Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 MD: Makaha Sons, Hoku Zuttermeister, Keoki & Herb
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2007 :  09:28:45 AM  Show Profile
Any kanikapila after da show? I'll buy y'all a beer or iced tea or something (even da crabcakes (ono). I suspect Paul will bring his guitar and/or dulcimer, since we can just put them in the pack of the car. And don't forget, our Taro Patch friend, Nani and her husband will be there. I wonder if Isaac Ho`opi`i will be there. If he is, I would truly like to shake his hand and give him a hug for the heroic things he did at the Pentagon on 9/11/2001.

Have to remember in Maryland, if you want iced tea, have to tell them if you want sweet or not sweet.

I am taking Paul to see the Vietnam Wall. He has never seen it, but I know it will be quite emotional for him. If you are ever around when he is playing, have him play "Touch a Name on the Wall" for you. A very powerful song. He did it on one cruise passenger talent show and so many guys came up to him and told him they cried when he sang it. True chicken skin.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Leimomi
Aloha

5 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  09:02:14 AM  Show Profile
Herb,

I'm looking foward to a wonderful concert in Maryland. It's going to be exciting seeing you guys again.

Aloha,
Leimomi
Go to Top of Page

Leimomi
Aloha

5 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  11:28:23 PM  Show Profile
Keoki,

It will be so exciting to see you and Herb playing together in the East Coast again.

Aloha,
Leimomi
Go to Top of Page

808bk
Akahai

82 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  10:07:35 PM  Show Profile
Herb,
I heard from a fairly reliable source that you may have a new CD coming out soon. True???
If so, about when???
Go to Top of Page

HerbJr
Aloha

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  9:16:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit HerbJr's Homepage
Yes. I have a new cd coming out. It will be releasing on Sept 18th.
It is called "'Ukulele Journey".
I will have this Cd with me at Maryland.

Aloha,
Herb, Jr.

quote:
Originally posted by 808bk

Herb,
I heard from a fairly reliable source that you may have a new CD coming out soon. True???
If so, about when???

Herb Ohta, Jr.
www.herbohtajr.com
www.hojfc.com
www.herbohtajr.net
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  04:25:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
OK note to self "BRING CASH MONEY FOR BUY CD'S"

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  07:09:56 AM  Show Profile
Herb - the samples of the CD we have heard sure make me look forward to seeing the show and buying the CD. Some very sweet, nice sounds.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

HerbJr
Aloha

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  3:33:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit HerbJr's Homepage
Aloha Wanda,

Thank you for your kind post. I had a lot a fun recording this project. Uncle Led Kaapana, Barry Flanagan, Uncle Moon Kauakahi, Nathan Aweau and other great musicians on this recording. I really do appreciate your nice comments.

Aloha and Mahalo,
Herb, Jr.

quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Herb - the samples of the CD we have heard sure make me look forward to seeing the show and buying the CD. Some very sweet, nice sounds.

Herb Ohta, Jr.
www.herbohtajr.com
www.hojfc.com
www.herbohtajr.net
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  12:56:46 AM  Show Profile
Herb - I am so sorry to see that you had to use just a run-of-the-mill back up band. Ah, well, it sounds lovely none the less.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Leimomi
Aloha

5 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  11:29:46 PM  Show Profile
Herb,

I can't wait to hear your new CD. It sounds really exciting. You always have good CD's.

Take Care,
Leimomi
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  03:37:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Leimomi, Herb, Keoki and gang,

I really wanted to make the drive down for your show but won't be able to make it. I know it will be a fantastic show. Sorry to miss you on your swing through the East Coast, and hope to see you soon.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  06:10:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
Just found out There are two more Taropatchers (is that a Word?) coming to the MD concert. I really hope that we can all get together after the concert to meet and greet maybe there is a coffee house near by We could all wear somethig distinctive so we will stand out like you know Hawaiian Shirts I am Sure NO one else there would be wearing those :-)
Anybody Have any ideas?

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Leimomi
Aloha

5 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  10:29:55 PM  Show Profile
Andy,

Sorry you guys can't make it down. I hope we can meet up again in the future, maybe in our next run around.

Take care,
Leimomi
Go to Top of Page

808bk
Akahai

82 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  06:12:16 AM  Show Profile
Herb,
Thanks for the 411. The samples sound great. Cant wait to buy a copy.
Go to Top of Page

HerbJr
Aloha

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  5:38:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit HerbJr's Homepage
Aloha Everyone,

Just got home from CA 2 days ago. Maryland is getting close. Tickets are still available, but picking up steam. Talked to Keoki yesterday and he told me that he is very excited about sharing stories like how his father does in live performances.
Yes, my Cd was just released 2 days ago. Thank you to all who have already purchased my Cd and sending me kind comments about my recording. I really do appreciate it.
I am looking forwaard to listening to Hoku Zittermeister. His Cd is still one of the top selling Cd's of 2007.

Herb, Jr.

Herb Ohta, Jr.
www.herbohtajr.com
www.hojfc.com
www.herbohtajr.net
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page