Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Opening for Ledward, Sept 9, 10, 11
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  04:04:55 AM  Show Profile
Fran - congratulations on a successful show. It is heart warming that someone with your talent is still in awe of another performer. That is why your music is so good -- you've got the right heart for it. Enjoy your memories over and over. Any pictures to share?

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

les_maverick
Lokahi

USA
238 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  05:26:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit les_maverick's Homepage  Send les_maverick an AOL message  Send les_maverick a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the inside scoop from the gig
and for sharing your experience with Led.
Les
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  08:51:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Fran - congratulations on a successful show. It is heart warming that someone with your talent is still in awe of another performer. That is why your music is so good -- you've got the right heart for it. Enjoy your memories over and over. Any pictures to share?

Wanda, believe me, the more I learn and progress, the more I am in awe of Ledward and his genius. Every time I think I have a bit of his work down, I listen and discover more details that elevate his playing. I am absolutely convinced that he's a player for the ages, like Jimi Hendrix, Charlie Christian and Django Reinhardt.

For whatever reason we have no pics, we forgot the camera every time. We shot a little video at a couple of the shows but the lighting was so poor that they didn't come out either, so I'm limited to mental pictures only. Of course, that has a big advantage - they say the video camera adds 10 pounds, but I can assure you that mental pictures take off a lot more <grin>.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  09:16:01 AM  Show Profile
Fran, I have the whole concert on video. If you want, email me and I can send you a copy.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000