Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Pakele Lounge tonight - Wed 10/31
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  05:23:36 AM  Show Profile
Hau`oli la hanau, Aunty Genoa!

Just a reminder -- tonight's Pakele Lounge party (and broadcast) is a birthday celebration for Aunty Genoa Keawe (89 and still going strong!). Performers will include Hema Pa`a, Kealoha Kalama, Bernard Kalua, Kimo Alama Keaulana, Barry Kimokeo...and more.

Due to start 6pm (HST) tonight; watch online at: http://www.alohavideo.tv/

You can send birthday wishes via her website: http://www.genoakeawe.com/frameset.contact.htm

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  09:52:52 AM  Show Profile
Here is some information received from the Keawe `Ohana:
--------------------
Aloha Everyone!

If you want to join in tonights Birthday Celebration it will be on webcast live. It will be live on the web at these websites, www.alohavideo.tv ; www.lava.net ; www.mauitoday.com ; www.jwaveradio.com . Copy a site address and paste it into your www address bar.

We hope that you will tune at 6-9PM Hawaii Standard Time. To find out who's playing just go to www.genoakeawe.com performance schedule site. It will be packed with a lot of fun. If you are on the east coast you may want to rest before you tune in. Aunty Genoa is schduled to perform after other guest artist at approx. 8PM HST.

Sharing is Caring! Click on the article below for events on Oct. 31st Wed.; Nov. 1st Thurs.

http://starbulletin.com/2007/10/29/features/story01.html

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007710300309

Remember in addition there is the Birthday Honor Dinner & Show Nov. 16th. Portion of the proceeds will go to Hawaiian Music Hall of Fame and Museum. See attached Poster.

Eric K. Keawe - VP Genoa Keawe Records, Inc. 2283 Tantalus Drive Honolulu, HI 96813

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  09:56:38 AM  Show Profile
Here is tonight's schedule:
The schedule of entertainment is as follows:
6:00 PM-6:25 PM Hema Pa'a (Baba Alimoot & Chris Kamaka)
6:30 PM-6:55PM Kimo Alama Keaulana
7:00 PM-7:25PM Ikona (Bernard Kalua, Alika Odum, Barry Kimokeo)
7:30 PM-8:00 PM Kealoha Kalama
8:00 PM-9:00PM Open Session w/ Genoa Keawe and other guest artist who are there.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  10:07:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Thanks. I am not sure how late I will be able to last, but we'll see. That's midnight to 3am EST.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  10:44:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Thanks. I am not sure how late I will be able to last, but we'll see. That's midnight to 3am EST.

C'mon! We'll do it together! I am not exaggerating when I say that my favorite Hawaiian performer doing a show on her 89th birthday is the musical equivalent of a meteor shower to me.

And not in any way intended as a gratuitous plug but only intended to extend the celebration, this week's Ho`olohe Hou will feature two-hours of nothing but Genoa Keawe - from the very first recording to the present.

Join me for the history of Hawaiian music and its musicians at Ho`olohe Hou at www.hoolohehou.org.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  11:08:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by hwnmusiclives

C'mon! We'll do it together! I am not exaggerating when I say that my favorite Hawaiian performer doing a show on her 89th birthday is the musical equivalent of a meteor shower to me.
I will be here. Just someone wake me up if you see no more posts from me after 1:30am. That means that I fell asleep with my laptop on the bed. It's happened before.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  6:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Momi & I are watching Hema Pa`a right now - we met 'em at a festival in Kalama, WA in 2006. What a treat this weekly show is turning out to be!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  6:17:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I like the bigger screen. Nice layout. Enjoying the show!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  6:49:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:

I like the bigger screen. Nice layout. Enjoying the show!

I didn't notice a different screen size, but the sound is OUTSTANDING! I am listening on a 1000W system in my studio in (simulated) surround sound and it is almost like being there - except for the elbow-rubbing with the legends of Hawaiian music.

Those are some of my good friends on stage right now... Akira Ozawa, steel guitar, moved from Japan to Hawai`i in 1985 to follow his dream of playing Hawaiian music. He is famous in Japan and was a student of Joe Custino. (He's playing the E13th tuning, for the players out there.) Keola Chan and I have performed at Halekulani with Jeff Au Hoy and Brandon Souza - Keoni Souza's brother - is even better on the guitar than on the bass. When the buggah plays guitar it's like he is channeling the old school - Pahukoa Morse, Pua Almeida, Pauline Kekahuna...

And speaking of Aunty Pauline, Aunty Flo - who just danced Ma`anei Mai `Oe - was one of Aunty Pauline's Hau`oli Girls.

Oh, this is good fun!

Thank you, Pali, for pulling this off every week!

Join me for the history of Hawaiian music and its musicians at Ho`olohe Hou at www.hoolohehou.org.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  7:06:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
When you're shouting "Hana Hou" to your computer screen at 1 am in the morning, you know it's good. I'm right with ya Bill.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  7:12:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:

When you're shouting "Hana Hou" to your computer screen at 1 am in the morning, you know it's good. I'm right with ya Bill.

OK, my brother... DO NOT fall asleep for Barry Kimokeo. It is one thing to hear him, but it is another thing entirely to watch him pull off what he does.

Yes, I took a nap and set an alarm. Geev'um...

Shout out to Gregg in Washington. Both coasts representin'. ("Representin'?" I don't talk like that. I am having an out of body experience apparently.)

Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  7:12:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:

Eh, Andy --- NO MOEMOE, brah!
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  7:20:36 PM  Show Profile
Your eyes are getting verrry heavy...

Interesting that Kimo Keaulana had his dog on stage too.

The new larger viewing area and sound quality is looking and sounding awesome in my neck of the woods.
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  7:26:52 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by hwnmusiclives

DO NOT fall asleep for Barry Kimokeo. It is one thing to hear him, but it is another thing entirely to watch him pull off what he does.
Oh. My. Goodness.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  7:29:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by guavasunrise

Your eyes are getting verrry heavy...
No chance! Camera man, please stop zooming in on rhythm guitar during solos.

Yeah, Barry can play a little bit.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  7:31:04 PM  Show Profile
Barry is soooooo hot.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000