Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Admin Opening for the Makaha Sons!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  09:50:29 AM  Show Profile
Andy - that look on your face is priceless...you look like the proverbial cat who swallowed the canary. Congratulations and all our aloha.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  10:08:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by EastCoastTropics

Aloha!

This is my first post here and I just wanted to say that I saw the Makaha Sons concert last night. I also met Andy after the show....I took your photo Andy (you gave the Shaka sign). I was very impressed hear you play and sing last night and I hope to have the opp to hear you play again in the future. I also purchased Darin's CD at the show and look forward to listening to it today!

I was supposed to meet with Alika last night too....my friend Nancy and her daughter was with the hula halua that performed with the show last night. Unfortunately, I had to leave early....I saw Alika in the audience last night after Hoku called her out but I could not find her in the lobby before I left.

As for the show, this was the first time I saw Hoku's performance as well. I was in Hawaii for two weeks Sept 4-18th and missed him at Ala Moana's Moonlight Mele so I'm glad to have seen him.

I haven't lived in Hawaii for over 20 years but go to Hawaii every year to visit with ohana and friends and for business as well. I had a blast taking photos of the Aloha Festival Parade...I had forgotten how beautiful the Pa'u Queen and island princesses were as well has how colorful adorned all their horses are! And the Thunderbirds over Waikiki was so thrilling to watch and photog as well!

Don't know if we can post photos here, but if we can, please let me know if it's okay to post Andy's photo here....as well as the Makaha Sons and Hoku's signing autographs after the show.

Lovena

Aloha e Lovena,

E komo mai! I wish I could have met you, but I was glad that I got to meet Auntie Nancy and Hoku. I hope to meet you some other time in the future, maybe.

Have you gotten any of my e-mails btw? I've never gotten replies.

Keep in touch.

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  12:21:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Absolutely wonderful photo, Andy. Looks like, despite the stage fright, you knew what a lucky guy you were that night - and from everything I've heard, deservedly so.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  3:21:18 PM  Show Profile
More pics have been published on Makaha Sons web site. Here are some of our beloved Admin.

http://www.makahasons.com/images/photo_galleries/09222007_day3/pages/071.html
http://www.makahasons.com/images/photo_galleries/09222007_day3/pages/072.html
http://www.makahasons.com/images/photo_galleries/09222007_day3/pages/025.html
http://www.makahasons.com/images/photo_galleries/09222007_day3/pages/024.html

Whata the heck kine bass is Uncle John playing? Not one of Konabob's???

Who da odda guyz?

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  4:49:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Who da odda guyz?

Who? In that gallery, Ioane Burns (Hoku's bandmate and soundman on this tour), Margo Reola's parents, Karen Leimomi Kawewehi Hoover (hula instructor)...

Andy
Go to Top of Page

EastCoastTropics
Aloha

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2007 :  12:58:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit EastCoastTropics's Homepage
Great photo!

Alika, yes I did receive your email and sent ya a reply...thanks so much!

Thanks for letting post my photos....I just have photos from the lobby area....

Free Hawaii eCards!
Send an Aloha today!
http://hawaii-ecards.com
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  03:25:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Whata the heck kine bass is Uncle John playing? Not one of Konabob's???
Uncle John's playing a Ned Steinberger bass.

Ok, I am back to earth now. Sorry if I am inundating you guys with posts to this thread. Guess I'm like a kid on Christmas day.

By the way, John Carden (Exeter News Letter) took some beautiful photos here.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  05:40:18 AM  Show Profile
Andy, aside from the first picture posted here (with that great look) I like the next to last picture of Carden's best (the group photo). To be included in that company, on the performers' side of the footlights, is an accomplishment indeed. Let's hope that this is just the beginning.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  05:48:35 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by our resident Star

Sorry if I am inundating you guys with posts to this thread. Guess I'm like a kid on Christmas day.

More, more! It's been fun to hear about.
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  06:21:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
This has been a great thread. Thanks for posting pix.
This performance was reward for the time you have invested in music.
Congratulations.
Jesse
Go to Top of Page

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2007 :  07:56:20 AM  Show Profile
Howzit Andy,

Congrats on pulling off a big one! The boys are proud of their Uncle Andy. My Dad was very impressed too--the Makaha Sons are one of his favorite groups. You led off with "Ku'u Ipo Onaona"? The crowd must have been thinking, "Eh, that pake guy is brave." I'm too chicken to tackle that one until I've had a few songs for warm up (same with 'Opihi Moemoe).

Aloha,

Doug
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  11:41:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hey Doug,

Say hi to your family! There is a fine line between brave and stupid! Really, the whole night was good fun. I still cannot believe that I was even a part of the show. I learned a lot.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000