Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 South Bay Open Mic • Tue • Sept 11
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  3:35:01 PM  Show Profile
Time again for our open mic, Tuesday, Sept 11 at:

Mission City Coffee Roasting Co,
2221 The Alameda, in Santa Clara

Take The Alameda, north, off of 880 and it's about two long blocks on your left (just before the Alameda makes the big swing around Santa Clara University)

Signups, as always, will be at 6:30 PM and the first act will be at 7:15.

Thank you once again to Mission City and Sun Jose Hawai`i for sponsoring this event

Mahalo nui loa,

dog

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  08:35:17 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Dave,

Funny, it doesn't feel like a month has already passed since the last open mic. Please save a spot for me.

Aloha,

Doug
Go to Top of Page

ArtSap
Lokahi

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  08:52:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit ArtSap's Homepage  Send ArtSap a Yahoo! Message
I should be able to come down and support the individuals that will be performing, although possibly a little late (have to take my daughter to swimming lessons first). Hope to see you all then...

Art
SF Bay Area, CA / Mililani, HI
"The real music comes from within you - not from the instrument"
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  10:23:55 AM  Show Profile

We will be there.

...Be seeing you!

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 09/11/2007 10:24:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  7:10:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Pulelehua asked me to post these photos of a few of the August 14th Open Mic participants.

Guke

Honokowai Pete

PearlCityBoy

Sil da Trill

Ilio Nui
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  04:44:35 AM  Show Profile
Mahalo to everyone in the house last night. Tremendous playing. Da bes in a long time. Mahalo for your support.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  05:45:26 AM  Show Profile
The pictures are great! Thanks for sharing!
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  06:17:12 AM  Show Profile
Looks like a fine time was had by all. Sil da Tril & GUke - brothers, yeah? And what was in you guys' repertoire? Big Dog - are you conducting the chorus? Pearl City Boy - what kind of guitar is that? Looks like a jazzy Django Reinhardt kinda guitar, f-holes and all. Is it a hollow-body?

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I always like to look at pictures.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

makana
Aloha

Malaysia
4 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  7:34:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit makana's Homepage
Aloha kakou,

I found out about the Open Mic from a flyer at Sun Jose Hawaii and brought my wife to check it out last night. Pleased to meet some of you! You all seem like a laid-back ohana. Hopefully we can come back again when school's out.

Aloha,

Nate Lau
Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia

#include <std.disclaimer>
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  8:03:52 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Nate,

It was nice to meet you and your wife. We're not laid back, just old. Please come back again. We always have fun.

Dave

Edited by - `Ilio Nui on 09/12/2007 8:04:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

GUke
Lokahi

188 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  1:01:44 PM  Show Profile
e Wanda,
Yeah brothers. I'm the older, shorter and prettier one. He's the talented one.

G'uke

Genaro

Should I? Itʻs only $, and where Iʻm going itʻll burn or melt.
Go to Top of Page

Pmahany
Akahai

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  04:17:00 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the the pictures. Now I have an alibi. Sil, I'd like to do Kimo Harrington's Hula (in C), and Wahine Ilikea, (in G), I promise not to sing, so if you can get Guke to harmonize that would be great. And wouldn't it be great if Art plays the bass? I'm sending this via the Patch cause the Email address I got for you cratered. If you want to, (gasp), rehearse, let me know.

Honokowai Pete

Honokowai Pete
Go to Top of Page

ArtSap
Lokahi

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  9:12:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit ArtSap's Homepage  Send ArtSap a Yahoo! Message
Aloha and welcome Makana (Nate from Kaimuki) to the Taropatch ohana! It was nice meeting you and your wife, Annie, at the recent South Bay Open Mike. Although you joined us late, the important thing is that you came. We all look forward to both of you returning either to perform or just to join us in supporting one another.

Pmahany (Honokowai Pete), it would be my pleasure to join you, Sil and Genaro on stage. I'll try not to mess things up or get in the way...

Art
SF Bay Area, CA / Mililani, HI
"The real music comes from within you - not from the instrument"
Go to Top of Page

Pulelehua
Akahai

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  2:20:05 PM  Show Profile
Many thanks, Andy, for posting the pics on my behalf! Mission City Coffee Roasting Company has that great raised stage, delightful tropical background mural and professional lighting and sound, not to mention delicious coffee and food. We hope to see you up there one day!

Pulelehua
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000