona, HI

http://www.slackkeyfestival.com/

Edited by - Ho`omaka E-Team on 08/13/2007 1:51:59 PM

sob
Akahai

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  09:23:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit sob's Homepage
Aloha mai e Steven! Hey, will you be stopping by O'ahu? Hit me up when you get in!
Safe Travels my brother! E Malama Pono, A hui hou,
~Bryan
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  1:03:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha mai e Steven! Welcome home and I hope that you will have a safe trip here. Hope that I will get to see you peform sometimes. You are awesome man.

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

ArtSap
Lokahi

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  1:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit ArtSap's Homepage  Send ArtSap a Yahoo! Message
Steven, I checked out Bryan, Weldon and Alika Boy during my recent trip back to Oahu (just got back last night). Weldon's still waiting to hook up with you. You bruddahs need to get together...

Art
SF Bay Area, CA / Mililani, HI
"The real music comes from within you - not from the instrument"

Edited by - ArtSap on 08/02/2007 12:06:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

alohakanakaluka
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  08:56:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit alohakanakaluka's Homepage
It is going to be AMAZING for those who are attending this Festival. I truly truly wish I had the opportunity to be there and see not just all the other talent but bruddah Steven Espaniola as well!
I'm so proud of you my bruddah! SO GET OVA' DEA AN....BUS EM' OUT BOO!!!!! Your gonn make some OLD LADIES cry with your I KONA... FO' SHUA!!!!
A hui hou,
Timmy
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1019 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  11:57:28 AM  Show Profile
I'm going. Where can I get a list of the performers? Can't decipher it from the website.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Espaniola
Lokahi

225 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  06:41:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steven Espaniola's Homepage
Aloha mai kakou! Mahalo for the kind words everyone! Not sure who else is scheduled on the lineup as it hasn't been officially posted yet, but past festivals have showcased a who's-who of ki ho`alu greats. I'm definitely excited and honored to be a part of it and proud to represent Kaleponi! Bryan, not sure if I'm swinging by O`ahu yet but will definitely call if I do. Art, Bryan and Weldon are good friends and amazing musicians! Glad you had the opportunity to check them out. Timmy, mahalo for hyping me up...you rock! A hui hou kakou!

Steven
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  3:10:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Espaniola

Aloha mai kakou! Mahalo for the kind words everyone! Not sure who else is scheduled on the lineup as it hasn't been officially posted yet, but past festivals have showcased a who's-who of ki ho`alu greats. I'm definitely excited and honored to be a part of it and proud to represent Kaleponi! Bryan, not sure if I'm swinging by O`ahu yet but will definitely call if I do. Art, Bryan and Weldon are good friends and amazing musicians! Glad you had the opportunity to check them out. Timmy, mahalo for hyping me up...you rock! A hui hou kakou!

Aloha e Steven! I just wanna say that I had several opportunities to see Braddah Weldon and Braddah Bryan play! They are awesome! Wish I had the opportunity to see you perform too. E malama pono, ke akua pu.

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

Ho`omaka E-Team
Aloha

34 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  12:42:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ho`omaka E-Team's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by chunky monkey

I'm going. Where can I get a list of the performers? Can't decipher it from the website.

Here is a partial list of artists who will be performing at the "Kona Style" Slack Key Festival:
Ledward Kaapana, Mike Kaawa, Steven Espaniola, David Kamakahi, Dennis Kamakahi, John Keawe, Brittni Paiva, Pali, Makana, Pilioha, Keale.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Espaniola
Lokahi

225 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  8:50:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven Espaniola's Homepage
Mahalo to everyone who attented this fabulous event! Special mahalo to Don Kaulia and Milton Lau for performing with me! Tons of fun and great music throughout the day...See you next year!

Steven

Edited by - Steven Espaniola on 09/06/2007 09:57:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  10:05:19 AM  Show Profile
Nice picture, Steven. What is that in the sound hole of your guitar? Is that one of those things supposed to make no feedback?

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Steven Espaniola
Lokahi

225 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  10:33:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steven Espaniola's Homepage
Aloha e Wanda! Yes...I have an endorsement from Dean Markley and its their "Feedback Suppressor" which comes in black and chrome. Works really well to control common feedback problems on acoustics. Plus it looks cool! Heres the link:

http://www.deanmarkley.com/Accessories/Suppressor.shtml

Steven
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  06:52:50 AM  Show Profile

Aloha e Steven...

It was good to see and chat with you at the Little Fox last night.

(at the Herb Ohota Jr, David Kamakahi, Jon Yamatso concert)

Yeah, I thought that was Don Kaulia on the left in the picture above.
He is a really smooth slack key player for sure. He also helped set
up an open mike at the Blue Marlin restaurant on Maui to host the
Keola Beamer and George Kahumoku workshop attendees after the Maui
Slack Key festival. A fine gentleman and Kanaka nui.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000