Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Pakele Lounge - upcoming broadcasts
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2007 :  07:04:58 AM  Show Profile
The lineups for the 5:30pm Wednesday night "Live @ Pakele Lounge" broadcasts for the next few weeks has been announced:

9/12 - Stephen Inglis & Hoku Zuttermeister
9/19 - Jay Larrin & Brittni Paiva
9/26 - Don Kauli`a & LT Smooth
10/3 - Napua Greig & John Keawe
10/10 - Pilioha

Broadcast online at http://www.alohavideo.tv/pakele_stream.htm

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Steven Espaniola
Lokahi

225 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  1:50:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven Espaniola's Homepage
I was fortunate to have been invited by Milton Lau to perform at Don Kauli'a and LT Smooth's CD release party a couple weekends ago in Kona. Don (along with Milton) also performed with me at the Slack Key Festival the next day. LT and Don are incredibly talented individuals that you will definitely NOT want to miss!

Left to Right: LT Smooth, Steven Espaniola, Don Kauli'a

Steven

Edited by - Steven Espaniola on 09/13/2007 06:31:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  3:23:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Espaniola

I was fortunate to have been invited by Milton Lau to perform at Don Kauli'a and LT Smooth's CD release party a couple weekends ago in Kona. Don (along with Milton) also performed with me at the Slack Key Festival the next day. LT and Don are incredibly talented individuals that you will definitely NOT want to miss!

Left to Right: LT Smooth, Steven Espaniola, Don Kauli'a

Aloha mai e Steven, That's a awesome picture. I will try and watch the peformance of Don Kauli'a and LT Smooth when it streaming live.

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  3:13:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
I always enjoy these performances. Can't wait for the next one. I'll be listening online!

'Alika

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  03:52:07 AM  Show Profile
A Wednesday "heads up" for all Pakele addicts!

Tonight's performance is due to feature Jay Larrin & Brittni Paiva...

Auntie Maria
===================
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  08:07:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
Does anyone know if there is a way to sve these so they can be seen at a later time. 6:OO PM Hawaii time is a little past my bed time here on the east coast cause I gotta go to work tomorrow and I would Love to see Brittni and Jay Live

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  1:56:44 PM  Show Profile
Was trying to watch Brittany but it was all broken up. I tried to sign on again and couldn't. I guess all the quess were full. I was sadly disappointed by the result. I'm sure it doesn't usually happen that way I have a cable connection so I thought it would work. Couldn't get faster than 341. Is that normal?

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

dr. cookie
Lokahi

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  4:45:56 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Al!

I had the same bad experience last night (lots of breaking up), which made it tough to enjoy. This is not my usual experience with these great webcasts, though.

Don
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  09:07:30 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by dr. cookie

Aloha e Al!

I had the same bad experience last night (lots of breaking up), which made it tough to enjoy. This is not my usual experience with these great webcasts, though.

Don

There's a hole in the sun's surface (no cause for alarm - it happens every so often) that's causing a major solar wind, with Auroras up north and losts of radio interference all over, so, if any part of the Internet goes through the atmosphere, expect breakups for a few days. Your humble science geek, Uncle Slipry.

keaka
Go to Top of Page

Pali
Akahai

64 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  11:10:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pali's Homepage
Aloha All,

First off, my apologies to all.. since the start of the series-this is the first time we've had issues like this and it was due to the provider we're/Ala Moana is using for the stream (nope, it aint LavaNet, as we don't sell T1s). I have a couple of trouble-tickets opened with them.

Also, we did archive Brittni's and Jay's performances... so we'll restream them very soon, and I'll be sure to post on here the re-broadcast and email the artists as well.

Gotta love technology....

Pali
Go to Top of Page

dr. cookie
Lokahi

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  5:52:32 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo Pali . . . don't take it personally! I love this series and the work that you (and other fine folks, I'm sure!) are doing to showcase these performers . . . and to let us all enjoy it thoughout our global village!

Don
Go to Top of Page

kalamakruza
Aloha

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  6:54:48 PM  Show Profile
Aloha all, good to hear that wasn't just me having problems watching Pakele live the other nite, and Mahalo e Pali for the explanation..I really appreciate ALL you fella's do to keep us guys in tune, musically...Jimmerz

I tink I got a touch of Island fever..Aloha no Kakou..Jimmerz
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  7:04:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Pali,

Thanks for popping in. I was going to email you but you found this post first. I look forward to the rebroadcast.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  8:29:15 PM  Show Profile
I used to work satt comm this streaming stuff happened and developed after I left the field. Sun activity would effect sattelite up and down links cause the sattelite itself gets affected by solar flares and so forth But guess what and this is not a portuguese joke. It was night time so solar flares usally only bother the sunny side. As far as aurora stuff Slipry1 might have a point. But i think it was an equipment problem that can be fixed by the provider.
E Pali mahalo for the timely announcement. I'd like to see the restream when it is available.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2007 :  4:09:37 PM  Show Profile
Just got email from Donald Kauli`a -- this week's Pakele Lounge gig is the CD release party for his new album, as well as the new one from LT Smooth.

In addition to Donald and LT, expect performances from:
Led Kaapana
Mike Kaawa
Keale
Pali
Pilioha
...and whoever happens to drop by!

Wednesday -- 5pm to 10pm (HST) -- www.alohavideo.tv/pakele_stream.htm

Auntie Maria
===================

Go to Top of Page

Steven Espaniola
Lokahi

225 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  1:51:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven Espaniola's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Maria

Just got email from Donald Kauli`a -- this week's Pakele Lounge gig is the CD release party for his new album, as well as the new one from LT Smooth.

In addition to Donald and LT, expect performances from:
Led Kaapana
Mike Kaawa
Keale
Pali
Pilioha
...and whoever happens to drop by!

Wednesday -- 5pm to 10pm (HST) -- www.alohavideo.tv/pakele_stream.htm

If its anything like the Kona CD Release Party was a few weeks back, should be a great party! Lineup is solid!

Steven
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000