Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Admin Opening for the Makaha Sons!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2007 :  07:55:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Best wishes for tonight, Andy!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2007 :  6:58:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Whoa, what an experience. I played Ku`u Ipo Onaona, Moloka`i Sweet Home and `Opihi Moemoe. Despite a racing heart beat and shaking fretting hand, I made it. I need to play solo more to reduce that and just calm down. The nearly sold out New Hampshire crowd was warm and full of aloha. I got to meet all kinds of great people from Maine to Maui to Connecicut to New Hampshire. I saw `Alika from afar during Hoku's set but sadly missed meeting her face to face after the show.

Margo Reola opened the show with I Miss You, My Hawai`i and Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Margo hasn't graduated from high school yet and has the voice of an angel. Unbelievable. The Reola `ohana were so kind and so musically talented.

If you guys have the opportunity to see Hoku Zuttermeister along with the Makaha Sons, don't miss it. Musicianship and entertainment to the max. No surprise from the Sons who have been at it for 31 years but Hoku is the real deal. By the time Hoku finished his set with the Sons, the crowd was on their feet. I'd point out highlights but honestly their entire set was superlative.

This was the first Hawaiian music show of its kind in Stratham, NH. People came from far and wide. Many had never heard ki ho`alu including the sound guys. What a privilege it was to perform with these legends of Hawaiian music and bring slack key to the ears of new listeners. I am on Cloud 9. Mahalo nui to Rick and Janet Savastano, Alex and Ruthie Reola, and everyone else who made this show possible.

Tomorrow, Hoku, and the Uncles Jerome, John, and Moon perform the National Anthem at the New England Pats game!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2007 :  8:58:27 PM  Show Profile
So good to know that chiken skin is alive and well in NH.. Sounds like you had agrand time.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  02:10:41 AM  Show Profile
Andy - I am glad you had fun and experienced the aloha. Sounds like I have plenty to look forward to next Saturday evening in College Park, MD. The news clip I saw of Hoku and the Sons on the Boston FOX network impressed me mightly about Mr. Zuttermeister. Can't wait.

OK - now where's the pictures? Gotta be pictures, right?

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  04:50:26 AM  Show Profile
Sounds Wonderful, Andy, like an experience of a lifetime! Whee ha! Congratulations again!

aloha,
Sarah
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  06:23:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
huuuuii! thanks for the update, andy, i was wondering how it went. i wish i could've been there,

aloha
keith
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  08:11:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
WOW! Sounds like you had a great time Andy at the concert. Too bad that you couldn't meet 'Alika afterwards face to face. That would have been neat. I am so glad it was a nearly sold out show. I can't wait till next Saturday because I get to meet Kaukahi because they are performing in a local mall here in Hawaii! WOOO-HOOOO!

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

EastCoastTropics
Aloha

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  08:28:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit EastCoastTropics's Homepage
Aloha!

This is my first post here and I just wanted to say that I saw the Makaha Sons concert last night. I also met Andy after the show....I took your photo Andy (you gave the Shaka sign). I was very impressed hear you play and sing last night and I hope to have the opp to hear you play again in the future. I also purchased Darin's CD at the show and look forward to listening to it today!

I was supposed to meet with Alika last night too....my friend Nancy and her daughter was with the hula halua that performed with the show last night. Unfortunately, I had to leave early....I saw Alika in the audience last night after Hoku called her out but I could not find her in the lobby before I left.

As for the show, this was the first time I saw Hoku's performance as well. I was in Hawaii for two weeks Sept 4-18th and missed him at Ala Moana's Moonlight Mele so I'm glad to have seen him.

I haven't lived in Hawaii for over 20 years but go to Hawaii every year to visit with ohana and friends and for business as well. I had a blast taking photos of the Aloha Festival Parade...I had forgotten how beautiful the Pa'u Queen and island princesses were as well has how colorful adorned all their horses are! And the Thunderbirds over Waikiki was so thrilling to watch and photog as well!

Don't know if we can post photos here, but if we can, please let me know if it's okay to post Andy's photo here....as well as the Makaha Sons and Hoku's signing autographs after the show.

Lovena

Free Hawaii eCards!
Send an Aloha today!
http://hawaii-ecards.com
Go to Top of Page

Darin
Lokahi

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  09:26:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Darin's Homepage
Congrats on rocking the house Andy!

Darin
http://www.hawaiiguitar.com/
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  10:46:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
What a great show last night! Andy, I think you are a great slack key player. So glad you could share your music with all of us. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you. Maybe somewhere else!

Aloha!

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  5:25:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Thanks `Alika. We'll meet up next time.

Lovena - it was great meeting you after the show. Thanks for your kind words and taking a photo. Would love to see your photos here. Please read this: How do I post a photo? Welcome to Taropatch.net!

It was truly a humbling and awe inspiring experience to spend time with these incredible musicians. Lucky, lucky!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  7:58:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
We were thinking of you all the way on the other coast, Andy! Wish we could've heard you. It's what I call an "MMM" - Magical Music Moments. This sure qualified, yah? - M
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  01:56:37 AM  Show Profile
Here is another e-mail from Makaha Sons newsletter. Down in the middle of the page is a link to pictures of the event, Woo-hoo, Andy. How wonderfully exciting.

Aloha friends,

The Makaha Sons want to thank all of you for your kind words in response to their performances on Fox 25 in Boston and their appearance at the Patriots game to sing the National Anthem. We have been hearing from many of you that had the opportunity to see the game on television and, unfortunately, the Sons apparently were not shown. We are trying to secure the footage from available sources and if we are allowed to, will share it with you. Sharlene was at the game and will be sending still pictures home throughout the evening.

This brings us to our current announcement. Sharlene will be sending images back to Hawai’i for us to post on the site and for the first time in Makaha Sons history, you will see their travels while they are still on the road. You will see in the pictures posted throughout the week the Makaha Sons’ newest sound engineer, Ioane Burns. Ioane plays bass and sings with Hoku Zuttermeister as part of the duo known as Kana’e. We would like to welcome Ioane to the MS Family and look forward to him sharing his engineering talents with you as you listen to the Makaha Sons at their upcoming live performances. We have just posted pictures from their first two days in the Boston/New Hampshire areas and you can view them through the Sons’ photo gallery at this link:

http://www.makahasons.com/photos.html

We hope to have pictures of them at the Patriot’s game up by tomorrow evening so please check back during the week as we will be putting up the pictures that Sharlene will be sending home for all of you to see.

The Sons want to thank everyone who came to the concert at the Meehan Performing Arts Center; they had so much fun and everyone in the audience made them feel so welcome…there’s talk of returning so stay tuned and we’ll keep you all updated as we get more information.

Mahalo for spending some time with us and for all of your kind emails. We have been forwarding them to the Sons and they’re having a great time reading them. We cannot stress this enough; YOU are the reason why the Sons continue on their mission to spread the music of Hawai’i and this week in particular has been a spectacular one for the Makaha Sons Family!

Aloha everyone,
Sharlene and Kawikanui

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  04:00:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Here's a photo that Sharlene Oshiro had taken during the show and sent me this morning. Thanks Sharlene!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  07:07:03 AM  Show Profile

But... who is that guy on the stage??

Looks too handsome and relaxed to be Andy!

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000